Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448709 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got my base on the Mun finished.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From left to right is the Kethane and Base core (it houses the reactor), followed by several of the relay rovers, then the launch pad to send missions off to Jool or something, and finally the mining and ore processing rig.

Now to use this to build and send a smaller more compact version to Vall or Tylo.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:57:04 pm by Shooer »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see empty docking ports.
Welp, just pulled off my second ever docking. It was much easier to do it in Munar orbit than in low-Kerbin orbit, so I've got significantly less of everything than I'd hoped.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

Now what?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Dock interplanetary drives and put your kerbals on Laythe.

I've never docked anything before. I really need to if I'm going to do any manned missions to other planets.

In planet-related news, I successfully put a probe in orbit around Eve, and landed a surface probe to send back data. 1200 science points form that mission so far. I'm going to see if I can get the probe in orbit around Gilly/put a surface probe down there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

Alright, here's my challenge:

Iron Man

*SNIP*

I just remembered that this this video exists. It successfully completes your challenge, excluding return, if I am not mistaken, at about 0:57.

It's likely that game cheats were used.

But we all just want to beeeelieeeve.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I don't see a head there :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

I don't see a head there :(
The Kerbal IS the head.

I dunno, I suppose you're right.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mission to Dres was a great success!:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Getting home is another question entirely, I only have enough fuel to reach Duna, but not enough fuel to actually orbit Duna.

Cue rescue mission!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:49:20 am by ank »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Mission images, now with thumbnails!

Landed a rover on the Mun:

Occupational hazard, naturally.

Messing around with Jool:

That aerobraking maneuver was only done to put me in a safe orbit after doing science at the moons. Everything else was handled with slingshots. It still has roughly 3 km/s delta-v left.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

Did you know you can take an EVA report from the external command chair?

Spoiler: Cue !!SCIENCE!! (click to show/hide)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

That is glorious. I'm going to do that as soon as possible.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

well, how do guys make those opening struts for shuttle?

I finally managed to create a small spaceplane that can bring 1t in orbit and land safely (with far and deadly reentry)
Spoiler: landing after an orbit (click to show/hide)

but the cargo bay remains open - how do you have a closing panel of 1x1 struts without the robotic plugin? I know people do it but haven't found an explanation/way myself   ::)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Landing legs and the structural pylon, I believe. At least until the landing legs got remodeled. Might not work so well now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Landing legs and the structural pylon, I believe. At least until the landing legs got remodeled. Might not work so well now.

thanks. ended up with infernal robotics http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37707-0-21-0-22-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-8b-%2810-7-2013%29

there are gaps and seams.. I'd need a 1.5 panel  :P

Spoiler: open (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: closed (click to show/hide)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I thought all was lost, that all science I was capable of reaching was exploited and used.
I WAS WRONG.
With a little bit of magic, I managed to get into HKO and research 3 goo canisters, get 2 EVA reports, and 2 Crew Reports.
All and all, I am satisfied.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Jeb, you've done us proud. Your efforts at Eve and Gilly has provided our program 4300 science points. We welcome you back.

EDIT: And with the completion of the Dres Probe mission, I've unlocked the entire science tree.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:15:02 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 848