Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263567 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3660 on: July 29, 2011, 12:18:52 pm »

Well, if you light the gas directly and run away right after, you should be safe.

Now lighting the actual pump on the other hand....
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: July 29, 2011, 12:33:00 pm »

Suggestions to Deon:

Add priest robes, sacramental wine, holy water and bible or holy scriptures to the churches. Also a trait called "Piety" that gives large increase in moral by consuming the sacramental wine and holy water, and reading the bible.

I really want to create a character called "Father Anderson" and go kill zombies with machetes. Then read the Bible to let their damned souls to rest.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: July 29, 2011, 12:40:47 pm »

As much as that stuff is, I think it'd be better if they were left nondenominational.  Maybe even just call them "temples" instead of churches, although given the setting, that could easily be confused for cult temples.

Or, y'know, a variety of religious buildings, to cover most of your bases.  Killing zombies in a priest robe would be pretty awesome.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: July 29, 2011, 12:46:06 pm »

Suggestions to Deon:

Add priest robes, sacramental wine, holy water and bible or holy scriptures to the churches. Also a trait called "Piety" that gives large increase in moral by consuming the sacramental wine and holy water, and reading the bible.

I really want to create a character called "Father Anderson" and go kill zombies with machetes. Then read the Bible to let their damned souls to rest.

Father Anderson, I see, I see. :3c

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAMEN

EDIT: Request to whoever likes: How about a police shield? You know one of those transparent shields policemen use when containing masses and so on. They might be found just in police stations, and provide defense for arms and torso at the expense of large volume.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:54:21 pm by DalGren »
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: July 29, 2011, 12:48:21 pm »

Suggestions to Deon:

I don't think that your supposed to drink holy water...

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: July 29, 2011, 12:57:15 pm »

Suggestions to Deon:

Yeah, you should use it to bless your weapons and ammo. Having a blessed digestive tract will not help in a monster apocalypse. EDIT: Unless Whales or Deon decide to add Taco Bell.

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: July 29, 2011, 01:00:21 pm »

Suggestions to Deon:

Yeah, you should use it to bless your weapons and ammo. Having a blessed digestive tract will not help in a monster apocalypse. EDIT: Unless Whales or Deon decide to add Taco Bell.
unless you want a holy shit.

HOLY SHIT that was bad. xD

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: July 29, 2011, 01:01:14 pm »

Suggestion: negative trait: irritable bowels. Must visit a toilet when the trait is incurred or suffer a morale penalty. (I like Zombie Land :P )

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: July 29, 2011, 01:05:51 pm »

I read some people use holy water and mix in some petals that never wilts and drink it as tea/medicine.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: July 29, 2011, 01:25:39 pm »

So what do the shallow pits actually do? Do they trap zombies or just hold them there for awhile?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: July 29, 2011, 01:31:22 pm »

So what do the shallow pits actually do? Do they trap zombies or just hold them there for awhile?

Anything can fall into them, really. Most animals (squirrels, deer, rabbits) die immediately when they fall into a pit. I believe zombies can possibly die the first time they fall into a pit, and after that they will probably die. You can get out of pits, not sure if zombies can, but probably. Either way, pits are a great defense. If you find a shovel, count yourself lucky. I usually, if possible, make a 3-thick moat of pits around my house. Most nothing can get through.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: July 29, 2011, 01:33:22 pm »

So, what good are the standard glue n string tripwires any ways? I have not found out, even though Im getting rather good at the game.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: July 29, 2011, 01:42:25 pm »

Anything can fall into them, really. Most animals (squirrels, deer, rabbits) die immediately when they fall into a pit. I believe zombies can possibly die the first time they fall into a pit, and after that they will probably die. You can get out of pits, not sure if zombies can, but probably. Either way, pits are a great defense. If you find a shovel, count yourself lucky. I usually, if possible, make a 3-thick moat of pits around my house. Most nothing can get through.

Ohh, I see. Thanks, I just figured it was something like obstacles that slow down the zombies when fall into them, didn't know they actually killed them. That would have been good to know in my last game, my safehouse was continuously being barraged by Necromancers >.<

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: July 29, 2011, 01:53:50 pm »

Holy water that affects enemies would just take off the realism of the game i think...

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: July 29, 2011, 01:55:14 pm »

Plus it doesnt really fit with the story as it stands
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 777