Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929564 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3060 on: September 14, 2013, 07:45:05 pm »

Speaking of the Sims, I'd like a version of the Sims that was less grindy to play and not as horribly expensive.
DF No Idea.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: September 15, 2013, 12:08:17 am »

A game set in a location where it's large enough for there to be multiple extremely-distant spawn points. When you play through the first time, you're doomed and can't progress to the end, so you need to solve as many puzzles as possible and then die.

However, your next playthrough as a different character will happen concurrently with the events of your first. The puzzles that you solved as that first character will open doors for a limited amount of time on your playthrough on about the same time scale, so you need to rush to make it to the door at the same time your other character opens it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: September 15, 2013, 12:09:11 am »

A game set in a location where it's large enough for there to be multiple extremely-distant spawn points. When you play through the first time, you're doomed and can't progress to the end, so you need to solve as many puzzles as possible and then die.

However, your next playthrough as a different character will happen concurrently with the events of your first. The puzzles that you solved as that first character will open doors for a limited amount of time on your playthrough on about the same time scale, so you need to rush to make it to the door at the same time your other character opens it.
Unreal Tournament 3 has a mod called Prometheus that does exactly this.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: September 15, 2013, 01:28:00 am »

Right now I want a game where I can build things like in Dwarf Fortress but without having to micromanage a ton of units and with being able to customize how my character looks in the style of The Sims. If anyone knows of such a game please let me know.
Tropico 3?
It sounds fun but my computer cannot play it.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3064 on: September 15, 2013, 01:29:10 am »

Right now I want a game where I can build things like in Dwarf Fortress but without having to micromanage a ton of units and with being able to customize how my character looks in the style of The Sims. If anyone knows of such a game please let me know.
Tropico 3?
It's not that great. Try Pirate Cove instead.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: September 15, 2013, 01:55:10 am »

Tropico 3?
Please provide a link to this as well as the system requirements, otherwise I'm going to assume you are either trying to sell me on the Pirate Cove boardgame or the Pirate Cove flash game.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3066 on: September 15, 2013, 02:08:05 am »

Tropico 3?
Please provide a link to this as well as the system requirements, otherwise I'm going to assume you are either trying to sell me on the Pirate Cove boardgame or the Pirate Cove flash game.
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove, silly.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: September 15, 2013, 02:43:37 am »

Tropico 3?
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove, silly.
I think I might like the original Tropico better as I'm not too big on the whole pirate thing. Then again I was kind of thinking on a smaller scale that as far as I can tell has only been met by Haven and Hearth and UnReal World from what I've seen. I don't want to play either of those games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3068 on: September 15, 2013, 02:48:26 am »

I think I might like the original Tropico better as I'm not too big on the whole pirate thing. Then again I was kind of thinking on a smaller scale that as far as I can tell has only been met by Haven and Hearth and UnReal World from what I've seen. I don't want to play either of those games.
It's not as in your face as most pirate games are. You hardly notice. It really is a great game. And it's made by Maxis after all.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: September 15, 2013, 03:24:23 am »

A game that is exactly as hard as Battletoads, but a first-person shooter. I'm starving for a super-difficult FPS game lately.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: September 15, 2013, 03:59:12 am »

A game that is exactly as hard as Battletoads, but a first-person shooter. I'm starving for a super-difficult FPS game lately.
Hard in what way?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: September 15, 2013, 04:34:37 am »

Hard in what way?

Fast-paced, tough enemies and a wide variety of obstacles requiring constant attention to the environment. Not quite as much memorization as Battletoads though.

EDIT:

Just realized, a better way to describe it would be like the encounter with the Black Ops in Half-Life. Very fast enemies that run, shoot and run again, jumping all over the place in a big maze-like arena while you have to chase them around on the ground like a loser. That'd be one of the earlier levels in this hypothetical game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:38:51 am by itisnotlogical »

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: September 15, 2013, 05:19:47 am »

I remember a flash game that had a similar concept. You couldn't finish the level with one life, so you used your dead bodies to progress (as platforms, to trigger a switch, etc).

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3073 on: September 15, 2013, 05:22:28 am »

I remember a flash game that had a similar concept. You couldn't finish the level with one life, so you used your dead bodies to progress (as platforms, to trigger a switch, etc).
There's more than one with that premise.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: September 15, 2013, 01:40:12 pm »

i saw something like that at armorgames.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 577