Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263419 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #11265 on: August 28, 2012, 09:52:06 pm »

Hrm. How would I delete the world it uses? I Noticed that I keep spawning in the same location, amoung other things.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: August 28, 2012, 10:30:22 pm »

Delete the whole save folder. There is only one world and it is persistent between characters.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

bye135

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Im givin' it all shes got Capt'n!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: August 29, 2012, 08:00:10 am »

I have a problem and don't feel like looking through 761 pages for the answer I know is out there, I go to http://eronarn.info/misc/multirobin_key copy the things there, delete the --RSA Code things on either end, and save it, but when I try to import it with puttygen it says "Couldn't load private key (not a private key)"

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11268 on: August 29, 2012, 08:37:19 am »

It's not. Eronarn hosts an SSH server for the game.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11269 on: August 29, 2012, 08:45:11 am »

And yet you still quoted it, preserving it for all eternity :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

bye135

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Im givin' it all shes got Capt'n!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: August 29, 2012, 09:00:25 am »

Spambot says: Wonderful, but no solutions?

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: August 29, 2012, 09:37:04 am »

Why are you stripping anything off?  Just save that link as a file and import it as-is.  I just tried it with puttygen and it worked just fine.

Once you import it to puttygen save it, and it'll be in a format putty can use.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: August 29, 2012, 04:30:54 pm »

Odd. I appear to have hit an item cap. I have sufficent weight and volume, but cannot carry more of anything.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: August 29, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

Odd. I appear to have hit an item cap. I have sufficent weight and volume, but cannot carry more of anything.

a-z and A-Z
That's the limit. 52 different kinds of things, regardless of what you think you can carry.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: August 30, 2012, 06:55:30 am »

a-z and A-Z
That's the limit. 52 different kinds of things, regardless of what you think you can carry.

I hate that. What about Alt+a-z and Alt+A-Z? Thats another 52 items right there.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: August 30, 2012, 10:46:49 am »

a-z and A-Z

I hate that. What about Alt+a-z and Alt+A-Z? Thats another 52 items right there.

It's not considered necessary. There's already been a conversation on this at the official forums.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: August 30, 2012, 11:11:17 am »

I'm kinda impressed you managed to hit the item limit at all, I rarely get anywhere close to that before I run out of volume or weight.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55:31 am »

It's fairly common to do so when you're using double backpacks to haul large quantities of supplies. Even more so if you play with Packmule.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: August 30, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »

It's fairly common to do so when you're using double backpacks to haul large quantities of supplies. Even more so if you play with Packmule.

It happens to me quite commonly with only one backpack and packmule.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: August 30, 2012, 02:12:57 pm »

It happens to me in every single game, but generally much quicker with packmule. It's a lot annoying. Especially because pill bottles and such split into different items once you use one of them, further exacerbating the issue if you use comestibles all the time like I do.

Actually, the thing that kills me most in this game is inventory management and encumbrance. And this is coming from someone who loved Incursion's system. Make it so containers actually hold items to help alleviate the max item limit, which would probably be an absolute total re-work of inventory and a giant pain in the ass at this point; or simply remove the silly item # limit and attribute letter assignments to items only while they're being shown on the screen.

I don't use hotkeys for items anyways, unless it's assigning 'a' to a crowbar, mostly because the keys always seem to change all the damn time for no reason, making me search through my inventory to find the item I had thought I memorized the key of. Keep the highlighting of selected items and just get rid of the assigning-letters-on-pickup bit. Make the items in the inventory itself of less import and only worry about weight/volume limits.

But yeah, basically the item limit is hugely immersion breaking and rather unacceptable in the game where packmuling and being a nomad is one of the most viable playstyles. I dunno, I just don't want to be forced to have a car or a dump building simply so I can continue to pick up pill bottles and nyquil.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 777