Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926847 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2550 on: June 22, 2013, 02:10:19 pm »

A real-time strategy about atoms and all kinds of molecular warfare.

The only way you can interact with your "units" is by attraction, and all the chemical reactions that could happen between the compounds you would be able to create. (you can assemble atoms from scratch ie. elementary particles, which would cost you something, I guess. (mind you I haven't studied chemistry higher than organic, so stuff like proteins, carbohydrates and fats are the most sophisticated subject you could somewhat successfully talk about with me)

I know that it'd be unfair in multiplayer, especially if you were against someone who knew to create titin and whatnot, but I guess...

Also, obligatory Antimatter expansion pack. (NOT DLC!)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 23, 2013, 03:33:34 am »

someone who knew to create titin and whatnot, but I guess...
Have fun playing for years to get it right.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: June 23, 2013, 04:51:54 am »

someone who knew to create titin and whatnot, but I guess...
Have fun playing for years to get it right.

Could make for a "fun" (!FUN!) boss-type thing, though.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 23, 2013, 07:01:11 am »

A real-time strategy about atoms and all kinds of molecular warfare.

The only way you can interact with your "units" is by attraction, and all the chemical reactions that could happen between the compounds you would be able to create. (you can assemble atoms from scratch ie. elementary particles, which would cost you something, I guess. (mind you I haven't studied chemistry higher than organic, so stuff like proteins, carbohydrates and fats are the most sophisticated subject you could somewhat successfully talk about with me)

I know that it'd be unfair in multiplayer, especially if you were against someone who knew to create titin and whatnot, but I guess...

Also, obligatory Antimatter expansion pack. (NOT DLC!)

Heh. I was imagining telekinesis based first person science dueling to teach kids about elements myself. I imagine you'd really respect your teacher :L.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: June 23, 2013, 03:34:11 pm »

I'd love to see more games with telekinesis based combat
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: June 26, 2013, 11:35:38 am »

An RPG set in some high fantasy universe full of magic and !FUN! and other generic goodies.
The twist?

You use the Rubik's Cube to perform attacks. You have to either make specific or general shapes to perform attacks.

When you make a 3x1 row of a given color, you use one of your attacks. (depending on the color of the row, could be magical)
Once you make an attack the cube scrambles itself. (so that you have to think of a new combination)

Scoring a full side of a cube (3x3) will guarantee a more powerful attack.
You can also get "combo" attacks by combining multiple sides of the cube at once. (for instance combining red and yellow sides might result in a "Firestorm", which damages multiple enemies at once and deals damage over time)

If you somehow manage to combine all 6 sides of the cube you will perform your "Ultimate" type of attack, which can guarantee you victory.

It's worth noting that ALL enemies fight using the Rubik's Cubes, so the combat might be a bit slow-paced.
Multiplayer of sorts included.

Depending on the difficulty the cube might be easier or harder to properly turn (where sometimes you might do a simple two turns to score an Ultimate whereas the other day pulling off even a normal attack might be hard).

Either that, or a trading-card game like Magic: The Gathering or Pokemon TCG based on Mau Mau. (with some twists)

This happens when those two are the only things happening in the very last days of school.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: June 26, 2013, 01:09:07 pm »

Sounds like Puzzle Pirates, where there's a puzzle and something more interesting is going on in the background while you solve it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: June 26, 2013, 01:37:53 pm »

The more I think about it, the enchanted Rubik's Cube would make for a fun artifact in some other game or universe.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: June 26, 2013, 04:34:22 pm »

The more I think about it, the enchanted Rubik's Cube would make for a fun artifact in some other game or universe.
There's a Rubik's Cube in Zenoclash. Not sure if its enchanted or whatever.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: June 26, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »

A Hunger Games roguelike. Probably not an original idea, and perhaps even been made, but I can find nothing of the sort.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: June 27, 2013, 01:53:21 am »

A Fallout roguelike

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:35 am »

A Fallout roguelike

*cough*Cata*cough*

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 27, 2013, 08:32:36 am »

Cataclysm is more of a Dawn of the Dead roguelike then a Fallout roguelike. A Fallout roguelike would have more of a focus on NPCs, long-term survival, and deserts. I know Cataclysm will have these at some point, but I imagine Fallout roguelike having them from the start.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: June 27, 2013, 10:24:46 am »

A Fallout roguelike
try out caves of qud

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:11 am »

Dwarf Fortress 1.00?

Also, I really want an RPG that could be rando-/procedurally generated game, that let you really influence things, and built everything from parts - vehicles, buildings, items, even creatures.  Fantasy, modern, sci-fi... doesn't matter.

So, like, you could design a sweet base, installing an armory, storage and barracks and stuff, or maybe a massive palatial house just to show off.  All the buildings would be built off the same system, too.  Similarly, you could make your own items - pre-existing items basically being the exact same thing, pre-designed - by arranging the parts on your own, swapping out barrels and power sources and magic gems and power sources or whatever you wanted (the thing I always envision with this thing is a giant metal spear-thing you plant someplace, with a big outer casing to keep out weather and deployable ground-latchy things like the Siege Tank has, that acts as a teleporter beacon).  It's efficiency, reliability, and all that would be determined, for the most part, how well your design is - though, maybe some kind of skill would play a part in it.  Similarly, individual items might be better or worse than the base design, depending on who built it - some-guy with [craftskill] 0, or a master craftsman with a huge [craftskill].  Vehicles might be built with the same system, and you could, say, finding a wagon or an APC or something, and slowly tricking it out with a bigger engines, a rare power source, or just more armor plating or whatever.  And if you could get a production center going, you could sell these things to the NPC populace, and it would actually appear in the world.

Like... say, the world starts with normal old iron weapons.  You find fictional-element-x, and you discover it makes a better alloy when mixed with iron.  You now are the inventor of... mithril, or ToadyOneium, or whatever you want to call it.  Now maybe you find some magical crystals.  You could make a staff out of ToadyOneium, stick a magic crystal in it, fiddle with some gubbins to so it shoots straight, scatters more/less, and has a more efficient magic-layzer-output, and then get a building full of people to start cranking them out.  Suddenly, your town local town has magic laser gunwandthings.  If your gunwandthings are easy to make, you'd have basically started the shift of warfare from spears/arrows to guns.

Making creatures out of parts would make it easy to do stuff like make crazy monsters, new races, or body-part-damage.  You could modify creatures in a genetics lab or something, adding wings to scorpions or lionfish quills to bears, or make a genetic abomination from scratch ("more muscles!  Bigger claws!  Holy crap this digestive system I designed is terrible, let's make it better!  More arms!  Lasers in it's eyes!")... or maybe some kind of super-worm that reinvigorates the world's flora after some kind of apocalypse... or maybe just making the ubermensch, who might eventually take over the world's cities and population...  If an arm got hacked off, you could build a robo-arm (with the aforementioned crafting thing :D ) to replace it... or just to gloat, you could kill whoever did it, take his arm, and use that instead.

I'd also like the ability to organize groups, guilds and factions, and have a personality thing, like DF has, as well... every NPC you meet would react to you based off of it.  Depending on personality, kings might rather go to war than negotiate peace.  Small factions would exist in the game - unions, guilds, like I said.  A given group could be anything... Robin Hood's bandits, a cabal of conspirators, bloodthirsty thugs, a neighborhood watch, maybe an independent adventuring party.  You could ask any of these dudes to join you or work for you or whatever... every NPC has their own stats, and such.  ...This sounds pretty much just Future-plans-DF, so yeah.

I guess the TL;DR of it is that I want a super-dynamic world you can see and play in, detailed enough that you can play it through a single character's eyes.

This.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 577