Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929162 times)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1875 on: February 19, 2013, 11:31:48 am »

i with there was a SWAT 5

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 19, 2013, 03:02:37 pm »

If someone makes a Warhammer 40K themed Planetside 2, along with the business model and everything, I don't think I'd play anything else for... well, for quite a long time.

Makes me kinda sad Games' Workshop is actively opposed to making money out of their IP.
I've thought this more than once.  Although I do wonder if such a game might have issues when it comes to factions - maybe too many of them to ensure an even spread of population (and the inevitable dismay if they limit it and don't include your favourite(s)).

Oho? They got to that egg before you did. It was in the works, but i think THQ had money troubles and it was changed to an rpg. I dont know whats happened to it in the current toss up though. I'll eat my hat if someone doesn't do something with clang and a moddable space sim when they come out.
There wasn't a huge amount of information on the WH40K MMO, but what I did read didn't make it sound terribly Planetside-like, it sounded more like the standard PvE/PvP dual model of MMO.  Might've still been fun (and if the single-player redirect survives THQ's crash and burn, it might still be fun), but it didn't sound like it was going to fulfil that particular desire.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:17 pm »

A faithful remake of The Legend of Zelda II, using the Smash Bros. engine. Preferably Melee, that's my favorite in the series so far :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:43 pm »

Another Animal Crossing game that has a good soundtracks and also creates nostalgia.
I feel like Wild World's soundtrack is probably the best so far, since the Wii one was basically the same.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 21, 2013, 09:49:58 am »

Another Animal Crossing game that has a good soundtracks and also creates nostalgia.
I feel like Wild World's soundtrack is probably the best so far, since the Wii one was basically the same.

I like the Gamecube's soundtrack way better to be honest.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 21, 2013, 09:53:55 am »

I felt like the more energetic track of the Gamecube AC didn't fit the game too well. It's a slow game and I preferred the calmer soundtrack to match.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 21, 2013, 09:56:37 am »

I felt like the more energetic track of the Gamecube AC didn't fit the game too well. It's a slow game and I preferred the calmer soundtrack to match.

Could just be nostalgia masking my opinion, I have fond memories of waking up early and being greeted by the early music as I start playing. I haven't played the newest one on the 3DS but the Wii one wasn't that great...they removed more stuff than they added.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 21, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »

Could just be nostalgia masking my opinion, I have fond memories of waking up early and being greeted by the early music as I start playing. I haven't played the newest one on the 3DS but the Wii one wasn't that great...they removed more stuff than they added.

Well, when I was a kid, I have fond memories of waking up early just to watch the computer screensaver. It was this guy, on an island, and he'd stand there, then every 30 seconds or so he'd do something different. Hmm, I should post that in the lost name of game thread and see if anyone can find me that screensaver...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 21, 2013, 04:02:41 pm »

Well, I was a bit late for the Gamecube, but I did get the DS pretty soon after it came out, and the first game was Animal Crossing Wild World. The DS was my first portable console, which meant that unlike the Playstation, I could play it in bed and nobody would be able to stop me. And play it in bed I did.
And so the night music in Wild World is nostalgia fuel for me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 21, 2013, 04:53:22 pm »

Well, I was a bit late for the Gamecube, but I did get the DS pretty soon after it came out, and the first game was Animal Crossing Wild World. The DS was my first portable console, which meant that unlike the Playstation, I could play it in bed and nobody would be able to stop me. And play it in bed I did.

The response in my head was "What about the Gameboy Pocket?!" and then I was struck with the sudden realization that I am getting older... o.O

Speaking of nostalgia, I remember when the second generation consoles came out when I was in the fifth grade. Time for Kids had some neat articles, and relating the technological progress to progress toward exploring glorious, undiscovered possibilities and bettering mankind!

Man, the Old World was awesome. :P

I want The Guild 2 combined with Harvest Moon Rune Factory, Minecraft, and maybe Don't Starve in a post-apocalyptic steampunk setting.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 21, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »

Deleticated.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:28:07 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 21, 2013, 05:36:44 pm »

The response in my head was "What about the Gameboy Pocket?!" and then I was struck with the sudden realization that I am getting older... o.O

Speaking of nostalgia, I remember when the second generation consoles came out when I was in the fifth grade. Time for Kids had some neat articles, and relating the technological progress to progress toward exploring glorious, undiscovered possibilities and bettering mankind!

Man, the Old World was awesome. :P

I want The Guild 2 combined with Harvest Moon Rune Factory, Minecraft, and maybe Don't Starve in a post-apocalyptic steampunk setting.

There there, you're not getting old, everyone else is just getting younger. But ya, I remeber getting my gameboy pocket in the hospital. I didn't have the old clunky gameboy before that, but I had a friend who did. I also remeber marvelling at the graphics on my SNES, I kid you not. You could barely see the pixels! It was intense stuff man.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 21, 2013, 05:47:48 pm »

Anyone remember the giant cheat console things that were as big as the gameboy?

Anyways, I'd like a non cube-based minecraft, frankly people make awesome stuff, and with the power of 360 degrees of rotation and maybe some non cube-based building mats (3d part editor?) I think some pure amazingness would happen.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 21, 2013, 06:54:17 pm »

theres lords of uberdark, which i backed back then when we trusted kickstarter... development has been kinda slow and unimpressive

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 21, 2013, 07:01:20 pm »

If I were you I'd treat kickstarter as either donating to charity or gambling - you're supporting a (theoretically) good cause, or you're *spending* money for fun. In either case, don't really expect anything physical back out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 577