Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448112 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2070 on: September 21, 2012, 12:41:46 pm »

Squad really needs to upgrade their servers to cope with the demand they get. It's nearly impossible to get a DL within a week of release.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2071 on: September 21, 2012, 12:46:34 pm »

Got into space, thinking I was making good progress towards the moon I activated the time speeding uping thingy only to start falling back towards Kerbal. My little guy landed safely and I EVA'd making him stand there looking longingly at the moon.

I decided to take a screenshot and play around a bit with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Press M to see the Map screen, with your projected orbit displayed.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:41 pm »

Hey guys, tip from the IRC (irc.esper.net #kspofficial) Go to your settings.cfg and change CONIC_PATCH_LIMIT to 3 or more to get an easier indication when you're going to enter a SoI.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: September 21, 2012, 02:08:58 pm »

@PTTG going to the moon is a bit more complicated than pointing your rocket at it.

I'd surgest first going into orbit, from there you then point at the moon right when it comes over the horizon, and burn until intercept.
Thats the good old tip for reaching the mun without a calculator.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 21, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »

I almost made it, managed to overshoot the mun though and now my poor kerbanaut is stuck in a weird orbit around the sun causing him to almost crash into eve every so often.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 21, 2012, 02:24:38 pm »

I finally D/L'ed the new version, and have managed to fail to even get in to orbit. I'm probably being too ambitious... Also, what is the use of the new nuclear rocket wotsits? Just another medium powered engine?
I guess I'll go to FTL and come back wehn I've got more idea. ;D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29:01 pm »

I can't get it to download... RAAAAEG i have a server so If I could download it id happily host a copy of ksp there if I get authorization from squad
Set phasers to tsun.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 21, 2012, 02:54:06 pm »

@Spaghetti: The nuclear engines are really good on fuel but not very powerful(especially in atmosphere) so they're best used to get from an orbit on one planet to another planet.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 21, 2012, 02:54:30 pm »

I can't get it to download... RAAAAEG i have a server so If I could download it id happily host a copy of ksp there if I get authorization from squad

You won't, I can tell you that right now.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 21, 2012, 05:19:49 pm »

They want us to bear with them?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2081 on: September 21, 2012, 05:30:38 pm »

...yes? why?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 21, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »

Well you can try to wolf or fox with them, but I'm guessing bearing would be a lot easier.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 21, 2012, 06:55:13 pm »

That's because rockets work better the faster they're going. Get up to speed using solid boosters, then use liquid engine in parallel feeding fuel into the next rocket in line and detaching empty ones as you go. Takes a little messing around with staging but is the most efficient way to do things because then you end up with a smaller rocket full of fuel in orbit versus a larger rocket partially empty in orbit.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 21, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »

The liquid fuel rockets work more efficiently the closer to a vacuum their environment is.

I seem to have a lot of success using vertical jet engines (many of them) to carry my rocket up as high as they will go, then using rockets.

Also, once you run out of fuel, you can just look at the apoapsis of your trajectory to see the maximum height your craft will reach. Saves some testing time.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 848