Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1452303 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now if you can use them in multiplayer, with bases and mining on other worlds, so you can have interplanetary wars... Then I'll be interested.
You can. Including having automated turrets that target the enemy team.

What mods do you need to put together to do this? Searching the Intertron has not been illuminating, so far.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

You need Dark Multiplayer, and BahamutD's Armory, at the minimum.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

There are other multiplayer mods and other weapons mods available, but BD is one of the best of its class and so is DM.

Also, I dont think Lazor or skillful are updated, so BD may be the only real contender now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Wait, I can hover with throttle controlled avionics? I need to reinstall that one.... Or does mechjeb do that too?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

You can hover without any mods at all... If you build the thing right.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Wait, I can hover with throttle controlled avionics? I need to reinstall that one.... Or does mechjeb do that too?

You can set a vertical speed for it to try, as well as tell it to attempt to kill the vertical speed. The latter tends to rock back and forth a lot.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

TCA allow for separate control between thrust and hover engines, and isn't tied to controlling capsule orientation

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I had issues with docking the last time I played KSP, which was the version before .90, and I'm wondering if there's a better way to assemble ships in orbit. Docking seemed completely unsuitable (as well as bugged).

[spoiler="If you're wondering, and don't remember from when I posted about it before"]
I was attempting to build a ship in orbit by launching multiple rockets and connecting them with docking ports.

1. Nacelles which I attempted to dock to the main body were not facing the same angle as the main body - they could be angled up or down, which seemed to be a problem. There didn't seem to be any easy way to make them perfectly aligned.
2. The rear module with the landing cage and rover simply wouldn't dock to the rear of the main body at all. The docking port on that was on the front of the rear module, and the one on the main body was on the rear end of it. Nothing was blocking it, and they were all facing the correct way, yet they just phased through each other and there was no magnetism. (So I attempted to send the ship without the rear module to see how well it would work, and discovered...)
3. Accelerating more than a little after docking made the combined ship explode. The docking ports, apparently, are not so solid. IIRC, even a tiny amount of thrust caused the nacelles to wobble furiously.
[/quote]
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

You could use multiple docking ports together for more stability and alignment.

I think there is also a mod that allows you to build struts between docked craft while they are in action.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Considering how we don't have a server, why don't we just use a barely used one from the Dark Multiplayer Server List?  (Accessible via icon in the top left, then server list.)  Heck, with this we even potentially start with existing space debris.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Release date is set for one week from today.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

That's great and all but I just got Interstellar, TAC Life Support, multiple star systems, procedural parts, and a number of associated mods to almost work together without running out of ram and crashing.

So I'm going to need a couple months to build up my career enough to fly to the next system once or twice, thanks.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I think that once 1.0 hits, the only mods left in my install will be the Near Future Technologies set (I'm counting Space Station Parts Expansion as part of that), and maybe Procedural Fairings, if only because of the customization options they provide via the fairing bases and different kinds of fairing. Everything else just seems kind of covered already. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I'm gonna go 'realism lite' for 1.0:

- snacks instead of tac
- antenna range instead of remote tech

oh, I got a server running, dmp vanilla, at

so I can learn more about managing those servers.

you can play to your heart content, but please: don't rob fuels from an object unless it's named 'refueling station or smthng'

it will live for a week as it is, then will be killed and restarted with mods on 1.0 (eventually)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:26:35 am by LoSboccacc »
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 848