Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926923 times)

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2011, 10:57:17 pm »

A LEGO game about The Man With No Name (basically the same as the LEGO Indiana Jones or LEGO Star Wars games). Is it possible?

I love those damn games, and the Man With No Name movies would fit right in next to star wars.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2011, 10:58:03 pm »

A LEGO game about The Man With No Name (basically the same as the LEGO Indiana Jones or LEGO Star Wars games). Is it possible?

I love those damn games, and the Man With No Name movies would fit right in next to star wars.

The GOOD Man with No Name or the Bad Man With No Name?

Because I just saw a bad one... a really really bad one.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2011, 11:02:50 pm »

A game like spore, but to the next level. Technology has to be developed by the player using the laws of physics, creatures that actually evolve instead of being picked from a predetermined list, that sort of thing. Of course, this kind game would require months of game play to go anywhere, so it probably won't come to pass.
...Said Bloxace.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2011, 11:06:04 pm »

A game like spore, but to the next level. Technology has to be developed by the player using the laws of physics, creatures that actually evolve instead of being picked from a predetermined list, that sort of thing. Of course, this kind game would require months of game play to go anywhere, so it probably won't come to pass.
Hell man, I would have been happy with Spore as the original videos/talks showed it. Including the now non-existant water stage.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2011, 11:41:37 pm »

Simlife with an advanced evolution engine, much more evolutions and much MUCH more natural disasters.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2011, 10:27:34 am »

Some kind of survival game, preferably post-apocalyptic that doesn't involve monsters, demons, aliens etc. Mutants are fine, but nothing supernatural. Also, with needs like hunger, thirst, happiness, tiredness, etc. Preferably not a Roguelike but I'd settle for it if needs be.

Please tell me this exists and I've just missed it :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2011, 12:21:50 pm »

Some kind of survival game, preferably post-apocalyptic that doesn't involve monsters, demons, aliens etc. Mutants are fine, but nothing supernatural. Also, with needs like hunger, thirst, happiness, tiredness, etc. Preferably not a Roguelike but I'd settle for it if needs be.

Please tell me this exists and I've just missed it :P

It's probably much too simplistic for your tastes, but one that comes to mind is Schiffbruch. (German for "Shipwreck"). Not post-apoc, and a pretty simple and short game overall. But it's there, and it's free. I think I've heard that Stranded 2 is similar, but I haven't played that one myself.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2011, 12:23:04 pm »

Stranded 2.
Because wearing out your left click is fun.
*Hugs*

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:19 pm »

Merchant Prince, modernized a bit... marvellous game.

And I still would like to see a stealth action game not flawed in some way.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2011, 12:35:46 pm »

Stranded 2.
Because wearing out your left click is fun.
It's probably much too simplistic for your tastes, but one that comes to mind is Schiffbruch. (German for "Shipwreck"). Not post-apoc, and a pretty simple and short game overall. But it's there, and it's free. I think I've heard that Stranded 2 is similar, but I haven't played that one myself.

I've played both of these, Stranded 2 started off fantastic but lost it's way and then brought in rocket launchers and other ridiculous stuff.

Also,

And I still would like to see a stealth action game not flawed in some way.

Merging action and stealth is flawed by definition, they're pretty much opposites :P However, I hear that MGS4 is supposedly a good stealth/action game.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2011, 12:38:39 pm »

My post was more in response to Singularity's than a suggestion.
Seriously, allowing you to hold down the button to build would have improved it immensely.
*Hugs*

mrguy492

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2011, 09:19:20 pm »

a tactical persistant war mmo, starts wit you signing up picking were you want to sign up, some people could think out bases, if anything is destroyed the regions owner desides to repair it or not, if no one repairs a village for so long the villagers start forming guerrila armies going against the regions owner,enemy factions could help those guerrilas take out a faction and to keep it real make a big map with (heres the imposible part) 1 server...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2011, 10:29:08 pm »

a tactical persistant war mmo, starts wit you signing up picking were you want to sign up, some people could think out bases, if anything is destroyed the regions owner desides to repair it or not, if no one repairs a village for so long the villagers start forming guerrila armies going against the regions owner,enemy factions could help those guerrilas take out a faction and to keep it real make a big map with (heres the imposible part) 1 server...

I like this idea, but I wouldn't make it one server, it'd be impossible.

But this combined with my Temeraire idea would make for a really interesting game.  A raid wouldn't be 10 people or 40 people, it'd be 400, because "one heavyweight dragon" would be 40 players.

Players who captain dragons would have incentives to keep them alive, because if their dragon dies, they're not getting a new one for a while.  Likewise, you can take POW, although it'd be tricky to make work and be fun.  Mechanically I'd say that the player switches sides, but it might not be the best idea; too much incentive to rush into the middle and get recaptured.

Chandos

• Bay Watcher
  • bork bork bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2011, 11:14:40 pm »

A Trek-style MMO (although not necessarily based on the Star Trek universe) where most of the skills are areas of scientific expertise, and the players use those skills to solve and understand various mysterious cosmic phenomena.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »

A complete(aka perfect) DF in my lifetime

Considering Toady seems to be twice the median age around here, I think we can all rest assured that if DF isn't completed in our lifetimes, it will never be completed at all.

I seriously hope Toady's got a backup plan for DF in case of his untimely demise. GPL release, alternative dev(team), anything. As long as it won't die off with him.
Currently he has stated that releasing the source code is in his will, with the condition that his death isn't suspicious (IE murdering him for the code)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 577