Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260353 times)

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4065 on: August 01, 2011, 12:57:45 pm »

I usually scout out a base of operations first, then hit places like the clothing store or sporting goods, making sure to mark basements on the map for later looting. After that I head over to a hardware store
for nails, a hammer, and some 2x4's to barricade my safehouse, if I can't find any 2x4 I usually just grab something like a sledge or use a crowbar to beat down some doors. Always picking up salt when I find it.
Salt is a good thing to keep around to make some jerky for emergencies.

You should aim for finding backpacks at houses, Panda. I usually find mine inside houses at least. Alternatively try to use something else like a purse, fanny pack, messenger bag, etc which appear often in houses and allow to carry enough stuff before you can actually fill a backpack with items. EDIT: Oh! I believe backpacks also spawn in clothing stores, but don't trust me on that.

EDIT: In my play style the starting point is always houses, then hardware store. And *then* sporting goods, mostly trying to find water purifiers.

Reminds me, is there any other type of axe other than the hatchet? Like a wood axe or something like that?

There is a wood axe. Not sure where to find it. Comparable to sledge I believe. I could check if you want, I have one at the moment.

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 01, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »

There is a wood axe. Not sure where to find it. Comparable to sledge I believe. I could check if you want, I have one at the moment.
Just knowing it's there is enough. Thank you!
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 01, 2011, 01:02:16 pm »

The dual trenchcoat fannypack plan sounds like it would give a lot of encumberment :P And I'm never lucky enough to find backpacks or messenger bags in houses. Though I find cargo pant's pretty frequently. And yeah DalGren backpacks spawn in clothing stores.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 01, 2011, 01:03:46 pm »

i dont know. Two trenchcoats and a fanny pack sounds kind of gimmicky. Perhaps intead of getting two bonuses from two trenchcoats, just keep the bonus from one to prevent exploits.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 01, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »

If you can wear several coats, why not wear several coats? More layers gives you more slight protection from getting cut, or something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 01, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »

Molotov cocktails doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong. I craft it, throw it to zombie and it takes like 10 damage and falls to the ground without creating fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:01 pm »

Molotov cocktails doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong. I craft it, throw it to zombie and it takes like 10 damage and falls to the ground without creating fire.
is it lit?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 01, 2011, 01:14:28 pm »

Ah, I meant that having the extra storage space with two trench coats on seems kind of gimmicky. I just dont see how having 2 coats layered gives extra storage space. Thats why I see it as kind of an exploit.

"Oh yeah, this trenchcoat has great storage space!"

"Wear two, it somehow gives you double the amount of storage!"

It makes sense until you stop and think about how double storage space wouldont work IRL.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: August 01, 2011, 01:14:44 pm »

is it lit?

????

(two seconds later)

:o

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: August 01, 2011, 01:17:15 pm »

It would work IRL, just don't put huge things on the outer pockets or you'll crush the inner pockets. Might be a bit sweaty if its summer, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aleks

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: August 01, 2011, 01:20:01 pm »

I noticed that saving and reloading resets the weather to "Clear".
Don't know, if this has been reported earlier or not.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: August 01, 2011, 01:21:05 pm »

*Wearing two trenchcoats irl*
Where did I put my meth at? This pocket? Or THIS pocket? I don't even know which coat it's in! Or is it in my cargo pants? Or my fanny pack? Nope that's Rockhealth the exalted AK47 of incest...  *Sighs*

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 01, 2011, 01:24:33 pm »

Alright...bug time... I'm using head's version 1.9.4.

1)I can bake bread with flour and two plastic bottles filled with water from the toilet, I can't bake bread with an aluminum can and a plastic bottle filled with water from the toilet. EDIT: replaced the alulinum can filled with toilet water with a second plastic bottle filled with toilet water...still nothing. Since the bread recipe require 2X water, maybe one is clean and the other isn't?

2) At 6:00AM my vision decreases to zero before increasing as dawn breaks...this seems like a small math error.

3) Pain seems to be much lower in general this version...I can't find anything in the documentation to explain why.

4) Spitters can spit through unbroken windows...this seems buggy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:29:46 pm by BishopX »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 01, 2011, 01:26:24 pm »

1)You can't use two different containers for the same ingredient. You need 2 bottles or 2 cans.

2)Known bug

3)Maybe you just aren't getting hit as much?
*Hugs*

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: August 01, 2011, 01:30:50 pm »

If you can wear several coats, why not wear several coats? More layers gives you more slight protection from getting cut, or something.

Especially if they're reinforced. -Nods- Not that I think that does much. I haven't really noticed :p
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 777