Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260276 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #5310 on: August 14, 2011, 08:44:13 pm »

Also, I missed like 20 shots with my AR-15 when I was shooting at a skeleton, those guys are impossible to hit.
Yeah, well, they're not supposed to be hit. Just whack them with a hammer, if you're a non-melee guy, you'll get hurt a bit, but at least you won't waste ammo.

Rifle butts work well too.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5311 on: August 14, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »

Also, I missed like 20 shots with my AR-15 when I was shooting at a skeleton, those guys are impossible to hit.
Yeah, well, they're not supposed to be hit. Just whack them with a hammer, if you're a non-melee guy, you'll get hurt a bit, but at least you won't waste ammo.

Rifle butts work well too.
Rifles are fairly slow weapons to hit with though, the extendable baton however, THAT is fast

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5312 on: August 14, 2011, 09:06:04 pm »

All of the guns suck for melee, I always swap to a better weapon if I can. A crowbar works well in a pinch, I always carry one to open doors anyway. Hammers are even better if you're carrying one of those.

Released a little update for my mod fixing some glitches.
Changelist here:
http://cataclysmff.zxq.net/SMF/index.php?topic=245.0
Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?med22wga7erlz7a

Out of curiosity, anyone here playing my mod? Making it mostly to play myself, but it'd be fun to see how many others are playing it :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: August 14, 2011, 09:10:03 pm »

. . . .I was actually waiting for the next "release" that had your mod merged. Oh, and heads version still doesnt have the Z menu.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5314 on: August 14, 2011, 09:16:41 pm »

Mine has all of Whales' latest stuff in it, it isn't based on Headswe's latest release.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: August 14, 2011, 09:20:24 pm »

You should put a link on the fan forums too.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: August 14, 2011, 09:21:17 pm »

You also have me using your mod.
My estimation, though? Around 10 people's using it.

You should put a link on the fan forums too.
Uhh, you know he did that, right?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:42 pm »

Best run yet it's 2:59 on day 2.  I got a shovel a machete, a handgun I have yet to use, and 4 skill in both melee and cutting weapons.  Plenty of food, 3 hotplates, 5 flashlights, a defensive position(I.E. A boarded up house surrounded by pits 3 deep on all sides) a chainsaw, 3 plastic bottles full of gas, and a kill list a mile long.

Shovels are cheap as hell though, dig a pit in 2 seconds big enough to severely harm anything and slow it long enough to get 6 machete swings in.  If something comes after me while I'm scavenging I just dig a pit in it's general direction wait for it to fall in and then hack at it with my machete or chainsaw til it's dead.

Only things I encountered so far that give me any difficulty at all are shockers boomers and spitters.  And even those just mean I have to think about my positioning a bit before digging a hole and watching them fall in as they chase me around a corner or something.  I hear pits will be nerfed soon, that is good.

Watch now that I said something, some hulk or some other horrible thing I only ever heard about busts through my wall in the middle of the night and punches my face through my brain while offering flavored sugar water.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: August 14, 2011, 09:41:15 pm »

All of the guns suck for melee, I always swap to a better weapon if I can. A crowbar works well in a pinch, I always carry one to open doors anyway. Hammers are even better if you're carrying one of those.

Changelist here:
Download here:

Out of curiosity, anyone here playing my mod? Making it mostly to play myself, but it'd be fun to see how many others are playing it :)

I'm avoiding you're mod since you split character creation. Everything else looks wonderful.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5319 on: August 14, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »

Changelist here:
Download here:

I'm avoiding you're mod since you split character creation. Everything else looks wonderful.
Ditto, for the same reasons.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: August 14, 2011, 09:46:09 pm »

Yeah, I think it's funny you can dig a pit deep enough to almost kill you in less than half a minute.

There seriously needs to be a way to jump/climb through a pit, just walking off the edge and almost getting killed while you're on a stroll is just weird.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: August 14, 2011, 09:48:05 pm »

Any reason why about the character split?

I've been using it for the stacking, Paul.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: August 14, 2011, 09:53:46 pm »

Well, guy #3 died and I'm not really sure how.

I picked up a zombie corpse to move it out of the doorway so I could shut the door and bam - instant gameover screen. I guess it was too heavy and it slowed me down so much a zombie ate me while I was lifting, but that seems a little silly.

it's a shame because I was doing damn good, I had a huge stockpile of food, a whole bunch of ammo, and a bunch of books to read through.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:52 pm »

Any reason why about the character split?

I've been using it for the stacking, Paul.

I like starting with no skills. It makes the first day or two a nice mad scramble before you can get settled down and looking for projects.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58:04 pm »

Ditto, for the same reasons.
Make a character in the previous version, drop items, transfer over to new version, map teleport to town, wish back items?

Or just memory edit the points you wanted to switch.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 777