Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443904 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

addendum: I've noticed you're using shielded ports on one of the vessels.

I had some trouble when using shielded ports on both while I can dock with minimal effort two normal ports or a normal port and a shielded one.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

I didn't get lined up enough to even have issues with shielded ports. I'm pleased to have gotten as close as I did, but I'll have to rethink it a bit. Still, I liked the screenshot so I wanted to share.

Edit: Just tried again and managed to get it docked. Yaaaaaaaay! ^_^

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 07:27:31 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

beautiful.

now you must add 700 solar panels!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

How you make so amazing space planes is awesome D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've entered duna in the wrong orbit (I am flat, but I turn counterclockwise instead of the other way around)

how do I get my lander orbiting the other way? I tried parking into an ike orbit but I can make any maneuver that ends with me spinning clockwise on duna.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are two ways you can do that,the first is to simply burn at what your current retrograde is until you're orbiting the other direction, the second is to loop around the moon there and come out orbiting the other direction. I have no idea which one is more efficient.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or you could face normal and spin the orbit around. I don't think it really matters which way is most efficient since it's going to take a lot of delta v to pull off any of the ways. Is there a reason you need to be going clockwise?
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

both tankers are orbiting duna the other way  :-X

I planned the approach for the right side but it glitched on soi change and entered counterclockwise.

edi: so I managed it jumping off of ike at the right angel; it costed me about 350 in dV
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:21:43 pm by LoSboccacc »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or you could face normal and spin the orbit around. I don't think it really matters which way is most efficient since it's going to take a lot of delta v to pull off any of the ways. Is there a reason you need to be going clockwise?
That takes twice as much delta-v as just burning retrograde, since you're adding your speed again towards the pole you choose, twice your velocity retrograde from where you were headed, and again towards the other pole. It does mean that you don't lose altitude during the maneuver, but getting that back would be a tiny amount of delta-v it's not worth it unless you're going to go inside the atmosphere.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

If you're worried about losing altitude, a better solution would to turn away from the planet as you lose speed, and back towards prograde when you regain it.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've entered duna in the wrong orbit (I am flat, but I turn counterclockwise instead of the other way around)

how do I get my lander orbiting the other way? I tried parking into an ike orbit but I can make any maneuver that ends with me spinning clockwise on duna.

Try raising your Ap up to a few million meters, then flip your orbit around. You will be going slower, so less Dv required.
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uhm, now another problem: any way to refuel a landed craft? my lander does have a docking port on top, but landing a tanker on its head sounds... risky, at least.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

another possibility would be designing a rover to resupply it ( although obviously a side mounted port works best for that.)
of course, then you might as well add an extra tank.

if you must recover a stranded craft, and can't achieve a long legged lander, you could try several small refuelling crafts, that will travel docked to each other, then once in orbit will separate, and in turn will deorbit and land on top of your craft, with less risk of excessive damage due to little mass. of course, anything less than perfect control and your kerbals will be stranded forever. but at least alive.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://de.twitch.tv/kerbalsp

from right now for around 1h the devs will talk about 0.19 and 0.20 updates and whats planed the next months...
(ended by now)

seems to be happening every monday. so next will come up sometime at the 14th probably.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:07:54 pm by Nelia Hawk »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

clearly the most efficient method is slingshotting around a moon.
Remember to enter the moon SOI from behind the moon, or you'll be slingshottet away from Duna.

The other alternative is burning something like 3000 Delta-v.

Or you could meet half-way in a polar orbit.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 848