Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 593022 times)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #390 on: March 13, 2012, 09:45:53 am »

Heyaa... Hoping I'm right about how this works. I nominate Dwarven... "Child Care" for the Hall of Legends.

Basically, it was the idea (partially successful) of turning children into superpowered fireproof warriors by the time they were 12... using extremely controversial methods.
Whole-hearted support for this.
Pit fighting toddlers equals Dwarven ‼Science‼ at its finest.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 16, 2012, 03:42:26 pm »

An update on one of the first games to make it into the hall of legends, a game that has been in the active category ever since.

The game ran for more than three years, but the inevitable has finally happened, Halltraded has come to an end. Floods, fires, elves, goblins, undead carp, tantrum spirals, alcohol bans and exploding suicide trade caravans could not bring it down. A lot of things in this fortress failed, but it also failed to die. We finally decided to abandon and move on.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2012, 10:00:58 pm »

Heyaa... Hoping I'm right about how this works. I nominate Dwarven... "Child Care" for the Hall of Legends.

Basically, it was the idea (partially successful) of turning children into superpowered fireproof warriors by the time they were 12... using extremely controversial methods.

I vote for ^
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:01 pm »

I vote for adventure guy!
What do you think? Yes? No?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 22, 2012, 11:12:42 pm »

I vote for Dwarven Child Care, and I'm totally not biased because I wrote a story in that thread loosely based on Girlinhat's experiences.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2012, 11:41:14 pm »

Monk? Monthly update time?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 05, 2012, 12:08:46 pm »

An update on one of the first games to make it into the hall of legends, a game that has been in the active category ever since.

The game ran for more than three years, but the inevitable has finally happened, Halltraded has come to an end. Floods, fires, elves, goblins, undead carp, tantrum spirals, alcohol bans and exploding suicide trade caravans could not bring it down. A lot of things in this fortress failed, but it also failed to die. We finally decided to abandon and move on.

*sad little song*  Entry updated.

I vote for adventure guy!

Vote added!

Welcome to April ladies and gents, and with the new month comes new eligibility- Trailgross the Castle of Wonder and Dwarven... "Child Care" are now eligible to receive votes. In particular, the votes cast for the latter didn't count the first time around because the topic wasn't yet eligible to receive them. If you still consider it worthy of induction, feel free to recast your vote and it will be added.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 05, 2012, 02:10:55 pm »

Now, I vote for Dwarven Child Care.

Elanorea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 05, 2012, 06:15:07 pm »

I vote for Weatherwires.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 09, 2012, 01:35:30 pm »

As I was saying, Dwarven... "Child Care"  (like regular child care, only with rabid dogs instead of care) gets my vote.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

AquiziTC

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_CLEVER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:09 pm »

Hello!

I wish to nominate an active fort being hosted on Broken Forum. It is called Glazedcoast, and it is magnificent.

Hm, brief synopsis... I shall quote the creator, Bleaktea:

"Okay, sure, we came out here to strip-mine the local landscape, and trained a squad of axe-wielding child soldiers to slaughter the indigenous population as well as murder an ancient being's family and friends one by one right in front of him. Yes, Sinthad's life has been so brutal and bloody that she is little more than a dead-eyed killer at 19. Yes, the arrival of a kindly and just King did nothing to improve the lives of the dwarves, because the problem is not people like Logem but rather the entire dwarven culture. Yes, Glazedcoast is a glass box filled with mud and dead plants, covered in sickening phlegm, below which sits a festering hole leading deep into the bowels of the earth; yes, its major exports are weapons and suffering; yes, there is not a single family that has not lost a child to monsters or the arrogance of the military. I have had endangered birds shot and left their bodies to rot on the ground. I allowed a four-hundred-year-old vampire queen to be ripped limb from limb to discover the limits of her powers. I have thrown innocents into battle with vicious goblins simply because the amazing works of art they produced did not amaze me quite enough. I have made pies out of puppies.

This is grim? This is monstrous? THIS. IS. DWARF! FORTRESS!

*kicks human ambassador into a pit full of captured goblins; puts on gem-studded human-hair crown*"

EDIT: I forgot a link, derp. http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/dwarf-fortress-vd-staying-dry.1003/

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

Thought I should mention this. WARNING: loooooong read
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106539.0
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2012, 03:58:08 am »

Holy tugboats. (Ellen FTW!)

Read Glazedcoat now. Seriously. Beat fort ever, apart from Botmurdered and Nist Akath.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »

I vote Weatherwires.
Also why do you keep the vote system for finished threads?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 26, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

Revoting for dwarven child care... if the last time around didn't count.

Thought I should mention this. WARNING: loooooong read
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106539.0
Ohhhh, yes... That would definitely deserve a nomination... even if just partially I'm saying that because I wrote a story there... But there's so much good material in that thread, it's insane.

Also, if I still can, I vote for Weatherwires. It belongs here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:16:45 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67