Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929446 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2310 on: May 21, 2013, 07:18:09 pm »

A comment on the video had the best idea: five-on-five team deathmatch. One person on each team plays at a time, with the roles of the previous "lives" ran by the AI until they become "unlinked", at which point the original player of that life regains control.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #2311 on: May 23, 2013, 05:09:41 am »

no ideas at the moment, so PTW as this thread is filled with some nice ideas :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 23, 2013, 06:58:06 am »

I'd like a game where you're dropped into a randomly generated maze, with random item drops, and all the while, you're being stalked by a hungry minotaur. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 23, 2013, 07:13:05 am »

no ideas at the moment, so PTW as this thread is filled with some nice ideas :D

This thread is BLOATING with epic ideas.
If you feel like going through the 157 pages so far.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2314 on: May 23, 2013, 08:02:32 am »

I'd like a game where you're dropped into a randomly generated maze, with random item drops, and all the while, you're being stalked by a hungry minotaur.
I'm actually pretty sure there is an indie dungeon crawler that is exactly like that out right now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 23, 2013, 10:33:28 am »

I'm pretty sure there's a dungeon crawler from the dawn of PC gaming that's exactly like that.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:05 am »

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 23, 2013, 11:21:50 am »

Referring back to my older post about Pokemon mixing with more genres than they've been so far...

Pokemon Might and Magic Versions are a spin-off Pokemon and Might&Magic: Heroes crossover, combining elements of RPG and TBS. It features Pokemon from the first five six generations.

In this game, the player takes a role of a Hero (Conquest-style) in the chosen town...Type, which dictates Pokemon that can be encountered around the town. Town types include, but are not limited to Tower (Ghost-types), Power Plant (Electric-types) and Conflux (Eeveelutions, Castform, Rotom and whatnot).

The game's battle system draws both from Pokemon itself and HoMM/MMH, with stacks (multiple Pokemon occupying the same tile on the battlefield) and Hero and Pokemon leveling system, similar to Heroes' III In the Wake of Gods mod, where creature stacks could gain experience in battle, resulting in stat boosts and even new abilities.
Stacks of Pokemon can have up to 4 moves and certain passive abilities, both from Pokemon and HoMM, ranging from stuff like Overgrowth and Magic Guard to Strike And Return or No Retaliation.

In a similar fashion to HoMM, aside from fighting, you're also collecting resources and building your town(s), capturing resource mines and various artifacts and items.
Unlike in Heroes however, in order to build a dwelling, in which you can "recruit" Pokemon, you have to "trap" them in-battle using a special Hero ability (available to all Heroes), which gets more effective as the Pokemon have less health remaining. (just make sure you don't overkill them). If you successfully trap them, they get added to your Hero's army.

Once you get a certain amount of said Pokemon, you can leave them in your town for a week (as the game uses Heroes' 1 turn = 1 day system) and they'll breed in that time by a certain amount.

Some Pokemon however, are made in towns, HoMM-style.
Once a Pokemon stack has reached a certain level it will evolve (unless it's using a different evolution method, in which case you have to use a certain item).

You can always buy Rare Candies, though.
On the subject of items, there are both battle items (like Potions and Berries) and passive items (think artifacts) that unlike in Pokemon games are held by the Hero. (however one can "bind" the item to a target stack if it has such an effect)

Berries can be grown in towns as well.

To make it feel truly like a crossover, you'd also have some sort of Heroes character appearing in the game. (strong candidates being Kastore, Gelu, Crag Hack and Sandro, for me at least)

Basically a Pokemon mod for WoG.
Also, not entirely sure what would be the difference between Might Version and Magic Version, but I figured it would be a good idea to name the game that way. :P

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 23, 2013, 12:23:07 pm »

New version of Carmageddon.... Close to the original one in style 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 23, 2013, 03:44:39 pm »

Based on a comment on the Deadpool gameplay trailer:

Typical action game. Don't matter which one or which style or anything. Something generic with loads and loads of eye candy, bullets everywhere and some randomness to avoid boringness.
Twist: you're the cameraman.

You have to get great videos and not die. You publish videos on the net, people (real people maybe?) like them, and you earn virtual money from that. Use the money to unlock armor, better cameras, and new warzones.

Awesomeness to the power of eleven if you insert that gameplay in full PvP game.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 23, 2013, 05:03:35 pm »

That sounds like it might either be Ok or it might suck.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 23, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »

New version of Carmageddon.... Close to the original one in style

Carmageddon Reincarnation

Though I don't know if it quite meets what you mean. I don't remember much about 1 but I think I liked 2 better because civvies were actual models you could dismember rather than flat 2D sprites. There's a video at the link (update 20), looks like the plan is more of a Carma 2 with higher definition graphics.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 23, 2013, 05:12:25 pm »

I think I've seen that before.

What does "soul release mode" do? ???
Basically lets move the camera about and look around without actually moving yourself(ie, remote viewing; you are a psychic in that game). Kinda useless since assassins will still attack the VIP while you're doing it, and assassins will only ever spawn near your VIP, so there's no point in scouting ahead(plus, your VIP wanders randomly anyway).

A bigger, more professional incarnation of Black Shades would be nice, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 23, 2013, 09:05:15 pm »

My idea is a sort of RPG / dungeon crawl, with a large amount of customization, in a large tower. The game would focus largely on elemental magic. The tower will have magically altered spatial properties, so the individual floors can be extremely large. You'd start off in an underground village, cut off from the outside world. The only way for them to be free is for a champion to ascend to the top of the tower. Each floor will be themed around either a single element, or a combination of two elements. I have com up with eleven elements, so when I do the math I get eleven floors with one element, plus another fifty-five, each with a combination of two, and two more floors, one for the entrance and a sort of rooftop for the boss. So that gives a total of 68 floors. Each one should take between 15 minutes if you're over leveled and rushing through, to up to 45 if you search out all the collectibles. The floors will generally move from the 11 single element floors, to the element combinations that make sense, to the most dangerous floors, which would be those with conflicting elements.
For example, the floor with the elements fire and dark will create a Hell floor, with scorched terrain, demonic enemies, and many fire and cursing attacks. Fire and water, would create a Steam floor, with enemies like steam elementals or maybe steampunkesque automatons. And a water and dark would create an Abyssal floor, with constricting corridors, dark rooms, aquatic enemies, and dangerous swims through submerged pipes, to promote that frantic drowning feeling.
And finally, is character development. Rather than loot, as you defeat enemies and beat floors you'd gain Class points, which unlock new class abilities, Magic points, which unlock new spells, and Weapon points, which evolve your weapon. I'm thinking that the Class and Magic points would be able to spend in any part of the tree you have unlocked, where weapon points form a more linear path; each weapon would give you two choices to upgrade, and when you level up your weapon and pick one, you can't turn back.
And that, is my mothertrucking essay on a very hypothetical scenario if I was a game developer.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2324 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:36 pm »

My idea is a sort of RPG / dungeon crawl, with a large amount of customization, in a large tower. The game would focus largely on elemental magic. The tower will have magically altered spatial properties, so the individual floors can be extremely large. You'd start off in an underground village, cut off from the outside world. The only way for them to be free is for a champion to ascend to the top of the tower. Each floor will be themed around either a single element, or a combination of two elements. I have com up with eleven elements, so when I do the math I get eleven floors with one element, plus another fifty-five, each with a combination of two, and two more floors, one for the entrance and a sort of rooftop for the boss. So that gives a total of 68 floors. Each one should take between 15 minutes if you're over leveled and rushing through, to up to 45 if you search out all the collectibles. The floors will generally move from the 11 single element floors, to the element combinations that make sense, to the most dangerous floors, which would be those with conflicting elements.
For example, the floor with the elements fire and dark will create a Hell floor, with scorched terrain, demonic enemies, and many fire and cursing attacks. Fire and water, would create a Steam floor, with enemies like steam elementals or maybe steampunkesque automatons. And a water and dark would create an Abyssal floor, with constricting corridors, dark rooms, aquatic enemies, and dangerous swims through submerged pipes, to promote that frantic drowning feeling.
And finally, is character development. Rather than loot, as you defeat enemies and beat floors you'd gain Class points, which unlock new class abilities, Magic points, which unlock new spells, and Weapon points, which evolve your weapon. I'm thinking that the Class and Magic points would be able to spend in any part of the tree you have unlocked, where weapon points form a more linear path; each weapon would give you two choices to upgrade, and when you level up your weapon and pick one, you can't turn back.
And that, is my mothertrucking essay on a very hypothetical scenario if I was a game developer.
I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 577