Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926706 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2011, 09:18:02 pm »

o.o DO WANT. is it out? if it is can i haz link? if not whens it coming out.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2011, 09:55:52 pm »

I want a Pokemon game with fully-modeled ecosystems where you have to track down and capture pokemon manually instead of just walking through grass until something finds you.
So like Monster Hunter, except with Pokemon and an open world instead of missions (is that how MH works? I've never actually played it)?

That sounds pretty great actually.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2011, 11:17:51 pm »

A complete(aka perfect) DF in my lifetime
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Sw1ss4rmy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2011, 02:28:29 am »

I would have loved if Mech Warrior 5 came out. The video of it that was made a few years ago was epic. I only wish it had Dwarf Fortressy combat, like insted of you got shot in an arm and it fell off I would have like to see sometyhing like you got shot in the arm and one of your hydraulic tubes was broken. Now to aim that arm mounted weapon you have to move the cockpit.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2011, 02:35:52 am »

Considering Toady seems to be twice the median age around here, I think we can all rest assured that if DF isn't completed in our lifetimes, it will never be completed at all.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2011, 02:38:40 am »

Considering Toady seems to be twice the median age around here, I think we can all rest assured that if DF isn't completed in our lifetimes, it will never be completed at all.

I seriously hope Toady's got a backup plan for DF in case of his untimely demise. GPL release, alternative dev(team), anything. As long as it won't die off with him.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2011, 02:43:16 am »

His plan is to release 13 mega updates and then die, leaving behind some haphazard notes for his cat to finish writing.

Or he might go a more modern route by promising that completion is just a short while off, but postpone for half a decade at a time. Then he will die of old age. A staple part of his will is that the source code is to be destroyed as punishment for us always whining for the next release. Getting a lucrative deal in a secondary media outlet where hundreds of people suddenly rely on his continued work will not prevent him from continuing with this plan.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2011, 05:12:09 pm »

Oh, you know what else?  A, like, full-scale X-com.

The xenos are invading in full force, sending down armies at a time in fleets of UFOs, maybe using Star Trek style teleporters and whatnot, not just little task forces in little landers.  Not just terror weapons, they'll eventually send down battlesuit power armor things, force-fields, full-size tanks, flying things like drones, jetpacks and weapons hoverplatforms, and possibly have support from the motherships in orbit (orbital lasers?) and/or UFOs on-scene.  To combat the alien menace, you have field several Skyrangers worth of squads, have spotters and air-support, similar vehicles, possibly artillery deployed outside the combat zone.  Drop some spotters and snipers on a skyscraper or apartment or something blocks away, but if they figure out where you are, be prepared for shelling.  Skyranger crashes in hot territory, you need to defend it's position with the survivors while reinforcements come to save 'em.  Oh no, a giant robot/monster!  After the first one stomps you and you're forced to evacuate, research and build a counter - do you make your own sweet robot, or just a crapton of planes with missiles?  The President/whatever is under attack!  Are you a bad enough dude to evacuate him?

Speaking of, I'd like to see some kind of infrastructure and political game to it, too.  Build (possibly underground) railways to speedily transport heavy equipment without the use of a Skyranger, or for stuff you can't stick on a plane.  I have the idea of an "X-com embassy", with bureaucrats and stuff arguing to keep the countries from falling under xeno control, increase funding, and doing stuff like maintaining the infrastructure you build in whatever city/country they're assigned to, and drilling the local populace and law enforcement to speed up evacuations and taking shelter - maybe acting as a go-between to arm said law enforcement with cool X-com tech.  They'd be protection targets during city raids, since they're not likely to be in armor, or trained like your soldiers are.

Also, pilots.  Statted pilots, like your soldiers.  Now, skill will allow outdated planes to at least stand a chance against superior aircraft, though there's always the chance that asset will die if he gets shot down or send without wingmen.  Veteran air-support pilot gets shot down in the combat theater, get your guys over there to save him.  Skyranger pilot gets shot!  Unless your regular soldiers have some piloting skill, that one's not going to be able to evacuate anymore.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2011, 05:50:08 pm »

It's far from finished, but UFO: Enemy Unknown (an XCOM clone 'inspired-by' open sourcey thingummy) still needs 'finishishing', last time I checked, but I bet you/someone else could mod/configure it to give it the stuff you're looking for.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2011, 05:57:52 pm »

What I really want is a full-fledged tribal game. I have never seen a game where you can actually organize a true tribe. Basically, the main features would be:
-Fully designable and customizable buildings, outfits, and weapons.

-A dynamic way to handle culture and religion. Live in a desert? Perhaps your people center their religion around a scorpion god, doing dances and offering sacrifices in turn for protection.

-Other tribes, warfare, and monsters. The Jackal tribe sure hates the Scorpion tribe. You can organize raids, ambushes, and other such things, and possibly start dominating the other local tribes.

Also, a finished Spore game.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

While I'm here, I have to point out that I'm obviously out of touch with the (commercial, at least) gaming world because I discovered, in the shops one of the Signs Of The End Of The World...

Duke Nukem Forever..?  That's actually been finished?  I was interested in it 15 years ago.  I bet it's not as good as it should be, and will probably just see if I can dig up my copy of DN3D for old-times'-sake...

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »

TWEWY SEQUAL
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2011, 07:07:49 pm »

Left 4 D3ad?
Team Fortress 3: Cosplay Edition.
Portal 3?
DOTA 3.
Counter Strike 3? Counter Strike: Global Offensive

I heard rumours that Valve had another game that was of grand quality though, I just can't remember what it was...

[Edited for irony]
You're thinking of Ricochet probably. Can't remember any other great hits comming from valve except for Alien Swarm, but that one's free...

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2011, 12:20:56 am »

Oh... you're totally right!
This was the game the fans were getting really pissy about because it's been 11 years and no sequals! Seriously where do Valve get off pushing aside this classic for quick money games?

Valve if you can hear me; Go back to what you do best. Go back to what made you great. GO BACK TO RIOCHET!

:D

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »

A LEGO game about The Man With No Name (basically the same as the LEGO Indiana Jones or LEGO Star Wars games). Is it possible?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 577