Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929625 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2940 on: August 27, 2013, 03:46:36 pm »

That one serial killer roguelike that's been attempted several times but never seems to make it all the way.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:28 pm »

Bee simulator in ASCII graphics , hive managment, ability to select new home for new generations, mutate or play as those "attacking" bees .

Raid houses, maybe if you mutate you would fight against some people trying to kill your mutated bees

Select where next generations will settle, fight other bee species

Imagine it... Flying near some water pool and stinging fat girl to chest... and after that attacking her in her sleep.. and eating her flesh, I know kinda crazy but I would like if such game would exist

I've often thought of a game similar to this, where you can choose a base species (Termite, Bee, Wasp, Ant) and from there evolve your individual colony. It would be mostly realistic, with some less realistic evolutions added for gameplay, such as thick fur for better winter survival. There would also be be a sort of "caste" system, where you could evolve so that there would be separate roles, or you could keep it homogenous. For example, You could focus points into general upgrades, and have a bunch of near-identical units that are decent at everything. Another colony may have specialized units, resulting in several smaller groups that can only do a few jobs per group, but are much better at what they do.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:26 pm »

Now that I think about it, Iji would make for a fun 2D communist MOBA.
Why communist, you might ask?

For two major reasons - there are no classes/heroes/champions/nauts (classlessness) and there is no money.

There still is experience (nano), though.

The game would play pretty much exactly like Iji did, but it would all be on a one huge map.

You'd need some degree of base-building (turrets, mostly) and a stealth system (other than a specific stealth pickup). You wanna crack them high, don't ya?

It could be a Tasen VS Komato think, with some tweaks ( Komato > Tasen, after all) and other fun metagame stuffs that all online games need nowadays for some reason.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: August 29, 2013, 01:24:20 am »

An MMO shooter with permadeath where players form massive mega-corporations and higher-ups gain the ability to order lower-level players around (by changing the quests that their questgivers hand out). Players that teamkill are blackbarred from their guild/clan/corporation and become free game, so there's quite a bit of incentive to be a good little drone and follow orders. However, massive revolts can also become a thing, as well as backstabbing and assassination on the higher levels. All of this is ordered by players, to be executed by players. So sort of like EVE Online, except as an FPS.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: August 29, 2013, 03:30:32 pm »

Generally more 'EVE-likes' in different genera sound interesting. I don't play subscription games, and I'm not a fan of mostly fire-and-forget MMO combat, but I actually tried to get an EVE free trial working a few years ago after hearing about how the game was designed with the players so much in control. More games should allow mechanics and players to interact, rather than building rollercoasters you have to click to progress.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: August 29, 2013, 03:47:19 pm »

If I understand right, if you are skilled enough you can keep playing eve for "free" forever, making enough game currency to pay the monthly fee with it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #2946 on: August 29, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »

It's possible to do that with most of the professions after about 6 months. If you work really hard at it you can get it down to just paying the month after the trial ends and then continue from there for free.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: August 29, 2013, 04:04:04 pm »

Generally more 'EVE-likes' in different genera sound interesting. I don't play subscription games, and I'm not a fan of mostly fire-and-forget MMO combat, but I actually tried to get an EVE free trial working a few years ago after hearing about how the game was designed with the players so much in control. More games should allow mechanics and players to interact, rather than building rollercoasters you have to click to progress.

Just an MMO with interesting combat from the beginning would be fun. Once you reach around level 20 and really start to grow into your class it tends to get interesting, but before that it's all about using the same 3 skills and the occasional minor healing item. It's that way in WoW, in LotRO, in FlyFF, and from what little I played of Mabinogi it looked like it was headed that way too.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: August 29, 2013, 04:18:30 pm »

I'd like a Dungeons and Dragons MMO set in the Forgotten Realms setting that doesn't rely on gated subscription services, highly advanced graphics or bizarre and unappealing fan fiction-themed modules. For that I think I'm screwed.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: August 29, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

A game where you play as an extremely depressed man that slowly spirals into madness, you have choices, but all the choices affect everything negatively in some way. At the end, your choices turn him into a serial killer, make him commit suicide, or seek psychological help and become an emotionless guinea pig in psychological study.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: August 29, 2013, 06:54:30 pm »

A game where you play as an extremely depressed man that slowly spirals into madness, you have choices, but all the choices affect everything negatively in some way. At the end, your choices turn him into a serial killer, make him commit suicide, or seek psychological help and become an emotionless guinea pig in psychological study.
Sounds depressing as hell. Would not play.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: August 29, 2013, 07:21:13 pm »

This isn't really a game, but: http://www.depressionquest.com/.

Actually, linking it with the intent to play it as game might undermine the intentions behind the effort.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:22:52 pm by Niveras »

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: August 29, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

Sounds depressing as hell. Would not play.
The thing is, the game wouldn't tell you he was depressed, so the ending is incredibly shocking and tearjerking.  But I would shout with joy at each ending very much.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:02:20 pm by Yerv »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: August 29, 2013, 09:30:38 pm »

An MMO shooter with permadeath where players form massive mega-corporations and higher-ups gain the ability to order lower-level players around (by changing the quests that their questgivers hand out). Players that teamkill are blackbarred from their guild/clan/corporation and become free game, so there's quite a bit of incentive to be a good little drone and follow orders. However, massive revolts can also become a thing, as well as backstabbing and assassination on the higher levels. All of this is ordered by players, to be executed by players. So sort of like EVE Online, except as an FPS.
Sounds like SF FPS Battlemaster :P

On that topic, I want an FPS set entirely in zero-/microgravity. It would be sci-fi themed for obvious reasons. The movement scheme would be very... original, and there would be a big learning curve, based around pushing off or holding on to various objects, jetting around, and just outright drifting.

Also, view/turning controls would be a bit different - your view wouldn't maintain a constant roll and pitch like it does in most FPSs, and you would have to carefully adjust it if you wanted to face the right way. Rotation on all three axes would be possible - but you could only turn so far (i.e. turning the head) before you would have to use thrusters or grab hold of something. To keep turning the camera from getting too difficult to control (i.e., spinning forever and requiring manual adjustment), there would be a control to automatically engage retrothrusters to help stabilize it (futuristic computer technology or something). Needless to say, though, this would not be game for the motion-sickness-prone.

The main method of maneuvering would be the jetpack (think those old NASA things). It would be built into whatever protective suit the player wore. As mentioned above, this jetpack would be sophisticated enough to allow turning on three axes, plus moving (from the player's point of view, of course) "up", "forward", and "sideways" (probably not down or backward, although there could be multiple versions of the jetpack with their own strengths and weaknesses, one or two of which would have such movement as special abilities). The jetpack would also have limited (but replenishable) fuel, however, which would partly incentivize grabbing and holding objects, as well as the fact that the jetpack would be a bit finicky to control compared with just holding a rail and clambering along.

Honestly, any first-person game would work (vehicular, for example - you could even work space vehicles into this). Hell, the combat would probably be secondary to the maneuvering. I just thought FPS because I've seen spaceship sims in the past - and because I got the idea while crudely simulating a jetpack in HL1 via cheat-commands, keybindings and macros. Flying through Black Mesa like you're in space with a jetpack turns out to be wildly fun.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: August 29, 2013, 09:46:04 pm »

I've been playing Starmade a bit recently, and one of the things I like to do best in that game is dismantle the inside of a ship and rearrange the blocks to make it more efficient.

So what I would like is some kind of game where you can customize a vehicle or whatever by going in and rearranging or replacing parts, and not just in an inventory menu or whatever, but something where you can really get in the works and get your hands dirty. Like, you'd have to sometimes take out some parts to get at something or have your virtual avatar crawl under the vehicle to access a port.

I'd especially appreciate if there was some maintenance aspect and/or the game involved spaceships. Like, if I could somehow be able to lower myself into a maintenance pit to fix a turret mounting, that would just be tits.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 577