Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443931 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Careful of giant invisible monsters.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Careful of giant invisible monsters.

AKA "Don't let the Kraken bite!"
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Different giant invisible monster.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Started using space stations for something useful for like the first time ever.
Spoiler: Spacelab-1 (click to show/hide)
It's getting rather crowded on Spacelab-1. It's in a nice, low orbit over Minmus, and serves as a supply, science warehouse, and cleaning station for my Minmus science landers. In the image are also the (obsolete) DSS-1 Deep Space Science lander, its replacement, the DSS-2 Deep Space Science lander, and the DSCT-1 Deep Space Crew Transport. I think it's actually my first space station to save IRL time on getting science.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I was screwing around with setting up a space station when I saw an object go flying through the Kerbin system and remembered that enough time had passed for the starter asteroid cloud to start passing by.  I've almost maxed out the tech tree (I like playing with the restrictions of campaign mode) so I hastily slapped together a rocket to catch the next intercept.  Given my past difficulties with docking it was absolute miracle that I managed to catch it on the far edges of the system, but the rocket used almost all of it's fuel just getting there so I couldn't do anything with it.

I have a tendency to build rockets to exactly the capability that I think they'll need, which usually results in them being inadequate for the job (as the field of stranded landers on the Mun can attest).  I don't like having a bunch of extra rocket left over at each stage of a mission, because then I have to plan around the thing.

For the next asteroid though, I didn't want to screw around.  It was a class B instead of the first's C and would pass much closer to Kerbin, but I'd wasted enough time to screw up again.  So I did what probably everyone has done with the latest version and made this:

It practically walks off the launch pad and burns up all the booster stages just getting near orbit, but the main stage left over is enough to put the robotic catcher almost anywhere in Kerbin's SOI.  This is great, because the boosters are automatically disposed of and the rest will be on some weird unique orbit.  Turns out though, class B's are lighter than I expected, so the catcher was able to put it at a perfectly planar 5000km orbit just waiting for a science team, with over 3/4 of its fuel left.  After I get all the science out of it, maybe I'll crash it into the ocean.

Feeling pretty good about that, mastering the rather difficult new feature on the third second attempt.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Oh well, time to play KSP again!
I start up a career mode save with most interstellar quest mods, excluding the actual interstellar quest, deadly reentry and TAC liffe support.
I do some science, and then organize a munar flyby because it gives faster science.
Everything goes according to plan, yay, i spent quite some time on this.

AND THEN I WARP STRAIGHT INTO KERBIN AND I EXPLODE
FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Well, that was it for my motivation to play ksp.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

And that's how miauw learned to use quicksave :D

Also, I think I've done a lot of the science I can for the Mun and Minmus, and still haven't unlocked nuclear engines. I'm wondering how I can get the 300 science I need for that. Will grabbing an asteroid and Doing Things With It™ give me enough science? Or should I just try to find more biomes to grab little dirt pieces of?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should be able to max the tech tree with Kerbin and its moons.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You should be able to max the tech tree with Kerbin and its moons.
might be using a non-vanilla tech tree

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile

I think all I've got is Kethane, really. I guess I should just have a deeper look at the science screen that I keep forgetting to visit, and maybe have a kethane powered probe that can easily visit all biomes? Not sure how to find new biomes though. I should also probably attach a lab. I have this habit of getting every single one of my things back to Kerbin.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think all I've got is Kethane, really. I guess I should just have a deeper look at the science screen that I keep forgetting to visit, and maybe have a kethane powered probe that can easily visit all biomes? Not sure how to find new biomes though. I should also probably attach a lab. I have this habit of getting every single one of my things back to Kerbin.

The official wiki has maps of the biomes.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile

The official wiki has maps of the biomes.

Thanks! Whenever I get time, I guess it's time to produce the Crater Hopper Mk I! :D

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

kinda hard to match the map to the landscape, however. I'd love a mod that gives you a tooltip of a biome when hovering on a planet in map mode.

maybe should be unknown until you do a low space eva or tied to a scanning satellite.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile

Could work like the probes for Kethane!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kinda hard to match the map to the landscape, however. I'd love a mod that gives you a tooltip of a biome when hovering on a planet in map mode.

MechJeb does this now. Use the landing module.
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 848