Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929246 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1950 on: February 26, 2013, 12:05:35 am »

On-topic, I want to see a parkour racing game set in dangerous environments where you can trip and shove your opponents in to deadly obstacles and off of rooftops. The animations should be motion captured, but with limited amounts of procedurally-applied variation so that they don't start to look robotic after a while.

Mirror's Edge: Blood Bowl Edition
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:53 pm »

I put expectation on Ultima Ratio Regum for being a promising-looking open-world type game. Like Dwarf Fortress but more serious and generally more focused around the individual character.

I completely agree. Personally, I can't wait for its completion.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 02, 2013, 12:33:45 am »

Something like L4D, but instead of zombies it's werewolves. Infection spreads by bite, infectees develop violent human-eating behaviour, but basically every single enemy is a hunter/tank. It would be very difficult.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 02, 2013, 06:13:05 pm »

A fighting game, set in Ancient Greece, where you can customize your character, and use various fighting styles, like wrestling, pankration, etc. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 02, 2013, 11:14:19 pm »

A game where one player plays from an RTS omniscient godcam point of view, while the other players, all against the first one, play from an FPS point of view.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1955 on: March 02, 2013, 11:18:00 pm »

A fighting game, set in Ancient Greece, where you can customize your character, and use various fighting styles, like wrestling, pankration, etc.
I wrestle, and I agree that that would be epic.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 02, 2013, 11:36:09 pm »

A game where one player plays from an RTS omniscient godcam point of view, while the other players, all against the first one, play from an FPS point of view.

There's this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Grip:_The_Oppression

And this:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-master-2

Both are source mods, it was a rather popular genre ideal back when HL2 modding was all the rage but very few projects finished and it was mostly forgotten about.

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:43 am »

Try Savage XR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWSPdINFddI

http://www.savagexr.com/

1 player play RTS as commander , others play FPS against another team.
It's free and keep update.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:20:22 am by cibo »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 03, 2013, 01:26:12 am »

Dunno, the video made it look like someone plays RTS with option to take control of a single unit.

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 03, 2013, 01:37:27 am »

Dunno, the video made it look like someone plays RTS with option to take control of a single unit.

There are 14 players in that film.
2 commanders and others play fps.
That video just wanna show you when commander build something or give order to fps players how it look like in each screen.

You can't switch screen or even jump to other player's view in game actually.
But you can play fps or rts anytime in game if no one take commander seat.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:39:19 am by cibo »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 03, 2013, 01:42:25 am »

Hmm. I may check this out. I was thinking something along the lines of one guy is on his own with NPC minions and top down cam, and the entire other team is first-person-shooting live players.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 03, 2013, 01:47:24 am »

There's also Natural Selection II and Nuclear Dawn (which is dead sadly) incase you don't know about them. In both of those it's two FPS teams fighting against each other with a commander that takes a RTS view and assists the teams. Not quite what you're looking for but close. 

The new Dungeonland release has an omnipotent player-controlled dungeon master who has to kill other players who take a more aRPG control. It's also not quite what you're looking for but close enough to mention. 

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 03, 2013, 06:45:17 am »

The new Dungeonland release has an omnipotent player-controlled dungeon master who has to kill other players who take a more aRPG control. It's also not quite what you're looking for but close enough to mention.

I think it was that game that a friend of me warned about as being obviously a money grab (and terrible).

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 03, 2013, 02:49:46 pm »

Standard WWII shooter meets Valve storytelling meets to-the-dot historical accuracy meets unbiased representation of all countries involved, and it takes you through every major battle of World War II as either the Axis or the Allies. No made-up subplots about Nazi superscience, no "one man army" levels (like 80% of Medal of Honor: Frontline), just a retelling of the entire war from both sides using the real people who were involved.

Or, something similar in set Vietnam. Beating Conflict: Vietnam only makes me long for a good Vietnam game, not "We're totally not trying to cash in on Full Metal Jacket, I mean come on really". Considering all this amazing technology we have both presently and coming up, there's no technical reason not to retell the story of the Vietnam War. Especially since Spec Ops: The Line is getting quite a large following.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1964 on: March 03, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »

Or, something similar in set Vietnam. Beating Conflict: Vietnam only makes me long for a good Vietnam game, not "We're totally not trying to cash in on Full Metal Jacket, I mean come on really". Considering all this amazing technology we have both presently and coming up, there's no technical reason not to retell the story of the Vietnam War. Especially since Spec Ops: The Line is getting quite a large following.
Try Vietcong. Its a bit dated, and very hard, but it rocks so hard.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 577