Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929179 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2880 on: August 19, 2013, 04:12:28 am »

Hey, HugoLuman
Something like "Barkley - Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden", but with action gameplay and a massive budget.

You mean the game that's being developed right now?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: August 19, 2013, 07:14:53 am »

Well tanks with legs do are silly with current tech, at least bipedal ones, which would be extra silly anyway. However legged vehicles could theoretically be useful under some environments.

Legged vehicles have no purpose. Better just to use helicopters or something.
Care to explain your profound logic? Because things like, I don't know, reality seems to conflict with your point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2V8GFqk_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2V8GFqk_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2V8GFqk_Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftV2HeKPeBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftV2HeKPeBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftV2HeKPeBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0s7aRUIoTw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptyV1cpE14o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqMVg5ixhd0
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:52:07 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: August 19, 2013, 07:58:48 am »

Legged vehicles have no military purpose. They can be very useful if you need to move heavy things around.
Sounds like someone's never heard of logistics.
Aren't DARPA developing that quadrupedal robot for the purpose of moving supplies and equipment over rough terrain?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: August 19, 2013, 08:04:32 am »

There are two videos of it in my last post. So legged vehicles can have both military and logistics applications, how would have thought?!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:28:31 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: August 19, 2013, 08:22:50 am »

I want a Mechwarrior/Battletech style game where it is possible to get out of your mech and walk around, maybe pick up a gun and fight while the giant death machines stroll around the battlefield.

Sort of like Battlefield 3/Planetside 2, just with slow moving hundred(+) foot tall death machines on the battlefield as well.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: August 19, 2013, 08:24:54 am »

I wanted a game which is basically an arena type game, the concept will be an arena simulation.. You don't get to control your character directly, you get to affect their destiny. You get to form their history and their lives up to that point, down to race, where they lived, how they were brought up.. What kind of values they have, what kind of training and martial arts styles they have.. Etc.

It's like Dwarf fortress in the sense that everything is calculated, height, weight, physical  appearance and fighting style. Everything will be determined by how you trained them and what they value in life and focus on during a fight. The more fights they go through, the better and more rounded they will become. If say you spent you last three fights fighting exclusively boxers (Who all three would STILL box differently than each other, do to personal preferences and their capabilities/experience) your character will learn how to counter boxers better. The martial arts learning system will be built to be dynamic, you will get to choose fundamental ideas (Somewhat vague-ish ideals that will be the base of your fighter's personal fighting style) like "Observe and counter" "Remain calm" "Attack unpredictably" etc.. Your fighter can develope a favorite/core fighting style but you can build upon it and hybrid into other styles, this will happen naturally through fighting or directly if you choose to learn a new style.

You will get to choose through the usage of percentage sliders how much focus you want on the different styles that get worked in.. But the percentages don't appear until you learn a certain amount within a specific style, say.. Having one or two moves from Tai Chi will not make you a Tai Chi fighter, it will just round out your other style a bit more.

Animations will be built on the fly, much like Spore was originally intended to be (I imagine EA forced him to rush the project and to water it down to get the "E" rating) with no two jabs looking exactly the same, as height, distance, health and many other factors coming into play.. Essentially: If your jab would look a certain way in real life under certain conditions, it will look that way in the game.

Obviously this will be a 3D game, and the tech may or may not be there yet. This is something that's been in my head for a while.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: August 19, 2013, 08:30:01 am »

I want a Mechwarrior/Battletech style game where it is possible to get out of your mech and walk around, maybe pick up a gun and fight while the giant death machines stroll around the battlefield.

Sort of like Battlefield 3/Planetside 2, just with slow moving hundred(+) foot tall death machines on the battlefield as well.
The Star Wars Battlefront games sometimes have that feel with AT-ATs.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: August 19, 2013, 05:58:45 pm »

The Star Wars Battlefront games sometimes have that feel with AT-ATs.

More so for the first game than BFII, since vehicles are rather de-emphasized in the sequel (most maps don't even have large walkers IIRC).

I wish there'd be a remake of the original Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. A bloody romp through a jungle, blowing dinosaurs' heads off for some reason or another. No story, not even an excuse plot, just start the game and start killing.

As much as I can overlook the problems of many early 3D first-person shooters, even I have to admit that Turok has aged terribly. In the Turok universe, the entire world and its population is contained at the bottom of the universe's deepest, narrowest ravine.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: August 19, 2013, 09:02:16 pm »

Ironically, I remember discussing "what if the BF3 vehicles included mechs of some kind- you know how there's three slots for things, that works really well so that the models don't have to be super different".

Like, the three slots would be a weapon, armor, and deterrence.

In this way, you could even model the individual attachments and have them easily connect wherever you want them- say you want to use an anti-air missilebox, that's one thing, or a turret, which is another, but they both fit to the mech in the same place.

Armor wouldn't really need a model, as I don't think it gets one anyway for other vehicles

Deterrence could be anything from flares to a stomp to keep ground troops from planting C4 all over your feet.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:01 am »

There isn't a Battlefield 2035 or 2125 or something like that, that featured walkers and things like the air carrier from the Avengers?

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: August 20, 2013, 07:38:53 am »

Yeap, BattleField 2142 (released just after BF 1942, I think).
mechas are fun in this one, too.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2891 on: August 23, 2013, 06:29:33 am »

Asking here so that maybe someone knows the answer.

Are there any games like Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy Wars? NOT in the sense of Tactical RPG, but in the sense of 'Marry X with Y, obtain Z who can then be married with P to obtain son/daughter L that has a line of abilities/defects dependent on the father/mother pair. Sort of like the 'Pokémon' breeding stuff.

Basically, a life simulation where you need to do this in order to 'fight off' someone/something big bad. (If that doesn't exist, then something extremely customizable like Disgaea 2 for creating classes and fighting)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: August 23, 2013, 09:00:00 am »

Asking here so that maybe someone knows the answer.

Are there any games like Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy Wars? NOT in the sense of Tactical RPG, but in the sense of 'Marry X with Y, obtain Z who can then be married with P to obtain son/daughter L that has a line of abilities/defects dependent on the father/mother pair. Sort of like the 'Pokémon' breeding stuff.

Basically, a life simulation where you need to do this in order to 'fight off' someone/something big bad. (If that doesn't exist, then something extremely customizable like Disgaea 2 for creating classes and fighting)
Not sure if its quite what you're looking for, but there's a strategy/tactics game called Record of Agarest War (yay Engrish!) in which you marry one of your female allies, have a child with her, and your descendent continues the fight. This goes on for a few generations. Haven't played it myself, but it might be worth looking into.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: August 23, 2013, 09:44:27 am »

There are two videos of it in my last post. So legged vehicles can have both military and logistics applications, how would have thought?!

Hit me back when we see it in mass production. Just because it exists doesn't mean it will be viable in the long term.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: August 23, 2013, 10:35:35 am »

I really wish for more fantasy/scifi games, (in particularly a D&D game would be nice) in which choosing your race had more of an impact on dialogue and npc reactions than just getting the same old copy-pasted human dialogue with a handful of generic and inconsequential dialogue adjustments. The last game I can think of that did this well was Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. But the more I think of it, the more really, really bizarre it is how in so many games -particularly the later D&D games that explored more subrace options- the implications of your species choice (or in some other settings, class) have virtually no impact on gameplay or even dialogue.

Heck, in Neverwinter Nights two, you can be a Duergar, Tiefling, Half Orc etc and almost nobody will ever notice. Heck, you can be a Drow Cleric of Lolth (Only D&D game that lets you, mind you) and the most you will get is very occasionally a recognition of your species choice.

If a player wants to choose something as outlandish as a Drow Cleric of Lolth as their PC, chances are pretty good they are aiming for an unconventional experience with their gameplay-it's a shame that developers so seldom see it appropriate to do anything more meaningful than insert a handful of dialogue references into dialogue written for a human PC. Playing as a Malkavian or Nosferatu in VTM:B was a really unique experience, one that really deserves to be replicated in a wider array of games.

On a side note concerning NWN2, Daeghun must be the most hilariously inattentive foster parent ever, if he lets his foster kid start worshipping obviously evil gods like Lovitar, Bane, Cyric Lolth etc (all selectable as worshipped deities in NWN2) . Even more silly if you choose the Cleric or Divine Soul class-not exactly something that's easy to keep hidden from the other villagers in that case (much less your foster father). "Oh sure, she talks to spiders a lot, and she might have sacrificed a few neighborhood pets, but I'm sure it's just a phase-just give her some time and she'll grow out of it".
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:31:57 am by catoblepas »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 577