Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263256 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #8775 on: January 19, 2012, 02:53:09 pm »

Random little bug:  while cooking multiple lots of tea i found that if I didnt look at my inventory between batches the game would tell me I had nowhere to store said tea and refuse to cook it
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: January 19, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »

Got my first segfault on the Linux emulator. Was trying the new update, cheated my way into a lab; When I tried hacking a console with no computer skill, a security heavy-machine-gun style killbot showed up, so I blasted it with my directional-EMP magic hands (Android FTW), taking it to half health and turning it friendly. Tried again, about a dozen manhacks dropped from the ceiling and started wailing on the secubot- it exploded, I was caught in the blast with 21 torso hp, and the game locked up.

(Also I have terrible luck with mutations: even with robust genetics, out of three mutagens i tried, the first did nothing, the second gave me poor hearing, and the third gave me disintegration.)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: January 19, 2012, 11:43:10 pm »

Got my first segfault on the Linux emulator. Was trying the new update, cheated my way into a lab; When I tried hacking a console with no computer skill, a security heavy-machine-gun style killbot showed up, so I blasted it with my directional-EMP magic hands (Android FTW), taking it to half health and turning it friendly. Tried again, about a dozen manhacks dropped from the ceiling and started wailing on the secubot- it exploded, I was caught in the blast with 21 torso hp, and the game locked up.

(Also I have terrible luck with mutations: even with robust genetics, out of three mutagens i tried, the first did nothing, the second gave me poor hearing, and the third gave me disintegration.)

Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to know what caused this segfault without a backtrace, which is why I ask that anyone playing the Linux version run it inside gdb if they can.  Though if you're not technically inclined, just skip it ;)
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #8778 on: January 19, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »

That's not terrible luck, you tried three mutagens, giving you a total of nine mutations, of these, three were bad. that's a 33% failure rate, which is actually really good.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: January 20, 2012, 03:59:10 am »

I find it rather sad that noone bothers joining the OFFICIAL forums, I have just posted a mod that adds more mutations and would like people to test it, you can also find many more mods on the forums, as well as updates and other fun stuffs!
anyhow join the forums!

http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php

Shadowscales
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: January 20, 2012, 04:32:59 am »

That's not terrible luck, you tried three mutagens, giving you a total of nine mutations, of these, three were bad. that's a 33% failure rate, which is actually really good.

Robust should average 25% bad so it's not all that good :)

I find it rather sad that noone bothers joining the OFFICIAL forums, I have just posted a mod that adds more mutations and would like people to test it, you can also find many more mods on the forums, as well as updates and other fun stuffs!
anyhow join the forums!

People should be allowed to chat were they like. Although certainly if I ever get around to releasing my modifications I'd post them on the official forums not here.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8781 on: January 20, 2012, 10:43:00 am »

anyhow join the forums!

http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php

Shadowscales
I really don't need to join yet another forum just to talk about a game. If you want us to be aware of something you post there, link it here as well.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: January 20, 2012, 04:19:00 pm »

I played a few games of this last night, it was really fun, but is it always so unstable? I got crashes when trying to use the bionic my char came with both times, and crashed while running from zombies and black widows (?) in the woods. My death screen informed me that I killed something like 39 zombies and 40 black widows, which was a surprise to say the least. I downloaded right off the OP, so maybe there is a more stable variant out there.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: January 20, 2012, 04:49:37 pm »

The instability is, in most cases, a windows thing. Are you using a proper linux emulator to run it, or trying to run it with windows?

Do recall this is a linux-game, and was never intended for Windows. The fact that it works at all is impressive.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: January 20, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »

The instability is, in most cases, a windows thing. Are you using a proper linux emulator to run it, or trying to run it with windows?

Do recall this is a linux-game, and was never intended for Windows. The fact that it works at all is impressive.

Ahh that explains it, i am running it on windows, and it is impressive that it runs at all. good game regardless. i ended up downloading rogue survivor, which if less complicated satisfied by desire for brains (that is keeping them, as long as possible before succumbing to the inevitable.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:22 pm »

Virtual box is free, and lets you run an emulated linux system quickly and easily - and it runs the game just fine. If you want to try it without the bugs, y'know.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: January 21, 2012, 12:58:48 am »

I managed to get virtual box up and running and im not exactly a computer wiz, there is nothing too complicated about it and ive been playing the latest build for sessions a few hours long without any crashing
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: January 21, 2012, 01:48:09 am »

So, where does one actually get the Linux version then?  Every link seems to point to either the discussion forums (which does not have a clearly labeled "here's the download" section), or the roguebasin wiki which only links to the Windows binaries, and the Github page has "no" downloads.

Wait, okay, the Github page says there are "no downloads for this repository" even though there are.  Huh.

And this is all source code.  There's a pre-compiled version, right?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:52:04 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: January 21, 2012, 02:02:11 am »

I think the general "linux" approach is not to bother precompiling - most any linux distro you set up in virtual box will have the make tools you need to compile, so you should be able to download the source and simply type "make" in the folder to get your compiled version.

It's been a while since I downloaded Cataclysm last, but I even think it comes with a README that walks you through the steps.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8789 on: January 21, 2012, 02:12:40 am »

So, where does one actually get the Linux version then?  Every link seems to point to either the discussion forums (which does not have a clearly labeled "here's the download" section), or the roguebasin wiki which only links to the Windows binaries, and the Github page has "no" downloads.

Wait, okay, the Github page says there are "no downloads for this repository" even though there are.  Huh.

And this is all source code.  There's a pre-compiled version, right?
Follow the instructions in this thread It's basically a minimalist Linux environment, set up to more or less automatically do everything you need.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 777