Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260350 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #6960 on: October 15, 2011, 05:57:51 pm »

I aint that much a C coder anymore and running microshite bulldozer i got no clue how to compile it.

You don't need to be much a C coder. Just download the source, edit game.cpp, comment out the dog, and compile it following the instructions on site.

On another topic: zombies are much much more lethal now. They seem to zero on you...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: October 15, 2011, 06:04:02 pm »

I aint that much a C coder anymore and running microshite bulldozer i got no clue how to compile it.
You don't need to be much a C coder. Just download the source, edit game.cpp, comment out the dog, and compile it following the instructions on site.
That, or wait. If I manage to do my configuration reading properly ...

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: October 15, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »

Cooked meat does not seem to stack, I had like 7 peices of individual cooked meat (if it matters they came from wolves).

This was from 0.1f so sorry if it's fixed already.

Also - do fires ever go out? I tried to burn some garbage outside my safehouse, the fire spread to the zombie corpses in the pits surrounding it and eventually I accidentally fell in one (hit the wrong key, derp) and got burned up while I desperately tried to climb out. The fire lasted at least 24 hours, and a rainstorm did not put it out either.

Edit: Android should probably let you pick what you start with (possibly from a limited selection, not the full list) or just start you with the same ones every time. Since you can just suicide and start over if you get bad ones (or just ones you don't like) there's no use in it being random, except to annoy the player (yay water breathing 3 times in a row!)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:24:50 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: October 15, 2011, 11:13:53 pm »

PD: ALL ZOMBIES are much faster than they used to be :O
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

L0master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: October 16, 2011, 01:55:23 am »

Edit: Android should probably let you pick what you start with (possibly from a limited selection, not the full list) or just start you with the same ones every time. Since you can just suicide and start over if you get bad ones (or just ones you don't like) there's no use in it being random, except to annoy the player (yay water breathing 3 times in a row!)
I bet you never play a random character. For many of us randomness in character creation is crucial. I like to think of my character not as of a Chosen One, but as a random survivor, that's why I like the idea that NPC's will be implemented on some stage.
As for now I choose random characters and only check if they start with social skills (useless as of 0.1g) and reassign social skill points to some attribute.

Question: 1) Which part of code should i look into to find information on items? I'm particulary interested in vitamins.
Number of kills: 15
 dog: 1
 your mother: 14

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: October 16, 2011, 04:09:38 am »

Still, startscumming should not be the best start. Obviously a random choice for bionic selection would be nice, but being able to choose is what we've already got if you're willing to startscum enough. All that's being changed is how much time and effort it takes.

Personally I would change it to a 2 point trait where you start with an internal battery and a single bionic along with an improved chance to install future bionics, but I'm just way too much of a fan of long-term bonuses over short-term ones. So whatever, just change it to have a selection of bionics and everything will be good.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: October 16, 2011, 04:16:03 am »

Still, startscumming should not be the best start. Obviously a random choice for bionic selection would be nice, but being able to choose is what we've already got if you're willing to startscum enough. All that's being changed is how much time and effort it takes.

Personally I would change it to a 2 point trait where you start with an internal battery and a single bionic along with an improved chance to install future bionics, but I'm just way too much of a fan of long-term bonuses over short-term ones. So whatever, just change it to have a selection of bionics and everything will be good.
Bionic Aptitude: You were always fascinated by the process of cyborgization. You had a battery installed a while back, and you had just saved up enough to buy a Bionic Module when things started getting rough. In addition, you have an easier time installing implants due to your fascination with them. 4 points.

That gives you a greater choice while still maintaining a bit of randomness. Naturally, I wouldn't add any of the military or combat related CBMs to the list of possible ones.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: October 16, 2011, 04:32:10 am »

Question: 1) Which part of code should i look into to find information on items? I'm particulary interested in vitamins.

"itypedef.cpp" for the standard item attributes and such.
"iuse.cpp" for their behaviour when you use them.

I'm guessing you're looking for "iuse.cpp" though.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: October 16, 2011, 10:20:58 am »

Where can i find Heroin? I want a strong opiate.

Sorry guys i didnt realise that one, of course its for my character ingame as he just got raped by a bear. I think i pushed it too hard with believing i could fight it with a god damn stick.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:41:21 am by DrPoo »
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: October 16, 2011, 11:22:28 am »

And with a single phrase, the entire forum suddenly becomes of interest to the FBI  :P

☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6970 on: October 16, 2011, 11:30:09 am »

And with a single phrase, the entire forum suddenly becomes of interest to the FBI  :P
I know right? I was about to reply to him but I was like "Well, maybe I'll just wait and see what happens here."

L0master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: October 16, 2011, 11:58:17 am »

You made my day.
I only found heroin once during my 5 days of playing the game. So i guess it's pretty rare. Which makes sence since I believe it is not quite popular in USA (which is the setting of the game I guess)

Thanks for the reply FunctionZero. I tried to look for it in inventor.cpp and inventory.h and some others in vain.
Number of kills: 15
 dog: 1
 your mother: 14

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6972 on: October 16, 2011, 12:14:16 pm »

Sorry guys i didnt realise that one, of course its for my character ingame as he just got raped by a bear. I think i pushed it too hard with believing i could fight it with a god damn stick.
I don't think this is helping convince the FBI that this thread is harmless.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: October 16, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »

I don't think this is helping convince the FBI that this thread is harmless.

Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: October 16, 2011, 01:18:48 pm »

Suddenly, party van.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 777