Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448070 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2205 on: September 26, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »

Kerbal space program is 4X.
Exploring, Exploding, Exploding and Exploding.
:P
FTFY :)

Also, oops:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It seems that in order to fly on Duna, my lander would need bigger wings.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2206 on: September 26, 2012, 12:16:47 pm »

My interplanetary transfer unit should be quite useful if the docking system works as advertised. I haven't done anything with the docking plugin yet, does anyone else have any experience?

My plan is to have an IPT unit in orbit which I rendezvous with. I dock to the IPT and its NERVA engins carry the payload to the other planet/moon then 'release' the payload into orbit and return to Kerbal.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: September 26, 2012, 01:07:23 pm »

I've tried to rendezvous 2 craft just to see if I could, but it seems almost impossible.

Does anybody have a method or mod for rendezvous?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2208 on: September 26, 2012, 01:17:32 pm »

I've tried to rendezvous 2 craft just to see if I could, but it seems almost impossible.

Does anybody have a method or mod for rendezvous?
Mechjeb can time a launch to rendezvous with an orbiting craft. I haven't tested it out though, and the documentation suggests it only works in a certain orbit. I'm eagerly awaiting some improvements to mechjeb for things like changing orbital inclination and automatic transfer orbit burns, craft rendezvous, etc. I love the game and love playing spaceships but I can't do this stuff manually. I can get to orbit and so a munar transfer, but that is about the extent of my manual skills.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: September 26, 2012, 01:35:36 pm »

Remember to add a kethane pump or two if you want to actually move kethane around with it.  :)
That's what the square thing sticking out from the top is. If you add more than one, it gives 'invalid part configuration' or something.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2210 on: September 26, 2012, 01:39:28 pm »

I like naming some ships almost as flying them. Consider, for instance, this vessel:

The main lifing portion is an array of six Heavy Areonautic Rocket Devices. These lift a central atomic rocket planetary transfer system, a "Utility Craft: Kerbal System", designed to provide transfer orbits to the inner kerbal system. Finally, the payload, a one-meter deorbiter and lander, the Eve Arrival Spacecraft.

My space program devision lists names by combining the acronyms, starting with the lowest-numbered stage.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: September 26, 2012, 04:05:15 pm »

Have anybody found kethane outside of Kerbin and it's satellites?

It would be really useful to have refuelling station stations on the other planets.

Working on a spaceplane capable of going another planet without dropping anything. not much luck yet.
should i give up, and make it staged?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2212 on: September 26, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »

It would be really useful to have refuelling station stations on the other planets.

Working on a spaceplane capable of going another planet without dropping anything. not much luck yet.
The kethane plugin was released for .16, before the other planets existed. They may not have any kethane due to this

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 26, 2012, 05:38:16 pm »

The kethane plugin was released for .16, before the other planets existed. They may not have any kethane due to this
Seeing as kethane is generated randomly, I don't see why it wouldn't generate on new planets either.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 26, 2012, 05:43:54 pm »

Spoiler: mostly harmless (click to show/hide)

I cheated a bit to get there (nova punch and stuff) but seems totally harmless.

a variant of the space cthulhu destroyed the lander before I got a chance to test the surface.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 27, 2012, 01:16:46 am »

well, my lander is just fine, but the rocket i put together for it to get to orbit keeps exploding. Needs a redesign.
Magma is overrated.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2216 on: September 27, 2012, 05:00:04 am »

Loving the cowling and rocket systems from the core pack.

Does anyone know of a good deploy-able solar panel which works with the electricity plugin?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: September 27, 2012, 06:41:08 am »

What are the most popular mods/add ons right now? I'm intrigued.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2218 on: September 27, 2012, 06:49:27 am »

Did some experimenting last night with first stage powered by rotary/jet engines. Marginally successful... my heavy lift rotary module was able to raise a payload to 10km with a relatively small amount of fuel and then detached to allow the second stage rocket to continue on. I'm not sure how useful that is though.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 27, 2012, 07:28:29 am »

Did some experimenting last night with first stage powered by rotary/jet engines. Marginally successful... my heavy lift rotary module was able to raise a payload to 10km with a relatively small amount of fuel and then detached to allow the second stage rocket to continue on. I'm not sure how useful that is though.

From my experience, if you need that little bit of boost for your rocket to get more fuel in space, jets are a quick solution.
The only real issue I have had is when using launch stabilizers, and the jets take off too slowly, so the rocket sort of drifts into them, exploding.

Also, that yellow bit poking out of the launch pad tower-thing is really annoying for wide rockets. Some of my rockets just implode the second physics is enabled because of it.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 848