Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263561 times)

BoxMacLeod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4140 on: August 01, 2011, 07:10:25 pm »

Each season could potentially have positives and negatives. Summer may have less acid raid and it's warmer, but there are more zombies. Winter is cold and you have to deal with snow/lack of hunting, but there may be less zombies. Spring and Fall could be in between.

Also, don't hate me 'cause I play WoW. D: Pleeease.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: August 01, 2011, 07:11:58 pm »

EDIT: Construction update? What is construction update. I don't want to search for it. SOMEONE TELL ME!!!
DIY Safehouse update.

Basically you can build.
But what can we build with?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: August 01, 2011, 07:14:43 pm »

EDIT: Construction update? What is construction update. I don't want to search for it. SOMEONE TELL ME!!!
DIY Safehouse update.

Basically you can build.

I aaam a lumberjack and I am O.K.~♪
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: August 01, 2011, 07:15:40 pm »

DIY Safehouse update.

Basically you can build.

I aaam a lumberjack and I am O.K.~♪
And, What with the fact that this game has all the modding support in the universe, you can build with cheese if you want.
*Hugs*

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: August 01, 2011, 07:16:21 pm »

You should be able to keep things outside to keep them from going bad during the winter -nods- Keep them frozen dinners frozen :3
Possibly have zombies hiding under the snow, less chance of spotting burrowing creatures. All sorts of FUN xD

Found a duplication glitch. I had some 00 shot in my inventory, unloaded a radio and wound up with almost 2 stack full of 00 shot. No batteries, which made me sad, not that I needed them though xD

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: August 01, 2011, 07:17:15 pm »

That's a well known glitch with battery unloading.
It's been annoying everyone for a while now :P

As for winter, SNOWBALLS >:3
And igloos :3
*Hugs*

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: August 01, 2011, 07:18:22 pm »

That's a well known glitch with battery unloading.

Oh. I see. Well just pointing it out  :-X

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: August 01, 2011, 07:19:00 pm »

More bug reports is always good :)
*Hugs*

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:56 pm »

On keeping frozen dinners frozen. Will we see generators that enable us to power fridges up? Can be a fun metagame if they only power nearby tiles. Redston<abrupt cut>

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: August 01, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »

Damnit, I thought that battery unloading thing was fixed.  Never happens on Linux.

And yes, the construction update will be easily modded.  Construction will mostly use trees and 2x4s for now.

Before you guys get too excited, let me just say that Cataclysm, for many many reasons, does not lend itself well to fort-building and complex base construction.  The construction expansion is mainly there so you can build yourself a makeshift shelter in the woods.  I guess you can go nuts and build yourself a complex manor, but there's no great need to, and Cataclysm is really centered on being an exploration / adventure game, not a building / defense game.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: August 01, 2011, 07:26:28 pm »

But if it's below freezing, why waste more energy from your generator powering a fridge/freezer when you can just keep things outside in the snow?

Ah c'mon. This is Bay12. You know there's going to be something epic sooner or later. I think I'd just end up blocking off some buildings to kind of make a central square area.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: August 01, 2011, 07:27:28 pm »

Will overmap tiles change if you start building something there?

Oh, and the unload bug doesn't occur to me too. Using Windows.
So it's a wierd bug.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: August 01, 2011, 07:27:37 pm »

Damnit, I thought that battery unloading thing was fixed.  Never happens on Linux.
You keep saying this, but it was happening to me on Linux as recently as version before last. Do you mean "it was recently fixed on Linux"?

Anyways, before at least the behavior was easily reproducible, but didn't necessarily happen in the course of most people's normal play. And it was a factor of three different things, including something to do with saving/loading, that was causing it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:29:54 pm by GlyphGryph »

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: August 01, 2011, 07:29:50 pm »

You keep saying this, but it was happening to me on Linux as recently as version before last. Do you mean "it was recently fixed on Linux"?

As I brought it up several times and was able to pretty consistently reproduce it, since I spent four hours trying to fix it.

Really?  I guess I just assume everyone but me is on Windows :P

I should rephrase that then, "it never happens to me on Linux, despite trying repeatedly to reproduce it."
If someone could give me steps to reproduce the problem--ideally using the Wish dialogue so I can do so quickly--please do so.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: August 01, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »

And yes, the construction update will be easily modded.  Construction will mostly use trees and 2x4s for now.

Before you guys get too excited, let me just say that Cataclysm, for many many reasons, does not lend itself well to fort-building and complex base construction.  The construction expansion is mainly there so you can build yourself a makeshift shelter in the woods.  I guess you can go nuts and build yourself a complex manor, but there's no great need to, and Cataclysm is really centered on being an exploration / adventure game, not a building / defense game.

Yes, I get too carried away. Still, would be a nice option...if you can pull it off *wink wink* (Read, you can make it hard to do, only "possible"). Nevertheless, it'd be fun if some sandboxy elements made it in. Just to give the extra use to that map format. Even if it's more complicated to do so compared to other games. You know that no matter how difficult, if you can customize the world that little bit, users love it and find every possible way to make it work. I mean I recall people doing that stuff in Nethack and I think Crawl too. Munchkin guerrilla tactics.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 777