Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926815 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2595 on: July 02, 2013, 08:25:06 pm »

Two teams of three. One has a Gravity Gun. One has a Portal Gun. One has a Medigun/Wrench.

The maps are large, complex, and covered in items that react to these "guns". They mostly aren't polarized between teams- instead, it's more of a natural environment.

In particular, matches might take the form of scavenger hunts, point capture, and possibly environment fighting.

Players might be robots, which simplifies the Medigun to a repair tool, which justifies it modifying the environment and damaging enemies. As a result, the "tech" unit is now as powerful as the Grav unit, which can move and manipulate much larger things and is likely the most powerful straight combat unit. The Portal unit can also manipulate the world by creating passages for fluids (as seen in Portal 2), by multiplying the mobility of its allies, and by flinging enemies into new, suddenly-generated pits.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: July 02, 2013, 08:26:20 pm »

The storyline is hopefully something along the lines of "player discovers x, slowly finds evidence of y, gets a hold of z, and eventually solves humanity. Or whatever. And the three or so people destined to go down this path. My idea is that in order to continue the storyline, then you must first find the corpse of your last character. Or at least reattain the items once they are scattered across the kingdom/continent/world/space and time. That way it's like you get to play out the lives of the second+ characters prior to their life-changing discovery

Ok, I will tell you that there are elements of GENIUS! in here.

I certainly would love to play a game where you are an Archiologist in the future from the games main setting... and you play the game by finding the bodies of dead adventurers.

And you can only continue their story by finding more artifacts and bodies... heck the world could only be as large as your knowledge of the ancient world.

Honestly there is soo much that could be done with that premise.

DANG IT MAN OF PAPER! Now I want to play that game!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: July 03, 2013, 11:05:28 pm »

I Always wanted a political take over game where your the Secret head of a militia wing of anti government soldiers, general secretary of a political party, and a buisness group.

Using organizations you order them to destabalize and yake over your government from foreigners who were installed due to outaide forces.

At the same time recruiting and making sure your subordinate leaders are hapy an not g rouge/defect.

Kinda like republic the revolution but more rts like.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: July 03, 2013, 11:12:51 pm »

I've always wanted a mecha game with insane levels of combat ability- almost like two mecha battling on a DF-esque engine. THis way, the mecha can take damage to all their systems rather than just have scratched up armor or randomly explode after a set amount of damage, and combat is more interesting- did that enemy just KICK ME IN THE FACE? ((Destroying my eye-camera and damaging some internal systems, making combat much harder and somewhat riskier?))

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 04, 2013, 12:27:36 am »

I Always wanted a political take over game where your the Secret head of a militia wing of anti government soldiers, general secretary of a political party, and a buisness group.

Using organizations you order them to destabalize and yake over your government from foreigners who were installed due to outaide forces.

At the same time recruiting and making sure your subordinate leaders are hapy an not g rouge/defect.

Yeah I always wanted the ultimate revolution simulator, with levels of warfare and all the great stuff necessary to properly simulate a civil war/revolution.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »

If it ends up like a bigger Liberal Crime Squad I will be happy. I don't think I could play something like that if it took itself seriously.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: July 04, 2013, 06:27:30 pm »

I want Dwarf Fortress' gameplay set in Majesty: A Fantasy Kingdom Sim's world, with Crusader's castle building mechanics.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 04, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »

Reverse Arkham City. Perform GTA-style missions in Arkham, knowing that every time you so much as raise your voice you're risking having the shit beat out of you by an invisible, seemingly invincible beast made out of fists and a desire to punch you and everything you hold dear.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: July 05, 2013, 03:19:46 am »

A fighting and racing game in the same vibe as Rayman M/Rayman Arena (same game, different titles) set in the Pokemon universe. (Pokemon Generations is something to look out for in that respect)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: July 05, 2013, 03:34:24 am »

Reverse Arkham City. Perform GTA-style missions in Arkham, knowing that every time you so much as raise your voice you're risking having the shit beat out of you by an invisible, seemingly invincible beast made out of fists and a desire to punch you and everything you hold dear.
both singleplayer and multiplayer.
The singleplayer is based around joining the best gang around (the joker, pingu...) and staying alive while gaining money. At any moment notice, your boss can be broken in half by The Bat, and you're back to zero.
Multiplayer is one batman and a lot of gangsters. Exactly like Arkham battles, but with humans opponents, making bat's life much much harder. But also more !!FUN!!. A "juggernaut" game mode basically.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 05, 2013, 11:20:16 am »

Jeopardy Chess.

The board is made up of Jeopardy categories and dollar amounts. When you move to a square you have to answer a question. Answer it right and you get that dollar value. Answer it wrong and you lose that dollar value. When you move to take an opponent's piece, you answer the question for the square as usual, but if you get it wrong, YOU lose your piece and theirs stays. The Daily Double Square allows you to risk you piece that lands on the square. If you get it right, you regain any one piece and replace it in it's original position.

There would be 8 categories and 8 dollar values. Dollar values reverse for each person obviously. For example, the first square would be $100 question for one person and $800 for the opponent.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 05, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »

YES
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 06, 2013, 12:36:56 pm »

"Star Wars" Majesty.

Just that. Could even be a mod :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: July 06, 2013, 01:07:24 pm »

"Star Wars" Majesty.

Just that. Could even be a mod :D
I'm just.... an Ewoooookk...... *dies*

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: July 06, 2013, 01:44:35 pm »

Jeopardy Chess.

The board is made up of Jeopardy categories and dollar amounts. When you move to a square you have to answer a question. Answer it right and you get that dollar value. Answer it wrong and you lose that dollar value. When you move to take an opponent's piece, you answer the question for the square as usual, but if you get it wrong, YOU lose your piece and theirs stays. The Daily Double Square allows you to risk you piece that lands on the square. If you get it right, you regain any one piece and replace it in it's original position.

There would be 8 categories and 8 dollar values. Dollar values reverse for each person obviously. For example, the first square would be $100 question for one person and $800 for the opponent.

Genius, and !!Fun!!. You've got me thinking of playing a realistic average guy cyberpunk game with extra spice. Would that ever be roguelike material.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 577