Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263363 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4245 on: August 02, 2011, 03:35:37 pm »

Must be something with the tileset version then it keeps telling me "there's nothing to pry there" when I try using it on the doors to the bank.
The vault doors or the front doors?

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 02, 2011, 03:41:59 pm »

Bank vault doors and laboratory front doors are unopenable via crowbar. The latter takes an ID, and I believe the former can only be opened via terrain destruction at the current time. Whales said that he's going to make them openable via computers when he overhauls the computers system.

Don't feel like you're missing out on much when it comes to banks, mostly all that's in there is gold bars, which are quite heavy and only useful for trading. And considering the current state of NPCs, they're currently worthless in every sense of the word.
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 02, 2011, 03:43:34 pm »

Bank vault doors and laboratory front doors are unopenable via crowbar. The latter takes an ID, and I believe the former can only be opened via terrain destruction at the current time. Whales said that he's going to make them openable via computers when he overhauls the computers system.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: August 02, 2011, 03:49:02 pm »

Must be something with the tileset version then it keeps telling me "there's nothing to pry there" when I try using it on the doors to the bank.
Front doors actually. My current character has found all of the computer skill books with the help of dead scientists and I figured some hacking would be nice.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: August 02, 2011, 03:50:34 pm »

Is there an actual wiki that I can plunge into head first instead of beat my head against the game repeatedly?
I found one, that claims that it isn't anymore.  And provides a link. That immediately 404s. So I dunno.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4250 on: August 02, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »

Police station front and back doors seem immune to crowbars. And yes, the computer update was a few days ago.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: August 02, 2011, 03:54:44 pm »

Is there an actual wiki that I can plunge into head first instead of beat my head against the game repeatedly?
I found one, that claims that it isn't anymore.  And provides a link. That immediately 404s. So I dunno.

Wait...you 404d? Your using internet explorer? And there is a wiki, but it's nowhere near complete

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: August 02, 2011, 03:56:01 pm »

Front doors actually. My current character has found all of the computer skill books with the help of dead scientists and I figured some hacking would be nice.
I've found that alarmed doors cannot be  pried open despite of being wooden. It must be an oversight.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: August 02, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

http://whalesdev.com/wiki/index.php - Seems fine to me.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: August 02, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »

Thank you for that.  :)
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: August 02, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »

I've found that alarmed doors cannot be  pried open despite of being wooden. It must be an oversight.
That's a shame thanks for the information. Guess I'll just try to find a lab to hack through or get ready to kill some eyebots.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: August 02, 2011, 04:08:13 pm »

I love my crossbow ;o

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: August 02, 2011, 04:10:12 pm »

That's a shame thanks for the information. Guess I'll just try to find a lab to hack through or get ready to kill some eyebots.
Eyebots are easy. Just don't let them get too close. They also can't open doors, so you could just trap them in a house.

I love my crossbow ;o
I love my nailgun ;u

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: August 02, 2011, 04:13:20 pm »

Do nailguns actually work as real guns? That's so intense. I have got to do that sometime.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4259 on: August 02, 2011, 04:14:34 pm »

Do nailguns actually work as real guns? That's so intense. I have got to do that sometime.
With a puny range and damage though.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 777