Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443899 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Get those fukken MK2 cockpits, GWG.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you considered taking off straight up or at an angle, so there's none of that sketchy landing gear nonsense.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Er, I just noticed you had no landin' gears, son.

I definitely support turning it into a VTOL. Being an avid builder of the things, I can say with experience that it's not too hard to do.

Unfortunately, I have no time for instructions, so figger it out. :P

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Make it STOL, pop some seperatrons on that so it can quickly hop upwards and avoid scraping on those girders.
Or use something more durable as landing gear, try attachment hardpoints, notice they have a durability of 9999.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

My hovercraft isn't too good either. Rather, it's too good at flying, and not good enough at landing.

The next one was more careful but still landed hard while I tried to calibrate the hovering throttle. This lead to the engines getting knocked off?

Treating it as a VTOL vehicle and not a hovercraft worked better. So did planned landings.

Get those fukken MK2 cockpits, GWG.
Suggestion...recorded.

Make it STOL, pop some seperatrons on that so it can quickly hop upwards and avoid scraping on those girders.
Or use something more durable as landing gear, try attachment hardpoints, notice they have a durability of 9999.
I don't have those either.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I should probably stop development of the "Multijet 1.0" after a string of flight failures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It probably wasn't such a good idea to put so much crap onto it.
It likes veering to the left on the runway, also it wants to roll counterclockwise on takeoff
Here we attempt to land on the island runway
Couldn't pull up in time, couldn't see how high was the hill the runway  is on. Radar would be a good idea?
Lost it, ditched into the ocean
Another failed attempt.
Trying for the real runway, that dirt one is scary anyway
Not quite straight approach.
Almost made it, actually hit the ground far too hard and disintegrated right at the end.
The decoupler and parachute certainly came in handy
Rip Brave kerbals
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:51:02 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd again like to ask how you move ships from save to save without breaking the game. Copy-pasting the ship description doesn't work; I can't load the save when I do that. Possibly relevant: The ship in the original has parts not yet available in the pasted place, and perhaps from parts of the tech tree the pasted place doesn't have access to.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd again like to ask how you move ships from save to save without breaking the game. Copy-pasting the ship description doesn't work; I can't load the save when I do that. Possibly relevant: The ship in the original has parts not yet available in the pasted place, and perhaps from parts of the tech tree the pasted place doesn't have access to.
I don't have experience with this but that seems like the reason why.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well...that kinda negates the reason I wanted to transfer spacecraft from one to the other.

On this save-file-editing note, is it possible to give kerbonauts not named Jebediah, Bill, or Bob orange spacesuits, or are those suits hardcoded to be given only to those three?
Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The orange suits have a different name. It doesn't matter because all kerbonauts are immortal. They'll show up again eventually.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I like to disable that, because it's more interesting when a ship explodes.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The orange suits have a different name. It doesn't matter because all kerbonauts are immortal. They'll show up again eventually.
What do you mean, "different name"?
I don't care, I just want to give the kerbonaut an orange space suit as a reward for an impressive flight.
Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fairly sure all kerbonauts are in your persistence file. The type of suit they wear has a name.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Er whoops, sorry GWG. I meant fuselages, not cockpits. Derp.

To reiterate: Get those fukken MK2 fuselages, GWG.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doing Cupcake style of SSTO's horribly but successfully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsCHxKLxB_Q
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 848