Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926819 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1320 on: October 30, 2012, 06:29:06 pm »

Already suggested that. Well, sans the paperwork crap : P
Nothing important here, move along.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 30, 2012, 06:32:55 pm »

-snippity snippit-
You could basically get this with an organised FPS group. Maybe take the initiative and set some of your own restrictions rather than wanting game makers to mechanically enforce them, that sort of stuff.

For example, see: ShackTactical. They do stuff like that all of the time, with rank structures, training, all that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:47 pm »

WoT, but it's an RTS with something similar to the Generals Challenge of C&C:G:ZH

Except you have a set roster of customizable tanks and tank crews and you increase it over time. Physics, armor, terrain, sight all that stuff is in there (except it works as it should :p).

Basically, I want an RTS with customizable tanks!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 30, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »

Damn it.  Thought I was being original for once. 
But still, I would love to see a FPS/TPS where you have to protect your supply lines, can sabatoge your enemies communicatiosn networks, assassinate key figures, and sabatoge enemy equipment, or your own even, if it might profit you. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 30, 2012, 06:55:34 pm »

Damn it.  Thought I was being original for once. 
But still, I would love to see a FPS/TPS where you have to protect your supply lines, can sabatoge your enemies communicatiosn networks, assassinate key figures, and sabatoge enemy equipment, or your own even, if it might profit you.
3/5 for RUSE I think. Minus the assassination and messing up your own stuff.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 30, 2012, 07:01:26 pm »

- FPS/TPS
ARMA (first) had something called International Campaign in multi, which had all of that -assassination

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 30, 2012, 07:06:24 pm »

- FPS/TPS
ARMA (first) had something called International Campaign in multi, which had all of that -assassination
Oh right, I didn't read that bit. Acronyms are boring and confusing.

Anyway, I don't think a FPS is going to have them wide-spreading tactical elements like a RTS would. Unless it was just mission based in which case we have a wide array of AAA shooters.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 30, 2012, 07:06:37 pm »

WoT, but it's an RTS with something similar to the Generals Challenge of C&C:G:ZH

Except you have a set roster of customizable tanks and tank crews and you increase it over time. Physics, armor, terrain, sight all that stuff is in there (except it works as it should :p).

Basically, I want an RTS with customizable tanks!

Gratuitous Tank Battles is perhaps the closest game to this. It's basically a tower defence game where you can also play as the other side and assault. It has a crazy amount of unit customisation. I haven't played it but I watched some videos and reviews seem decent.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205530/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

It appears my link to Roadside Picnic is no longer valid, but Wikipedia delivers with another.

It's a great read.  The first scene inside the zone is the most tension I have ever felt from a piece of literature.
Thanks for that! I think I'd still prefer to pick up the book though. I just prefer being able to lounge around my house with a book than sit at my computer/laptop which can be hard on my eyes. I may consider trying to print it out if I can get decent formatting for the text.

Update of teh old game 'Sword of the Samurai' with expanded everything and some neat graphics. That's the game I would like. Not some ninja/duel simulator with fantasy elements or something...

Just bloody, dirty Japan feudalism :V
I haven't played the game but if you're looking for something that model Japanese feudalism you might want to check out Paradox's Sengoku. It was precursor to Crusader Kings II and hasn't gotten near as much love. It's possibly still one of the more accurate game out there for the period though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/73210/

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 30, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »

An RPG (first-person as a single character ala Elder Scrolls or turn-based tactics controlling a whole party ala Helherron, which has hands-down the greatest tactical combat in any RPG I've ever played) where the world is procedurally generated, in particular various factions (anything from dynasties to religious orders to tribes to republics) rising, allying or going to war with each other, falling, and having civil wars (which spawn new factions) based on economic materialism and personal ambition; these conflicts then create quests and problems for the player to solve/exploit.

Basically, what DF is supposed to be like, except using it as a starting point rather than trying to squeeze it in later; and not treating entities as monolithic.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 31, 2012, 09:14:25 am »

-snippity snippit-

Yeah, suggested in a few ways.  Personally I'd prefer sans the ranking up causing game-mode changes.
Also, if all the privates are "other players" you'd have a sever newbie shortage towards the end of the game's lifespan, and a shortage of commanding officers on launch day.

Yannanth

« Reply #1330 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:35 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:58:43 pm by Yannanth »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1331 on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:29 am »

All the great games available for Windows, on the Linux desktop. Natively. :'(

Valve is working on it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 02, 2012, 10:20:22 am »

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 02, 2012, 10:36:53 am »

A game i wish existed would be a game that simulated a larger city, that works completely independently of the player. With its seperate political, economic and such system.
With a bit of wackiness. Basically the player explores this city and does whatever he wishes to. Meanwhile things happen everywhere. Gangs fight each other, the police works on things.
And in the labs, scientists constantly conduct experiments. Every citizen would have a simulated psyche. So a scientist who has done nothing but researching the same bacteria for years would possibly go mad and unleash it upon the city.

By doing anything i mean anything, no exceptions, no exceptions to life either. You would have bodily functions(yeah piss and poo and stuff, and sex drive) that you would have to keep in mind.
You could do anything. Act as socipathic as you want, with the added consequence of getting murdered or arrested and having your character arrested for multiple ingame years.

If there could be multiplayer, it would be awesome. Trying to bring down the virtual soceity or controlling and opressing it with your own homemade robots! There would even be progress in time, like if you play long enough a foreign nations force could invade the city and replace its goverment, or a disease could wipe out people or turn them into zombies, or you could start a civil war by assasinating all administrators of the city. A corperation could get their shizzle together and unleash an opressive robot regime upon the game world. Anything, seriously.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:17 am »

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410
Doesn't help much if most games dont support Linux.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 577