Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448885 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

woah. every 5 minutes we get something that makes me go 'wow'. I sooo want to play it.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last time I used Tweakscale, I ended up with rockets that gave me free money when launched, but took it away if they were recovered instead of crashed.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Well, we appear to have cool dust effects now.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm waiting for stock clouds, I'm hoping Ill be able to have them without exceeding my ram limit like I was with the astronomers pack ones.
I'm still having trouble with this damn biplane, I was starting to think that my custom engine was severely underpowered, as it produces only 12 thrust, but after finally adding mechjeb I managed to get something into the air, it's exceedingly unstable however.
Going over the Basic aircraft design with pictures post shows that I probably need to move more lift behind the center of lift. But these biplane wings always seem to drag the center of gravity and center of lift around to almost the same point no matter where I move the wings.
I'm now toying with larger tail wings which seems to fix the mass issue but there hasn't really been a noticeably significant stability increase.
I think the problem is the control surfaces, I probably have too many, set to the wrong settings, and possibly theres some issues I could fix with the Firespitter trim tool.
The sopworth camel that came with the plugin doesn't load :s.
edit: Actually the engine is broken, I just deleted it from the .craft and it's fine =D
Edit: Actually the .craft are for .24 and crash the SPH, I can view the plane though so I know what it should look like now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:55:03 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Scott Manley's 1.0 preview vid makes me pretty hyped up.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I found out what the problem with  my biplane was, it was too heavy. Seriously so. I wasn't really paying attention to the weight as I figured just shoving the firespitter parts together would make an effective plane right? Hell no, the plane weighed over 4 tons with each wing coming close to a ton each. For comparison a WW1 biplane weighs around 500 kilos. I found a slider on the wings that lowered their weight significantly causing the plane to shoot skywards at 600 km/s without much travel needed forwards.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The twitch stream is still going. 48 hours of 1.0 is going to get a tad samey, I imagine.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

3 hours till 4 hour scott manley marathon! Eh I need to sleep. Hopefully I can catch it later on.
My aircraft issues are over at least, I finally have something the right size, weight and power of a WW1 biplane, It weighs around 500 kg, is powered by a 4 power engine and has a top speed of 190 kph in level flight, stall and takeoff speed is around 70 kph.
I did have to mod one of the default firespitter parts though. 125 kilo's for a tiny structural fuselage, seriously? Sure on a bomber maybe but im building out of balsa wood and paper damnit.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

causing the plane to shoot skywards at 600 km/s without much travel needed forwards.

Typo or amusing bug?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

600 kp/h :s

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

That, and literally everything else, yeah. The interiors of some of the parts are amazing. There's a part which holds 16 kerbals, and the IVA view looks like the inside of a commercial airliner.

By the way, in his other video he recommends reading "Ignition!" a book about the history of liquid rocket propellants. Having now read through the first third of it, I highly recommend it, it's amazing and highly entertaining. (pdf version here, since it's out of print and the author nearly 3 decades underground)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

That, and literally everything else, yeah. The interiors of some of the parts are amazing. There's a part which holds 16 kerbals, and the IVA view looks like the inside of a commercial airliner.

By the way, in his other video he recommends reading "Ignition!" a book about the history of liquid rocket propellants. Having now read through the first third of it, I highly recommend it, it's amazing and highly entertaining. (pdf version here, since it's out of print and the author nearly 3 decades underground)
It definitely opens strong. It opens with pictures of rockets firing and presumable blowing up, and the first bit of writing is by Asimov. There are many, many worse ways to make a first impression.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Less than one day 1.0.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Yeah definitely can't wait, unlike most people I've been ignoring all the pre-release shit talking about new features and stuffso I'm gonna be mostly blind about the lesser known changes which should be fun discovering.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Darkstar, that post needed more hype. Rilder, that is enough hype in your post.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 848