Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448827 times)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2595 on: November 29, 2012, 04:02:15 pm »

It'd be really, really, really nice if they'd release the dam update already :P
But I guess we'll get it on Monday.
Magma is overrated.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2596 on: November 29, 2012, 05:45:27 pm »

Where does it say we get it on monday? Did I miss something?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2597 on: November 29, 2012, 05:50:17 pm »

Where does it say we get it on monday? Did I miss something?
Did you see the word guess?

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 29, 2012, 06:06:20 pm »

Sorry, tone of voice is hard to get right over the internet.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: November 29, 2012, 08:25:27 pm »

I'm hoping they'll announce a release date tomorrow during the thing.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 29, 2012, 08:52:29 pm »

I'd say that the odds are that it'll be released on Monday is about 1 in 7.

(I, of course, am not saying which Monday.  And I'm sure you can make an even better estimate if you analyse previous release dates to see if the devteam have ever apparently worked to a conclusion on (or for) a weekend, whether they favour start-of-week releases compared with end-of-week ones, or if mid-week releases seem to be their usual habit.  Or else avoided.)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 30, 2012, 01:31:05 am »

They do favor start of the week releases :P
Thank god,
which is why my guess Is for this Monday.

Anyone who's played Wurm Online will know how bad of an idea Friday updates are.
Magma is overrated.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 30, 2012, 01:37:17 am »

I think the devs will show us some more footage of version 0.18 on Kerbalkon and then keep on polishing it until Christmas. Then they will release it on the 23th or the 24th of December.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 30, 2012, 03:49:46 am »

Let's prepare for the update with a Bay12 KSP challenge!

My first major mission will be a return trip to Laithe, since it should be possible now.
I intend to dock a landing stage to an interplanetary stage in Kerth orbit, then piggyback on the inter stage, leave it in orbit around Laithe, land, explore, relaunch, redock with the inter stage and fly home.

To achieve this end, there is multiple problems to solve first:

The Challenge:

Step 1: Make the lightest possible 3m pod craft capable of going into orbit, with enough fuel to leave a little wiggle room.
It also has to land back on Kerth. Make sure there is a practical place to put a docking clamp.

Step 2: Make a lifting rocket that can bring the entire craft from step 1, into orbit.

Step 3: Do the Relaunch! Go to orbit, land, and go to orbit again(I know this can be done)

Bonus stage: Make the interplanetary stage just to show.

Rules:
1: Don't talk about Bay12
2: Stop referencing Fight Club!
3: Only stock parts!
4: Avoid aerospikes since they will be nerfed in the next version.
5: Pictures or it didn't happen
6: Post updates as you solve each part of the challenge, you don't have to wait, till you have done all steps.

Ready, Set, GO!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 30, 2012, 04:51:53 am »

I'll go for a proper LOR mission

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 30, 2012, 05:52:33 am »

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a SSTO rocket and refuel it in orbit?

Anyway, working on it -- currently gets up to about 30,000 meters before having to dip into the second orbit stages. But that can be fixed with MOAR ROCKETS.

A little apprehensive about the Kerbin landing though, not sure how many parachutes it will take to slow down that much fuel...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: November 30, 2012, 08:54:49 am »

KerbalKon starting in about 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/KerbalSP

EDIT: Yay, turning fans into social networking marketing schills... Screw you Damian.

EDITEDIT: Couldn't watch them... community managers are douches. C7 gets on in 40 minutes... so maybe it'll get better then.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:19:54 am by sluissa »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 30, 2012, 09:48:17 am »

Couldn't watch them... community managers are douches. C7 gets on in 40 minutes... so maybe it'll get better then.

We know that, but what did they do this time around?

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:41 am »

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a SSTO rocket and refuel it in orbit?

Kinda.

My SSTO isn't even able to land on kerbin with a full load of fuel. Dropping it into the atmosphere in laythe, which requires even more lift to support weight than kerbin due to thinner air, would end with a high speed crash into the ground. A near SSTO with a much larger amount of wing area would do the trick. It probably wouldn't need the extra fuel that it had for the booster stage to get into kerbin orbit to get into the laythe orbit though, but if it did docking could be used to re add boosters.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:54:01 am by sneakey pete »
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 848