Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926857 times)

Hoverdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLife
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1905 on: February 22, 2013, 05:16:32 pm »

Master of Magic 2.

A modern Darklands reimagination that maintains the randomness and feel of the original while improving combat (TURN-BASED!) and accessibility. Or a Darklands/Realms of Arkania hybrid - essentially, an adventuring party simulator.

A game, any game, by reorganized Troika.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 22, 2013, 07:51:34 pm »

A shooter with RE4-style controls (with mouse support >:() based on time travel. There aren't any cutscenes; you only get a short briefing from your time-insulated commander about the changes brought about by your activities in the last mission. Most of the story will unfold organically during the missions, a la Half Life. Paying attention to things around you is rewarded, as performing different actions will affect the plot in many unpredictable ways that can be hard to discover.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 22, 2013, 08:06:35 pm »

And it would have an obligatory mission where you shoot Hitler, changing absolutely nothing for some reason.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 22, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »

And it would have an obligatory mission where you shoot Hitler, changing absolutely nothing for some reason.
Hitler decoy. Either you shot the decoy, or the Nazi government claimed you shot a decoy and brought out a replacement.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:54 pm »

Or you kill him, and the replacement is more competent and wins WWII, causing you to have to go back again and stop your former self from assassinating him.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 22, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »

I was hoping there was going to be some sorta, 'Send in the Clowns' gif but with Hitler... instead of clowns.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 22, 2013, 10:31:39 pm »

I just remembered an idea that came up at my D&D game some weeks ago:

There needs to be some sort of wrestling game made in the style of the Saint's Row series, where you can make and customize your own wrestler, competing in tournaments and getting into fights outside of the ring, leading to grudge matches. And, of course, you'd be able to completely customize your costume and moveset (possibly even being able to create your own moves) and voice (there would absolutely need to be one that insists on calling everyone "brother".)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 22, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »

There needs to be some sort of wrestling game made in the style of the Saint's Row series, where you can make and customize your own wrestler, competing in tournaments and getting into fights outside of the ring, leading to grudge matches. And, of course, you'd be able to completely customize your costume and moveset (possibly even being able to create your own moves) and voice (there would absolutely need to be one that insists on calling everyone "brother".)
I don't want to do this...
But... http://www.mdickie.com/downloads.htm
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 23, 2013, 12:19:34 am »

You are a bad person and you should feel bad.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 23, 2013, 06:27:11 am »

You are a bad person and you should feel bad.
I know, but at least once of his games does actually have all of those things.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 23, 2013, 01:14:30 pm »

Honestly, I think a Harry Potter MMORPG would be pretty sweet. It should emphasize problem solving and teamwork over "kill X amount of monster Y and bring Z drop". You pick your House and gain experience in working with different areas of magic.
Or, I suppose this could do just as well outside the HP universe. The important bits are, you should advance solely or most quickly by beating up monsters (if that's the case, why are you going to school?), and the school should be huge and you should have free reign to explore it and the surrounding area. (Although maybe it shouldn't be quite a wide open sandbox, per say. Some portions of the school and the world should be unlocked gradually throughout the game(s).)
I recommend that you think on this idea more seriously after you read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

Because holyshit it does awesome things with the HP universe, pokes fun at the books, and takes the plot where it wants to go.  You'd want to design a game where those possibilities exist, as well as even more.
Not just where those possibilities exist, but where Greater Harry has already finished all his 7 epic years of Hogwarts without dieing or being exiled and has sent the entire government and magical world into progressive chaos! Suddenly, your magical schooling is no longer a goal in itself but instead one epic tutorial you barely notice is even a tutorial that prepares you for fighting the deathless war in service of the glorious Light Lord Scientist Potter-Evans-Verres! In which your job is to use your many powers of technology and magic to break down the masquerade, overthrow the corrupt, and bring about a new age of understanding and wonder.

Which, of course, primarily values making good choices a la King of Dragon Pass and Planescape:Torment, but with other interesting game systems either cloaking it (such as a first-person shooter mode for missions, schools games, or the School Armies) or acting as resources for it (like the ad-lib magic systems in those forum games lately and long ago, where experimentation is key*). It would make a hard game...a thoughtful game...a game that makes you greater than you were before; much like the work it would be based on. (Not the work the work is based on; that's too much of a children's book).

*I recall published games exist like this, but I can't seem to remember any of them...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 23, 2013, 01:45:45 pm »

Not just where those possibilities exist, but where Greater Harry has already finished all his 7 epic years of Hogwarts without dieing or being exiled and has sent the entire government and magical world into progressive chaos! Suddenly, your magical schooling is no longer a goal in itself but instead one epic tutorial you barely notice is even a tutorial that prepares you for fighting the deathless war in service of the glorious Light Lord Scientist Potter-Evans-Verres! In which your job is to use your many powers of technology and magic to break down the masquerade, overthrow the corrupt, and bring about a new age of understanding and wonder.

Which, of course, primarily values making good choices a la King of Dragon Pass and Planescape:Torment, but with other interesting game systems either cloaking it (such as a first-person shooter mode for missions, schools games, or the School Armies) or acting as resources for it (like the ad-lib magic systems in those forum games lately and long ago, where experimentation is key*). It would make a hard game...a thoughtful game...a game that makes you greater than you were before; much like the work it would be based on. (Not the work the work is based on; that's too much of a children's book).

*I recall published games exist like this, but I can't seem to remember any of them...

Oh god yes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 23, 2013, 08:27:57 pm »

Oh god yes.

this is amazing indeed

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 23, 2013, 08:55:52 pm »

An Elder Scrolls-style fantasy RPG set in something other than the "All-In-One European Fantasy Starter Box". While Skyrim is pretty cool with its vikings, I want to see something really out there that's never been done before. Something along Native American lines, or tribal Africa, or something that I haven't thought of yet. Morrowind is pretty close to what I mean, with the Ashlander tribes, dust storms, volcanoes, and long lonely treks across barren wastelands.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 23, 2013, 11:35:40 pm »

An Elder Scrolls-style fantasy RPG set in something other than the "All-In-One European Fantasy Starter Box". While Skyrim is pretty cool with its vikings, I want to see something really out there that's never been done before. Something along Native American lines, or tribal Africa, or something that I haven't thought of yet. Morrowind is pretty close to what I mean, with the Ashlander tribes, dust storms, volcanoes, and long lonely treks across barren wastelands.

The thing is that people want dragons to punch in the face.

The problem is that AAA doesn't realize that there are mesoamerican dragons.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 577