Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448199 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congratulations!  the first orbit is a great feeling.  Soon you be landing on other worlds.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

NEW UPDATE:
I realized that, due to exploding violently from being ejected, the Science JR. is worthless anyway, so I attached three radial parachutes on top.
Detachment from the main pod results in a 4 m./s fall rate, and impact with the ground by the decoupler allows a cushion, protecting the Science Jr.
I think I might need to make sure that I detach that particular stage while pointing prograde (straight down, as under test conditions) for this to work, but eh.
Black lives matter.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

My asteroid weighs 900 tons and is sitting on the VAB, getting that kind of payload up isn't so hard with the new parts, but moving it down "safely" might be tricky, I'm going to need to make a crane using infernal robotics. Considering I needed 3 days to make a 6 ton tow truck, I'm going to probably need at least a week to make something, maybe a 2000 ton crane that's taller than the VAB?
Something that's been bothering me lately, what's the best part to use as ballast? I know engines and pods are heavy, but I can't find anything compact that's heavy enough to use as counterweights.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

The new booster are extremely powerful.

Had to add a fuel tank to slow rocket down. (Yeah could have used less booster but no)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Holy shit, I had not noticed these new OMGWTF huge engines. I made the stupidest, heaviest, most un-aerodynamic piece of crap ever and slapped 4 of the quad engines on it. With a sharp gravity turn, I'm orbiting in a single stage.

EDIT: And there's a new, even bigger Solid Rocket Booster! I had no choice:
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:10:23 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lifting almost 500 tons to orbit is easier than ever.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The end of the trip is even better!

Spoiler: ...And returning (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

You can use debug to do it.
But that's cheating!

Hugo, is that Jeb?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you want to gift KSP to someone that doesn't care about modding? It's currently 40% off on Steam.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hugo, is that Jeb?
Could it be anyone else? :D

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you want to gift KSP to someone that doesn't care about modding? It's currently 40% off on Steam.

doesn't care about modding? I had no trouble adding mods to my Steam KSP.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For anyone that has trouble with Steam auto updating games (even after setting it to not update ever) that are heavily mod version specific, KSP is terrible on Steam.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something that's been bothering me lately, what's the best part to use as ballast? I know engines and pods are heavy, but I can't find anything compact that's heavy enough to use as counterweights.

upward pointing retro-rockets?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

For anyone that has trouble with Steam auto updating games (even after setting it to not update ever) that are heavily mod version specific, KSP is terrible on Steam.
If you're having trouble with KSP on Steam, copy it out of the Steam folder. The game uses no DRM.

Plus I've yet to see a major mod that isn't updated to a new KSP version within the day of the update.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:42:04 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Star Ruler on my account is fudged. Mods there are very version dependent and some update for one version months after a new game version releases. I very deliberately did not transfer my ksp to steam. I don't need steam running in the background and I don't need autoupdates.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 848