Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448488 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

So I made my first trip to minimus. I ran out of fuel on the way back, so I get out and push, since I have no antennae.

Then this happens:

I feel such joy.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you know, doing a hohmann transfer by hand while messing about with interplanetary stuff makes me think one thing in particular

we're going to need a bigger warp

i've got a year and half of waiting left until i can apply 12 m/s to crash into kerbin gloriously. the science best be worth it

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

you know, doing a hohmann transfer by hand while messing about with interplanetary stuff makes me think one thing in particular

i've got a year and half of waiting left until i can apply 12 m/s to crash into kerbin gloriously. the science best be worth it
Along with that, they need to fix the bug that let's you go straight through a planet on the highest warp.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can go back to kerbin central and max your warp. 1.5 years goes by at a reasonable pace.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

or do another mission in the meanwhile.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beep beep. Space trucker, coming through.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here's your delivery. Sign here.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:31:20 pm by BigD145 »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

Today I learned that water landings are not good for science.
I lost a material bay and 75 science points :'(
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is why you always transmit. ALWAYS.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I flew a little SSTS (single-stage to sub-orbit) craft with FAR and Deadly Reentry installed today.
Spaceplanes in general are quite Fun with FAR. Spaceflight in general is Fun with Deadly Reentry.

Combining both is Fun indeed.
Though I avoided most of the trouble since I was suborbital, and without much altitude (only some 90Km or so), the reentry still burned off one of my emergency parachutes.

Jeb made it though.
Kinda landed into a hill and lost most of the plane's rear, but hey! Any landing you can walk away from... :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Today I learned that water landings are not good for science.
I lost a material bay and 75 science points :'(
I'm actually usually ok with that- at the very least, if I only have one materials bay a regular parachute is enough. Heck, two radial parachutes seems to be enough for three bays- they might break off, but they won't get destroyed so they're still recoverable.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

welp

nothing is better than flying to low duna orbit and back with a ridiculously oversized probe, getting a flyby of ike on the way and 8 material bays/8 goo canisters worth of grade-a science just to land on a seemingly flat coastline which made your ship, otherwise safely equipped with a dozen radial parachutes and four regular ones, flip over and smash itself to pieces in a masterpiece which, i assume, was commented with a solitary "fuck" at the command center

time to build it harder, link the struts better, learn how to do maneuvers faster and make the engines stronger for the work of a kerbal is never over

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it is kind of terrible how parachutes disappear as soon as you touch/splash down.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

welp

nothing is better than flying to low duna orbit and back with a ridiculously oversized probe, getting a flyby of ike on the way and 8 material bays/8 goo canisters worth of grade-a science just to land on a seemingly flat coastline which made your ship, otherwise safely equipped with a dozen radial parachutes and four regular ones, flip over and smash itself to pieces in a masterpiece which, i assume, was commented with a solitary "fuck" at the command center

time to build it harder, link the struts better, learn how to do maneuvers faster and make the engines stronger for the work of a kerbal is never over

My solution? aim for the poles! They don't have stupid water rotating on them.

Another more mathy solution is when you are inbound and know where you will land, but don't know if it will be over ocean:
A Kerbal day is 6 hours, so timewarp until your are a multiplication of 6 hours away(check the time by adding a maneuver node to the point of impact). Now you are looking at how Kerbin will be oriented every six hours from now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:37:18 pm by ank »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

I'm trying to build a superheavy rocket that can launch at least one big orange fuel tank into space, but despite all my precautions, the upper stage keeps falling off the rocket on the launchpad. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you need more struts.

that or a liberal application of these fancy launchpad stability enhancers
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 848