Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448382 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10800 on: December 15, 2014, 07:12:12 pm »

Will wait a week or two for most common mods to update. Also working heavily this week soooo...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10801 on: December 15, 2014, 08:27:16 pm »

So uh, anyone else having issues with the new career mode building upgrade stuff? For some reason, mine appear to be fully upgraded when I start career mode; and I can't find any settings or such to change that. Meanwhile, it seems to be telling me I need to upgrade buildings to do things.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: December 15, 2014, 09:00:44 pm »

How do you know they appear to be fully upgraded?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:48 pm »

I think he means they are the fancy ones we have had for a few versions now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: December 15, 2014, 09:20:03 pm »

Yep; appearance, and right clicking on them. Also, it only appears to be bugged in the x64 version. So if you do the default one you should be fine. Which is to say, you should probably download the non-x64 version for now, until they get that all fixed up.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: December 16, 2014, 12:23:21 am »

What's the deal with the visual surveys? I'm supposed to make a crew report in a specific zone above 17km.. But I can't complete it? What's their definition of above? Do I need an airplane?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: December 16, 2014, 12:24:29 am »

I think it might be 17km above, not above 17km...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: December 16, 2014, 12:38:19 am »

Depends on if it's sea level or surface. I thought the original mod got that figured out...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: December 16, 2014, 07:44:42 am »

I'm particularly interested in this feature, sounds like it will have some implications for the RemoteTech autopilot functions:

Code: [Select]
* Added new Autopilot System featuring 8 modes:
- Stability Assist (Basic SAS)
- Prograde/Retrograde Hold (Level 1 Required: Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards prograde or retrograde vectors.
- Radial In/Out, Normal/Antinormal Hold (Level 2 Required): Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards R+, R-, N and AN vectors.
- Target/Anti-Target Hold (Level 3 Required): Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards the selected target.
- Maneuver Hold (Level 3 Required): Automatically orient and maintain attitude towards the first upcoming maneuver's burn vector.
* AP modes respect the current reference frame on the navball (surface, orbit or target).

Also, this sounds pretty great:

Code: [Select]
Part-to-Part Resource Transfer now possible between more than 2 parts. (In/Out options will push/pull from all other selected parts evenly)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10809 on: December 16, 2014, 08:21:09 am »

Kinda sounds like some mods are now redundant... the second feature sounds like half of the features of TAC fuel balancer.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: December 16, 2014, 10:22:51 am »

I was shocked how fast I downloaded this, the last time I grabbed an update the next day the servers were clogged. Time to restart.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: December 16, 2014, 12:14:19 pm »

I still cant get it to work... Wee...

Lastnight the download thingie on the website was broken, so I tried patching one of the five folders I have of KSP (I mod download mods to the game. Alot), and now thats broke. Lets see if the website works now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: December 16, 2014, 02:15:45 pm »

Damn the game keeps taunting me.. I'm using an airplane to do the survey contracts now, but there are some when I'm supposed to go and get a surface sample from a specific zone.. So I land (on a really sick terrain too  8) ), but then when I go on an EVA to grab the sample, well nothing related triggers..

So I start over, thinking "maybe I'm supposed to actually enter the zone from the ground itself", I design a sh*tty rover with landing gears  ::) . Obviously I crash at some point, but really close to the waypoint too so I decide to be a man and walk straight until I get there. Now according to the map I'm at the exact coordinates of the waypoint but still nothing.. I walked for 3 in game hours  :D

Anyway I guess it's a bug or maybe the description needs more details..

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: December 16, 2014, 02:36:47 pm »

are there not special prerequisites (upgraded kerbalnaut complex?) to taking surface samples now?

Do all of the contract conditions light up green?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: December 16, 2014, 03:31:10 pm »

So, is this released, or still just like pre-released?  The .90 that is.
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 848