Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263376 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4845 on: August 09, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »

Heres a Windows ASCII release based on Whale's new source. I used diffutils to merge the updated files with Headswe's version, I think I got all his changes in. Seems to run fine. I also included my ammo stacking tweak.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9238q0k75c0bpt2

On second thought, I should probably include a bit more info about what I mean by ammo stacking tweak.

I made it so that ammo stacks up to larger piles than they spawn in. I limited the stack size to 20 volume so you don't get stacks too massive. This means you can carry stacks of 2000 batteries, 500 pistol ammo, 250 shotgun ammo. Volume and weight scales up and down based on stack size. As part of the volume change I also corrected an apparent oversight in the volume calc which was making gun mods not add their volume to the gun, so now gun mods will increase the volume of the gun. Might need to tweak their volume to compensate, since a fully modded handgun will be quite bulky now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:17:23 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: August 09, 2011, 01:13:15 pm »

Heres a Windows ASCII release based on Whale's new source. I used diffutils to merge the updated files with Headswe's version, I think I got all his changes in. Seems to run fine. I also included my ammo stacking tweak.

Can you provide a patch against the latest (linux, AKA Whales' clean repo) version of the ammo tweak? I'd like to try that.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: August 09, 2011, 01:16:37 pm »

So wait, is this the construction update or just the minor stuff Whales made for now?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: August 09, 2011, 01:18:29 pm »

Can you provide a patch against the latest (linux, AKA Whales' clean repo) version of the ammo tweak? I'd like to try that.

Sure, gimme a couple minutes.

FunctionZero,

It's just the minor stuff Whales made for now.

-edit- Here ya go. Patch file for just the ammo stacking changes.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0pbrtthz9khc9o2
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:25:45 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4849 on: August 09, 2011, 01:40:39 pm »

On second thought, I should probably include a bit more info about what I mean by ammo stacking tweak.

I made it so that ammo stacks up to larger piles than they spawn in. I limited the stack size to 20 volume so you don't get stacks too massive. This means you can carry stacks of 2000 batteries, 500 pistol ammo, 250 shotgun ammo. Volume and weight scales up and down based on stack size. As part of the volume change I also corrected an apparent oversight in the volume calc which was making gun mods not add their volume to the gun, so now gun mods will increase the volume of the gun. Might need to tweak their volume to compensate, since a fully modded handgun will be quite bulky now.
Wait, what if I got a stack ofammo too big for me to hold(lack of backpack, etc),can I unstack it?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: August 09, 2011, 01:42:47 pm »

Thats a good question, iceball. How do you unstack in a roguelike?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: August 09, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »

Haven't got around to making an unstacking command yet.

Currently the only way to unstack would be to load them into a gun, drop the ammo, unload the gun, drop the small pile from the gun, pick up big pile, repeat.

Shouldnt be too hard to make a way to unstack them though. Maybe a command to drop half of a stack of something.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: August 09, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »

I lasted 11 days. I drank a mutagen which maked me a herbivore, which is basicaly a death sentence after day 3. Anyway i was full at the time but needed a purifier to get rid of it quickly. I raided two banks which were empty so there was no other way to get to the lab. I got lucky and the first purifier got me rid of it i was startving at the time. Bad thing, i got curious and started searching the lab, found a console which i failed to hack and around dozent secubots spawned and killed me.

Sugestion. The butchering skill is painfull to grind up and at lvl 3 you still destroy most of animals you hunt down. Buff it a bit pls or make it easier to level up.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: August 09, 2011, 02:11:17 pm »

Kulik, herbivore just means you need to find Triffids. ;)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: August 09, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »

Or wash it down with a delicious Prozac, tequila, Xanax desert :D

It's really no worse than forgetting to put on the &!#$% raincoat :p

Edit: That being said, I pretty much stopped taking it as a starting disadvantage 'cause it is kind of annoying...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: August 09, 2011, 02:28:46 pm »

Triffids are an amazing food source. They butcher into tons of veggies, and the veggies have an 80 hour spoil timer instead of meat's 24 hour timer. Even cooked veggies have a 50 hour spoil timer. So you could wait 79 hours, cook the veggies, then have them last another 50 hours. Short of turning meat into jerky with salt (which lasts forever), that's the best keeping food you can make from critters.

As far as starting disadvantages, I usually take: Near Sighted, Asthma, and Bad Back. As long as you keep the inhaler and the glasses around the first two don't bother you much, and usually by the time you've gathered enough stuff to worry about bad back limiting you you'll have found a purifier which can remove all three if you're lucky.

Heh, playing with gun mods with the volume calc fix thing that makes it take gun mod volume into account makes modded guns very, very bulky.

Regular Glock 19: 2 volume.
Glock 19 with a Silencer and .45 caliber retool: 6 volume.
Regular TEC-9: 5 volume.
Heavily modded TEC-9 that I was using: 13 volume.

Guess I should cut the volume down on these mods.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

I've been taking Asthma, Hoarder (free points for me 'cause I AM a hoarder. :D) and lately Glass Jaw which hasn't been a problem yet but still kind of worries me.
Hmm, 3 that would get cured by a purifier would be sweeeet, Schizo was changed to not be cured right?  Bummer, seems like there should be at least an implant or something 'cause there were a couple games I had a LOT of trouble finding Thorazine let alone enough for more than a month....

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: August 09, 2011, 02:42:11 pm »

Most are changing to not be cured I think.
Or Whales is revamping the way curifier cures stuff.

I usually take Asthmatic, Short Sighted and Trigger Happy.
All of which are free points really. Inhalers and glasses are easy to find in abundance, and I never use weapons that have auto fire on them :P
*Hugs*

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: August 09, 2011, 02:44:34 pm »

I take Schizo, asthmatic, and near sighted. I take illiterate instead of nearsighted if Im going for a pure melee build.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: August 09, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »

All three I pick (Bad Back, Asthma, and Near Sighted) are all cureable via purifier.

Schizo is a pain, I never take that one. It can't be cured either. Although I guess if you had already it thats one less thing to worry about when using mutagens. Gaining schizo is one of the few bad mutations you can get via mutagen that can't be cured.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 777