Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263127 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10665 on: July 19, 2012, 06:44:11 am »

is it possible to have a few cars stored around the map

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: July 19, 2012, 07:51:00 am »

is it possible to have a few cars stored around the map

Vehicles are saved with the map so they will remain wherever you leave them. They aren't even effected by acid rain (unlike other items)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: July 19, 2012, 07:55:36 am »

Are you affected by acid rain when in them?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10668 on: July 19, 2012, 07:59:15 am »

Not if you have a roof and some windshields in front of you. If it's open, like the quad or the motorbike, then you will be affected.

However, I've noticed that driving over the puddles of acid rain will still burn your feet. Probably an oversight.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: July 19, 2012, 08:06:25 am »

Can you take a car and turn it into a motor cycle?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10670 on: July 19, 2012, 08:07:40 am »

With a power welder, hack saw, and a wrench, yes, you can do pretty much anything as long as you have enough supplies.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:56 am »

With a power welder, hack saw, and a wrench, yes, you can do pretty much anything as long as you have enough supplies.

And skill. I don't know how many times I've died because my mechanics was too low to put a wheel back on my bike.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: July 19, 2012, 09:25:15 am »

And skill. I don't know how many times I've died because my mechanics was too low to put a wheel back on my bike.
"Hey, look at that poor guy!"

"Yep, got his tire lodged in his throat while he was trying to bolt it back on. Happens quite a bit."

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10673 on: July 19, 2012, 10:11:04 am »

Yeah, I always take a point or two in Eating so I don't gouge out my eyes with spoons early on in the game. Sometimes you can get away with it, but that RNG...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: July 19, 2012, 10:30:39 am »

The scales and tail do match my avatar i guess...
I thought the avatar was a squirrel wearing a backpack...

Since you guys pointed it out, I've been driving nonstop. It's typically the death of me: the last time, I'd rammed my car into a electronics store, destroying two of the wheels. It had too many good supplies in the boot to waste, so I set about looking for some replacement wheels. I could kill all the enemies that tried to stop me with my silenced pistol- except the skeletons! Stupid skeletons.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: July 19, 2012, 10:56:50 am »

I figure ive missed something obvious, but I just tried to update with the virtualbox emulator and got the error : unable to look up github.com (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name resolution)

Any advice on what I may have done wrong, (the windows current windows versions still seems rather crashtastic for me)
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: July 19, 2012, 11:19:11 am »

Finally broke into a lab.  And since I had robust genetics I chugged some mutagen.  Ended up with scales, a long tail, heat dependent, and high metabolism.
I'd chug purifier just because of High Metabolism.  The game already treats every moment as if you're running a marathon - even when you're asleep.  Having hunger run higher would just be ridiculous!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: July 19, 2012, 11:32:58 am »

The high metabolism actually hasn't caused me much trouble yet.  2 Days since I got it, my food stocks are still pretty big right now it's mostly rotten, but seems my cooking is high enough for the chunks of meat (rotten) to be fine once cooked, and I must have over a hundred batteries stashed away, even if I wasn't just throwing a couple 2x4s in a pit for a cooking fire. 

That and there is a trifflid grove nearby so theirs plenty of easily obtained food nearby.  My only worry is that I seem to be getting more and more trifflids near my cave.  Do their areas of influence spread?  If so I might need to make a trip to the liquor store and get a little pyromaniacal in the grove.  Would hate to wake up with a tree growing from my chest.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: July 19, 2012, 11:35:29 am »

I personally burn meat once it becomes rotten. Feels a bit too cheesey to cook it pure again.
*Hugs*

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10679 on: July 19, 2012, 11:36:51 am »

Kill the triffids. They will overrun you.

Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 777