Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929268 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1245 on: July 25, 2012, 04:25:20 pm »

All the gameplay, none of the other people.
*Hugs*

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 25, 2012, 05:00:00 pm »

I had a similar thought about WoW. I'd love to tear through Azeroth using WoW's classes with an ARPG-level of power. Up the monster density, run have a roughly 75 or 100 hour campaign that runs across the world, and add some actual world-changing events (rather than having everything reset, or nothing change at all, because it's got to be there for the next guy).

I think it could work, although it would take more changes than I've glossed over here.

Mostly I think I just want to see each talent spec given a life and freedom in an ARPG. There really is some great variety and flavor between classes and even between talents specs within a class... or at least that was true at the tail end of WotLK before the Cataclysm talent changes. It's just that it all takes second fiddle to the realities of playing in an MMO: namely, the need to pull your weight and be effective. Some of that is lost as Blizzard constantly tweaks class mechanics, but most of it is crushed by players themselves, because There Can Be Only One Spec. (And Blizzard is complicit and even feeds that because they see what players are capable of, so they tune content for it, so players are forced into the most efficient specs for their class, and occasionally the most efficient class for their role.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:15:08 pm by Niveras »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 25, 2012, 08:11:53 pm »

Arma 2 but for the Napoleonic time period

... There doesn't seem to be nearly enough game set in the 16th-19th centuries that focus on musketry and all that.

What I REALLY hope will one day exist is a game that's all about creating fortresses that will be put to the test with realistic cannons and tactics
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:12 pm »

Don't worry, there's a mod for that!
Googled like a baws

Anyways, I'd rather have Arma 3. In a Napoleonic period.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 25, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »

touche sir, touche

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 25, 2012, 09:34:21 pm »

I want a strategy game set in the 7th century spanning europe and the middle east.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 25, 2012, 09:39:56 pm »

isn't there a game mod game/addon thingy for mount and blade called Napoleonic Wars?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVmNhwOxYI

I want to see a game that has conversations. Not what we have in most modern RPGs where you ask a question, and get a usually long response from the NPC, or you press the talk button, and they say one of five random quotes. Talking to NPCs just for fun, or because you need to gain their trust in some other way than giving them your murder victims pants.

Also, Ragdolls could be something more interesting than amusement when blown up. For one, I dislike in COD or KoA where you clip through bodies, so you can hide INSIDE a corpse, and other bodies go through them, too. So bodies (and player movement over them) recognizing each other as solids would be relly nice. Some way for characters to react to seeing the corpse or unconscious guy. Being able to drag them around, deus ex HR stlye to avoid people being alarmed would be cool too.

god, I seem to ramble, don't I?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:43:07 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 25, 2012, 09:47:35 pm »

I have Napoleonic Wars and I had M&M before that, but they aren't really..... polished shall I say? They're somewhat jury rigged. I'd like to see an epic game devoted entirely to the napoleonic era in ALL of it's awesomeness, epic ship combat, epic command, epic fortress building, epic etc. etc.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 25, 2012, 10:26:10 pm »

Wow. Any game designer who feels everything has been done should read this thread. Maybe not everything is within our tech; maybe not everything would sell; but it sure is a lot of ideas!
...feel free to use them!  :)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 25, 2012, 11:06:49 pm »

There's a lot of post-apocalyptic content out there, but...

I want to see a tabletop rpg set in near-future earth.  The setting is meticulously modeled after the most widely accepted predictions of environmental scientists of what our world will be like in 50-100 years, on the assumption that mankind makes no major behavioral adjustments or "green" technology breakthroughs to stop ecological destruction.  Emphasis on brutal realism.

The preface would simply read "Might as well start practicing."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 25, 2012, 11:12:54 pm »

gaahh, I still really want my idea on page ten!

someone, give me motivation to learn to program so I can make it!
motivation is hard to gain, but if makes you feel any better instead of wishing the game of my dreams existed, i picked up learning python and i'm currently trying to make it
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 26, 2012, 03:43:52 pm »

There's a lot of post-apocalyptic content out there, but...

I want to see a tabletop rpg set in near-future earth.  The setting is meticulously modeled after the most widely accepted predictions of environmental scientists of what our world will be like in 50-100 years, on the assumption that mankind makes no major behavioral adjustments or "green" technology breakthroughs to stop ecological destruction.  Emphasis on brutal realism.

The preface would simply read "Might as well start practicing."

So... tundra under a layer of radioactive dust? Resources become scarce, belts start tightening, people fight, we blow each other away, sun is blotted out, things get worse. Then again, 50-100 years is a bit soon for that.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 06, 2012, 11:17:44 pm »

I want a game set in the 16th century spanning Europe, the coasts of west africa, and parts of south america, where you play as a barbary corsair. Preferably with some awesome character creation choices. Be a dutch/english/anything else convert to islam seeking wealth! Coastal villages would be modelled, so you could actually go in and enslave entire villages, depopulating small islands. Sail to Iceland just because you can. Preferably have some sort of game mechanics where your actions can result in the Ottomans growing on the political map.

LibidoMax

• Bay Watcher
  • Noble in body and mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 26, 2012, 07:39:48 am »

A grand strategy game set in the Duniverse, with an emphasis on political intrigue and economics.
That which does not kill me...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 26, 2012, 07:46:47 pm »

A grand strategy game set in the Duniverse, with an emphasis on political intrigue and economics.
This game exists, its a browser based game that is very much inspired by Dune. Though I cant for the life of me remember what is it called.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 577