Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1446668 times)

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right click on the troublesome mainsail and "lock gimbal". Provided you got some other way to steer (RCS/Winglets) that might reduce some wobble woes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I've got 4 mainsails and orange tanks attached to a center mainsail with decouplers, I fire up the outer ones first, decouple them and fire up the inner ones. I solved the middle one being smashed to pieces with some seperatrons. It caused a lot of trouble because most of the struts that kept the thing from snapping like a twig were on the outer ones. I fixed that too, tough. I now have a Kethane scanning sattelite in polar orbit, woo. (not that I'll be using Kethane anytime soon, but woo anyway)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I think orange tanks are still bugged - they overheat way too much. If you can replace them with two half-sized grey ones you'll be able to boost the ascent a ton more!

Also, congratulations :D

I actually found it easier to set up Kethane mining operations on the moon because of the lower gravity, so perhaps that's something to aim for. I simply could not get a mining thing going on Kerbin...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, they I found out they still overheat. I added the smallest rockomax tanks under the orange tanks and connected them with struts. That may be the thing causing the wobble, actually, but there's too much struts to go back now.

E: Using another rocket with asparagus design now. Asparagus rockets are incredibly efficient :O
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:08:33 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

How big of a decoupler? Also, are you using sepatrons to disconnect?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

I think orange tanks are still bugged - they overheat way too much.

The trick with the orange cans is that they are so large, and their center origin so far from the attachment node, the engine underneath can't detect what it is attached to. Two big grey tanks work, but I usually stick the small grey tank above the engine. Either should deal with the overheating issue.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

What also works, rather amusingly, is a tiny octagonal strut connector. They're strong enough to support an entire engine, and are also tiny.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How big of a decoupler? Also, are you using sepatrons to disconnect?
Rockomax size over all the rocket except the payload, which is my standard unmanned probe thingie.
And yeah, it blows up without seperatrons.
I'm using a big orange tank with a half-sized one underneath on the bottom. I currently have one in orbit that I may try to send to Mun orbit.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

So I have found an extremely promising plugin

What does it do?

It automagically adjusts the thrust output of all of your main engines to keep the center of thrust pointing through your center of gravity. This effectively makes assymetric designs possible, as well as making VTOL so much easier.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohhh shiney cant wait for them to support engine gimbals.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So... Scott Manley made it to minmus and back with a 2 ton vehicle.

I am awed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbgjlZeujws

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Today's XKCD is about KSP. Well, sort of.
http://xkcd.com/1244/ Link so that the future can know what I'm talking about.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So I have found an extremely promising plugin

What does it do?

It automagically adjusts the thrust output of all of your main engines to keep the center of thrust pointing through your center of gravity. This effectively makes assymetric designs possible, as well as making VTOL so much easier.
Trying this out now. It looks very very nice!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

DAMMIT.
My first moho rover has nearly no fuel left and 4km/s of delta-v to do in order to achieve orbit.

I'm f*cked. Guess I have to redesign the thing, with more fuel.

And it took me so much time to put this thing there.... argh!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Progress! Not the best orbit for Kethane scanning, but good enough for me.

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 848