Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263286 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #6300 on: September 20, 2011, 11:55:58 am »

A question, where does one acquire sheets of glass? Could you cut it out of existing glass walls (like the ones at banks) or dismantle existing windows for it?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:39 pm »

Got annoyed at compile warnings each time I built so mostly untested patch :) (I'll test it by playing....)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: September 20, 2011, 12:17:23 pm »

And Windows port for the patch is available.
Sweet Cacame's mullet that was quick.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: September 20, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »

It's great to see this game getting improved. I didn't have much time to play games. Summer is over, I travelled for 10 hours in a bus and it made my ass more flat than a piece of paper, I had to catch up with friends, school, bla bla bla. But I'm back in the game now. Or more like "back playing the game".

Waiting for a Windows port. I noticed Whales merged Deon's mod. I was going to suggest that earlier. Maybe I did say something like "You guys should work together" some hundred pages earlier.

You guys are going great. Deon and Aposos are kicking ass and Whales is creating the ass that they kick.

10 hours in a bus? Man, that's a LOT of trouble :P. Believe me, I know. My wife spends 30 hours to get to her mom, and it takes an impossible amount of job to un-flatten her ass after that :D.

30 hours? Wow that's tough :P I can't describe how my tailbone painfully hurt when I finally arrived home after 10 hours of travel by bus. I felt groggy all day. I can't even imagine 30 hours :D

So, because of the bugs I couldn't enjoy the game fully but build-your-safehouse thing is pretty fun. Now it's time to play it with the patch for real.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: September 20, 2011, 02:17:09 pm »

Suggestion: a new item, plywood sheet. It could take up about the same volume as a glass sheet, and will reduce construction cost. They can only be found in hardware stores, and crafted with sufficently high carpentry+mechanics skill. They will make each section of wall be able to take only 1 plywood sheet and 3 2x4s. (so that a full section of wall is basically two large plywood boards and planks for reinforcement.)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: September 20, 2011, 02:18:32 pm »

WHOEVER APOSOS IS IS MY HERO HE'S THE BEST WINDOWS PORTER EVER THANK YOU APOSOS AND WHALES FOR MAKING THIS GAME AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Sorry about the cap locks

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: September 20, 2011, 04:03:29 pm »

Construction Cost Modifiers für Testers und Cheaters hath been updated to the Construction Patch. Now the digging and filling of pits is properly calculated too.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: September 20, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »

So I have a 3X3 building set up (That's all internal tiles.) complete with a door, but how do I build the roof? It keeps saying "You cannot build there.".

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: September 20, 2011, 09:24:23 pm »

From whales' forums:

Quote from: Whales
Heh, the code for building floor/roof is a bit messed up right now.  Basically, a tile can be made into floor/roof if it is contained by walls; that is, if magma pouring into the place where you would want to put the floor would eventually be contained from flooding to the edge of the map.

Unfortunately, in my short-sightedness, I made it so that only normal walls and player-constructed walls would "contain" that magma.  Meaning, to build floods you'd first have to trap yourself in a box of walls, build your roof, and then hope that you had a way to get out.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: September 20, 2011, 09:31:09 pm »

So we're doomed to self-built roofless eventual aciddoom?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: September 20, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »

Nope, we can't build roofs at all, since you can't build on the tile you are occupying.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: September 20, 2011, 09:50:38 pm »

So we're doomed to self-built roofless eventual aciddoom?

Not quite--if you trap yourself inside a circle of walls, you can build roof over them.  Just make sure you bring in a wood saw so you can cut a door to escape!

Nope, we can't build roofs at all, since you can't build on the tile you are occupying.

Not quite.

Code: [Select]
####
#12#
####

# are wood walls, 1 and 2 are dirt.  Stand on 1, build roof over 2.  Stand on 2, build roof over 1.  Finally, cut a door frame.

In a 3x3 shack, it's true, you cannot build a roof over the center tile.  But once I let doors block the flood-fill, you can (i.e. next push).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:54:31 pm by Whales »
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: September 20, 2011, 09:55:26 pm »

Woo for explaining.
So we can't make ourself a hat, pretty much.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:24 pm »

So don't build doors until AFTER you make the roof?

Oh well, I used the 0-cost construction mod to make walls to surround the center tiles, built the floor, then deconstructed them (Empty door frames can be built on). So I now have a 3X3 fortress surrounded by pits and traps in the middle of nowhere.

I'm still waiting for wilderness crafting though.

Also, the Print Screen button brings up the debug menu for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:22:15 pm by Blaze »

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: September 20, 2011, 11:20:21 pm »

So don't build doors until AFTER you make the roof?

Oh well, I used the 0-cost construction mod to make walls to surround the center tiles, built the floor, then deconstructed them (Empty door frames can be built on). So I now have a 3X3 fortress surrounded by pits and traps in the middle of nowhere.

I'm still waiting for wilderness crafting though.

Also, the Print Screen button brings up the debug menu for some reason.

Heh, I anticipated the issue of "floating roofs" arising from people building a roof, then deconstructing the walls supporting it.  Sadly preventing this would be a lot of trouble right now; more than it's worth.

By "wilderness crafting," do you mean the ability to craft using trees as material?  I'm adding that soon (log cabins, ho!).  Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean.

Print Screen probably sends some weird sequence of characters to your computer, and Z is probably one of them.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 777