Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260362 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #11595 on: December 20, 2012, 02:08:54 am »

Darkling wolfs mod is pretty much the unofficial cataclysm place to be these days, hes added piles of new stuff.  Also keeps updating on a regular basis (as in weekly or sometimes more often)

http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=1389.0

Have a linky
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: December 20, 2012, 08:01:35 am »

I'd like someone to actually further the "official" version. I don't like mods much.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: December 20, 2012, 08:23:08 am »

Additionally the Darkling mod has included several fixes posted by people in the Cataclysm board for bugs that affect badly the last Cataclysm release.
So this mod is pretty much a must if you want to play Cataclysm with less bugs and with more content.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: December 20, 2012, 09:08:06 am »

Hey, sorry for asking the same question again but has the issue with saves got fixed? Is it fixable at least? I want to play again but I'd hate to have my world disappear whenever I exit without saving.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: December 20, 2012, 11:55:51 am »

I'd like someone to actually further the "official" version. I don't like mods much.
Fun Fact: When Whales was developing the game and a mod got popular enough/he liked it, it would the become part of the main version.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: December 20, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »

The official version doesn't get updated any more. There is however another 'mod' which basically just fixes stuff iirc. I don't know the name as I never played it, but perhaps someone else here does.

Pikdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: December 20, 2012, 06:27:47 pm »

Its good to know that the community it gonna pick up in the absence of whales, I'm so looking forward to even more content.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: December 24, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

Is there anyone who uses Cygwin and Darkling Wolf's mod that can write up a dummy proof installation guide for getting it to work. I've spent two hours going over the Cygwin tutorial linked in the Darkling Wolf Mod thread, but it doesn't really explain all that well how to set up a non-vanilla Cataclysm game. It talks about installing .diff's but the Darkling mod is downloaded as a repo? Do I need to install the vanilla Cataclysm mod first and THEN somehow install the Darkling mod on top of it or do I just install the Darkling mod?

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: December 25, 2012, 02:02:05 am »

The Darkling repo is a stand-alone package. You don't need vanilla or diffs to install it.

Unpack the archive somewhere, and then open the makefile.windows file in Notepad. Change the "CXX" line to read: CXX = g++

Now open up the cygwin terminal and navigate (using "cd\blahblah" terminal commands, Google if you don't know how to do this) to the folder where these files are. Then type: make -f makefile.windows

Once it's finished compiling, you should be all set. You can delete the .h and .cpp files from the folder after that if you wish, but I just keep them around usually- you can mod them yourself and just recompile the program whenever you need to.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11604 on: December 25, 2012, 05:13:51 am »

Install Cygwin, then type git clone git://github.com/TheDarklingWolf/CataclysmMod.git, then wait for it to finish downloading and type cd CataclysmMod, then type make, once it finishes compiling type ./cataclysm to run.

I've already modified everything to work fine with Cygwin, so you don't have to do any of the diff stuff or change any files.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: December 25, 2012, 07:31:32 am »

Install Cygwin, then type git clone git://github.com/TheDarklingWolf/CataclysmMod.git, then wait for it to finish downloading and type cd CataclysmMod, then type make, once it finishes compiling type ./cataclysm to run.

I've already modified everything to work fine with Cygwin, so you don't have to do any of the diff stuff or change any files.

Thats awesome, not having to run a VM to make shit work.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: December 25, 2012, 07:32:57 am »

For some reason my cygwin dosent have git.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11607 on: December 25, 2012, 07:45:00 am »

You'll need to select git when installing it, you can run the installer again and it'll just add extra stuff in, it won't need to reinstall everything.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: December 25, 2012, 10:04:22 am »

Thanks for the help Darkling Wolf. Got it working perfectly.

EDIT: Wow, some cool stuff with this version compared to the Windows version. Cars smoothly gliding forward instead of the jerky jumping forward they do in the windows version. Projectile animations.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:28:57 am by Vorbicon »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: December 25, 2012, 12:31:10 pm »

Thanks for the help Darkling Wolf. Got it working perfectly.

EDIT: Wow, some cool stuff with this version compared to the Windows version. Cars smoothly gliding forward instead of the jerky jumping forward they do in the windows version. Projectile animations.

Wootis fucking pootis

Also thanks you Darkling Wölf
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:20:58 pm by DrPoo »
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 777