Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448569 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try moving or deleting the main KSP folder, downloading the whole thing and running it without any changes. Should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program.

If that doesn't work then your video card is probably about to die. Be sure to take lots of screenshots, it tends to look awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

So, my Minmal mission slingshotted and is currently orbiting the sun. Well, at least when it re-enters Kerbin orbit in *checks MechJeb* five years, it will be worth approximately 13.52 metric f**ktons of science.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Try moving or deleting the main KSP folder, downloading the whole thing and running it without any changes. Should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program.
Already did that. It's working.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem is probably something in the Squad gamedata folder, try verifying cache and/or doing the whole redownload thing again and not copying that folder.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

If that doesn't work then your video card is probably about to die. Be sure to take lots of screenshots, it tends to look awesome.
Sometimes I get the impression that this is half of what causes Danny's awesome, Fine he does things KSP isn't designed for and the Kracken has its way with his Kerbals, but seeing the glitches he finds in other games makes me wonder.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Danny's videos can only be described as [Physics intensifies]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem is probably something in the Squad gamedata folder, try verifying cache and/or doing the whole redownload thing again and not copying that folder.
Thanks, but...
It's working.

Sometimes I get the impression that this is half of what causes Danny's awesome, Fine he does things KSP isn't designed for and the Kracken has its way with his Kerbals, but seeing the glitches he finds in other games makes me wonder.
True.
I might do stuff like that, but:
1. I don't know how to take videos (longer than 29 seconds, which is when Fraps cuts off videos whenever I try to use it).
2. No graphical glitches.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Wallcar was best idea ever. Of all time.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

If Fraps cuts of videos at 29 seconds, that means you're using the demo :P

(Yarr yarr)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yarr yarr)
Oh. I see.
...That's crappy. Does anyone know of a free video-taking program that doesn't do that?
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

(Yarr yarr)
Oh. I see.
...That's crappy. Does anyone know of a free video-taking program that doesn't do that?
I think the free version of Bandicam cuts off at 10 minutes, which is enough most of the time.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use https://obsproject.com to stream, and it can record as well. It's 100 percent free, and it just took me a 15 minute youtube video watch to get it set up and ready to go.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Supposedly NVidia came up with some technology (using Geforce Experience) that allows you to record videos of games, so if you install that you might be able to record? There's also MSI Afterburner, which can be used to overclock your graphics card and also take videos.

On the other hand...

(Yarr yarr)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

NVidia's stuff is only for higher end graphics cards (I.E literally every single one better than the one I'm using right now, GT 640)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

This should work and it is free

https://obsproject.com/

Not the friendlier of interfaces and windows only
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 848