Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929318 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2011, 02:00:40 pm »

Sorry to derail your derail, but...

A Harvest Moon-style game as directed by Hideo Kojima.  That's honestly the thing I think I'd most enjoy playing.

If there's not at least one opportunity to sneak into someone else's hen coop at night and steal the ever-loving bejeezus out of their (potentially robotic) livestock, it's just not good enough :I
Sounds awesome (except the robotic part). Perhaps you can seduce the owner of a rival farm, set up infrared cameras and alarms to catch other thieves, hire harvest sprites either to help you or sabotage others.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 06, 2011, 02:05:10 pm »

Exactly!  See, the robot chickens would be decoys, and you'd have to make friends with techs in the city to purchase updated machinery and stuff so that you didn't take an exploding robotic chicken off of the property and end up offing yourself.

Yeah, it would definitely be too cool!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 06, 2011, 02:14:01 pm »

Netland.
Drawing from all the past rtd's :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 06, 2011, 02:28:56 pm »

I wish there was a perfect simulation of scavenging for scrap in Chernobyl because you are in poverty with five kids, with a moral choice system being replaced with three trees, the idealist, the realist and the cynic. It should also have a sanity meter as well, with the effects varying with your current philosophical standpoint.

Rakuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 06, 2011, 05:33:14 pm »

A modern day geo-political strategy game that properly emulates economics and diplomacy.
Something like Superpower 2 but with actual functioning gameplay.
Or a Shadow President that doesn't have pointless messages popping up every ten seconds.

And nothing like Rulers of Nations.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2011, 05:51:40 pm »

I can do that for you.

Be aware, it's buggy and costs like $80 because it is, as you know, very difficult and expensive to pack all those ones and zeros into containers, strap them to trained dolphins, and send them across the Atlantic ocean.

And that isn't even counting the cost of training the dolphins!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2011, 06:00:53 pm »

*amazing post-modern idea*

Wow, that sounds like an awesome game. I always toyed with the idea of having intentional glitches in a game, too, but I never thought about it with that kind of depth. A game that reveals itself to be something other than expected... I totally want one like that. Too bad that I won't want to make it myself, because it would ruin most of the fun. That's my main issue with making games, I feel like knowing everything beforehand will make it much less fun. That's half the reason my forays into game development usually use randomly-generated levels or such. The other reason is that I suck at level design. :P

Rakuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 06, 2011, 06:39:12 pm »

Ah PTTG, but that is the prequel to Rulers of Nations, and so fails the third of my requirements.

Thanks though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 06, 2011, 06:41:33 pm »

A modern day geo-political strategy game that properly emulates economics and diplomacy.
Something like Superpower 2 but with actual functioning gameplay.
Or a Shadow President that doesn't have pointless messages popping up every ten seconds.

And nothing like Rulers of Nations.

How about Balance of Power 1990?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rakuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 06, 2011, 09:00:27 pm »

Chairman,
It looks interesting, I'll try it out.
Thanks.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 06, 2011, 09:07:49 pm »

supreme ruler 2020? or 2010.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 07, 2011, 09:03:50 am »

A steampunk RPG or MMO where you build and control a massive tank. Battles would be slow and tactical like naval combat, timing salvos and reloading cannons, damage management and crew assignments.

The tanks would be built from parts like tracks, wheels, armor, crew compartments, engines, fuel storage and cargo space, making the shape completely freeform as long as it carries its own weight. Weapons could be mounted on the hull or different mounts, allowing different angles of rotation, weight and protection. The tank design would therefore affect viable tactics, maneuverability and robustness to keep moving with redundant components in case a track segment or engine gets destroyed.

I have thought about this a lot, and I think Rigs of Rods would be a potentially suitable engine due to its emphasis on physics and being open source. Things like trailers, cranes and hydraulics are already in it, so building a tank by melding several parts together and making rotatable turrets shouldn't be too hard. The game even does structural damage correctly, which means damaged vehicles ripping apart from exess stress!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 07, 2011, 09:34:05 am »

A very makeshift replacement for that would be garrys mod, building tanks and therelike. A lot more fiddly and glitchy then a real game of course, some mods help with it (like automatically giving your tank/probs a certain hp value)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 07, 2011, 10:07:21 am »

A very makeshift replacement for that would be garrys mod, building tanks and therelike. A lot more fiddly and glitchy then a real game of course, some mods help with it (like automatically giving your tank/probs a certain hp value)

Not really... unless ALL he wanted was to build really cruddy tanks. Gary's mod doesn't replace any game as it lacks one key component "It isn't a game" in the same way that "Adventure Game Creator" doesn't replace any adventure game.

There is no replacement for that since that type of technical game has LONG since died (Basically like those old Plane and Submarine Sims where you actually got a crew)

It is DEAD...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:10:28 am by Neonivek »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 07, 2011, 05:29:18 pm »

Tank game sounds good. I had a similar idea using "realistic" mechs: not the 30 foot tall bipeds that can strafe through city streets, but huge, low-slung, walking weapon platforms. Combat would take place anywhere from point-blank range (to fire line-of-sight weapons) to several kilometers (missiles and built-in artillery). Reconnaissance would be important to provide accurate targeting for your indirect weapons, and there would be plenty of smaller targets to destroy before you face off against an enemy mech.

Basically, walking Bolos.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 577