Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448690 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7815 on: December 28, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »

I think it has something to do with the tides, LSP.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7816 on: December 28, 2013, 06:22:51 pm »

I either:

1. Rendezvous directly from launch (if orbiting around equator of Kerbin)
2. Get into correct inclination with correct longitude of ascending node. Get in orbit that is higher or lower than object. Hohmann transfer and adjust as would do with moon or planet. Once near closest approach, zero relative velocity.

I love how this makes perfect sense to proficient dockers, but is pure gibberish to anybody having problem docking that has never flown a rocket :)
Actually, I know a couple of people who play KSP, but they have only ever gone anywhere by burning straight up from the launchpad and getting and intercept. Everything they design is built for the sole purpose of having a load of delta-v applicable forwards.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: December 28, 2013, 06:33:31 pm »

( ̄ω ̄)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: December 28, 2013, 09:09:31 pm »

( ̄ω ̄)

You dare? You dare to offend me with that face and voice?!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: December 28, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »

"This is Red Leader, Lock S-foils in attack position."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
file link
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: December 28, 2013, 10:34:48 pm »

That's great, especially since it's SSTO with those new engines.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:06 am »

So those are the fabled rapier engines I've heard about?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: December 29, 2013, 09:48:41 am »

Yes there the rapier engines, and four of them makes it really thirsty, 20 units a minute  is a lot for Jet Fuel tanks.
If you want to try a  SSTO with it then ride the Ram Air Intake up as high as you can then switch engine mode (action group 1 i think).

Once you hit vacuum  you will be forced to use the Reaction Wheels to steer, RCS for take off in on the list.

Edit: RCS thrusters ain't working so im trying it with Rockomax 24-77.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:54:18 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: December 29, 2013, 02:13:23 pm »

RAPIERs switch by themselves when they dont have enough air...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: December 29, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get on my level.

Artificial gravity ring, somehow managed to get this into space. Then I put a rover in it. Then I made the ring spin with SAS. Then I experienced Munar gravity. THEN I DROVE TO EXPERIENCE KERBIN GRAVITY. IN SPACE.

Yes, the accelerometer works.
Somebody made this.

Took him about 4 hours and 50 tries to get it into orbit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: December 29, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »

NovaSilesko made a cool mod for those who desire a new universe to play around in.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63536-0-23-Alternis-Kerbol-Release-thread-v0-0-Dec-25-Mind-the-bugs

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: December 29, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »

And if you want random craziness for your Kerbol system, Random Solar System may be for you. So many good planet mods these days!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: December 30, 2013, 08:15:48 pm »

NovaSilesko made a cool mod for those who desire a new universe to play around in.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63536-0-23-Alternis-Kerbol-Release-thread-v0-0-Dec-25-Mind-the-bugs
Ooh, that one looks very nice. Such a shame that I probably can't use it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: December 30, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »

Actually, you may find it runs better than stock, due to some optimization of the lighting code NovaSilesko did.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 848