Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926763 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3135 on: September 24, 2013, 11:50:02 am »

We still have Star Fox, last I checked. But a sci-fi LoZ would be pretty awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: September 24, 2013, 12:24:23 pm »

There's that sci-fi civilization from the distant past in Skyward Sword. And the game's already set in the distant past, so they're more like of the distant distant past.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: September 24, 2013, 12:32:27 pm »

There's that sci-fi civilization from the distant past in Skyward Sword. And the game's already set in the distant past, so they're more like of the distant distant past.
They totes ripped that idea off from the Adventure Quest universe. Except I haven't played Skyward Sword so I'm entirely basing it off that loose description of them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: September 24, 2013, 12:34:57 pm »

They also have Time Mines where they mined some kind of time stuff. One of them's a dungeon.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3139 on: September 24, 2013, 01:06:02 pm »

A cyberpunk RPG with a heavy focus on roleplaying. Most likely a 'Mr. Johnson' simulator where you receive instructions/take contracts, plan the job and hand-pick a team to execute it. You maintain your contacts by meeting with them and talking to them using dialogue options (Which aren't just the usual 'friendly, neutral, asshole' choices) and assessing their capability and personality through these meetings as well as developing a professional relationship.

Is this mook a plant? He seems too clean. Is there anything that someone could use against them? Is there anything I could use as leverage? "Oh, you need this job to pay for your mother's cancer treatment?" Wonderful.

Combat should be rare, tactical, deadly and a clear sign that you have failed at your job. It would be important that there is no game over except via death, so you could be identified by a corporation and have to ditch your contacts, traceable assets and identity, starting over from square one.

I'm actually planning to make something similar to this, perhaps on a much smaller scale to begin with.

Sounds vaguely similar to an open-world version of Dos EquisDeus Ex. Can't complain about that!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: October 03, 2013, 01:08:49 pm »

A game all about breaking and entering, from simple robbery to upscale heists, set in a procedurally generated city. No set or scripted missions, just investigate, plan, and execute everything on your own initiative.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: October 03, 2013, 01:10:26 pm »

Subversion was meant to be like that, I believe, but sadly it was scrapped.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: October 03, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

A game all about breaking and entering, from simple robbery to upscale heists, set in a procedurally generated city. No set or scripted missions, just investigate, plan, and execute everything on your own initiative.
Let us all take a moment of silence in memory of Subversion.

EDIT: Damn grief-ninjas
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: October 03, 2013, 01:16:05 pm »

Oh, and a versus mode where one team is thieves and the other is security guards. Every map would be very large, so that the guards couldn't possibly have every angle covered.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: October 03, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »

Oh, and a versus mode where one team is thieves and the other is security guards. Every map would be very large, so that the guards couldn't possibly have every angle covered.
Isn't that what splinter cell's spies vs mercs is like? I've never played it myself so I'm not sure though.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: October 03, 2013, 01:27:41 pm »

Except it's not about stealth kills, it's about stealing.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: October 03, 2013, 01:53:32 pm »

Since this thread has popped back up, I just want to say I'd like a strategy game that focuses on the long game.

So it would be one where you actually fight out the battles, but you don't have to win every battle to win the war, and it is in fact sometimes necessary to surrender certain valuable assets or troops so that you can take them back and use them later. Or you might want to retreat from a battle, and it's not some objective saying you need to do this, it's a call you make on your own judgment of the situation.

And there'd be no obtaining resources so that you can obtain more units in the middle of a battle. The only way more units will show up during a battle is if reinforcements arrive, which is something you'd need to set up ahead of time, or maybe you could send a messenger to call in reinforcements if they happen to be somewhat nearby.

Capturing resources would still be useful, though, as you'd need to feed your troops and sometimes replenish and repair their equipment. And though it wouldn't be feasible to build anything but simple structures on the battle timescale, between battles you can build things like wooden fortifications and siege engines, and maybe things like stone fortifications and ships if there is enough time between battles (you'd be able to save progress between battles, of course, but you'd want to be in a safe place to do it so that the enemy doesn't just kill your workers).

And you shouldn't be able to just spawn troops out of nowhere. If you were in your home country/city-state, you could recruit troops from your populace, but otherwise you'd need to convince natives of the area you are in to join your cause or work as mercenaries, you'll have to wait for reinforcements to arrive at your location.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: October 03, 2013, 02:11:32 pm »

Since this thread has popped back up, I just want to say I'd like a strategy game that focuses on the long game.

So it would be one where you actually fight out the battles, but you don't have to win every battle to win the war, and it is in fact sometimes necessary to surrender certain valuable assets or troops so that you can take them back and use them later. Or you might want to retreat from a battle, and it's not some objective saying you need to do this, it's a call you make on your own judgment of the situation.

And there'd be no obtaining resources so that you can obtain more units in the middle of a battle. The only way more units will show up during a battle is if reinforcements arrive, which is something you'd need to set up ahead of time, or maybe you could send a messenger to call in reinforcements if they happen to be somewhat nearby.

Capturing resources would still be useful, though, as you'd need to feed your troops and sometimes replenish and repair their equipment. And though it wouldn't be feasible to build anything but simple structures on the battle timescale, between battles you can build things like wooden fortifications and siege engines, and maybe things like stone fortifications and ships if there is enough time between battles (you'd be able to save progress between battles, of course, but you'd want to be in a safe place to do it so that the enemy doesn't just kill your workers).

And you shouldn't be able to just spawn troops out of nowhere. If you were in your home country/city-state, you could recruit troops from your populace, but otherwise you'd need to convince natives of the area you are in to join your cause or work as mercenaries, you'll have to wait for reinforcements to arrive at your location.

Isn't that basically what the Total War series does? It does have all of that, but it has most of it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: October 03, 2013, 02:13:42 pm »

Mount and Blade: Warband

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: October 03, 2013, 02:53:24 pm »

Isn't that basically what the Total War series does? It does have all of that, but it has most of it.
No, no by far. And especially now that they dumb down the game with each iteration.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 577