Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448479 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2625 on: November 30, 2012, 10:20:43 pm »

Yep, if you get the new patcher, you can download .18!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2626 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:42 pm »

i want one...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: November 30, 2012, 11:07:39 pm »

Currently at 40% downloading at a rate of 35 kb/s...

Why must ye be so slow!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: November 30, 2012, 11:21:23 pm »

Well, so much for not releasing on fridays. Fingers crossed that there isn't a monumental bug in it :P
Magma is overrated.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: November 30, 2012, 11:40:47 pm »

The patcher instantly commits suicide when I try to open it.

Then again, this is the same as 17.1 :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2630 on: November 30, 2012, 11:41:42 pm »

Ooh, completed clean download of Kerbal .18. Time to see if it works.

Good thing I have a 1700 kbps download rate :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

Would have been playing sooner had I not had to watch some stupid show. Going to try it nao-ish

Edit: Yes!!! Glorious!!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:55:19 pm by OzyTheSage »

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2632 on: December 01, 2012, 01:01:07 am »

Last time I played Kerbal was when the only extra terrestrial objects were the Mun and Minmus.

I tend to do that. At least it makes my returns to this game to have a greater chance of blowing my mind.

It already sorta has.

And that music.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: December 01, 2012, 01:42:18 am »

Just completed my first orbital rendezvous and docking.
Spoiler: thar she blows (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: looking good (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: great sucess! (click to show/hide)

here's a quick rundown/guide to what I did, there might be some handy hints for people in here.
The station hub was in a 100km orbit, and i got my ship into a ~77km orbit. Set the station as the target, and then picked out the best spot to place a maneuver node so that when I made an elliptical orbit I was getting pretty dam close approach distances with the station when i intercepted the orbit, without going out to much further, to minimize speed difference at closest approach. I also corrected for inclination at ascending node. Ideally, in kerbin orbit at least, you want to get a minimum of perhaps 3-5km (i got 2.9 for this case), but less is always better.

Once you reach the closet approach point, make sure the speed reading is set to target (it should auto change). this reading is a speed relative to the target, and the navball should change showing you this direction. Burn opposite to it at the closest approach to get the reading down to zero. After that I did a small burn towards the station and slowly made my way to it, slowing down when I got there. This isn't the most efficient way, but i think its the easiest with the tools we have in the game currently.

For docking, I found that the easiest way to dock is to like up parrallel to the docking port, put ASAS on, and then use the RCS translation keys to translate. The SAS will keep the craft orientated in the same direction, which is very handy. If you want to try docking without RCS, you're a crazy person.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:45:32 am by sneakey pete »
Magma is overrated.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: December 01, 2012, 02:02:14 am »

I just landed my first lander on the Mun. Unfortunatly, Jebediah has been stranded there, the engine being too long for the landing struts. I will fix that in the next iteration. I have also launched a satellite and a space station hub into orbit of Kerbal.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: December 01, 2012, 03:03:57 am »

I wonder will KSP still crash on my laptop every third launch due to out-of-memory errors...
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: December 01, 2012, 04:35:38 am »

[DOCKING! DOCKING!]

That's probably a better method than what I ended up doing. I started by putting my target craft into a very close orbit, and had to fast forward time for quite a while since they had ended up almost on opposite sides of the planet. I also wasn't really able to figure out what all the icons on the navball represented when you target the craft, but I was eventually able to dock by burning toward the space station when it was <2 km away and then eyeballing the speeds. I'll have to play around with the docking-mode controls some more, I ended up using the old "staging mode" controls for most of the operation.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: December 01, 2012, 04:43:46 am »

Has performance increased any, or has it gotten worse?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: December 01, 2012, 05:21:51 am »

Those big solar panels... where are they? can't seem to find them in the menu's

In other news, my station has got a habitation module now. Next.. crew i guess.

edit: pictures
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Magma is overrated.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: December 01, 2012, 05:26:20 am »

Before I start an hopeless download over 3g network, does the patcher work this time aroubd or is it still aost as bad as downloading the full version in term of size and speed?
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 848