Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929449 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3840 on: March 26, 2014, 02:24:58 am »

A Warcraft grand strategy game. And a Warcraft 4 that's just as good as 3 and Frozen Throne were.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: March 26, 2014, 02:58:36 am »

There's a number of Warcraft mods for "Medieval 2: Total War" but I don't think any have reached a point beyond basic alpha, dying off before being completed.

There's probably one for Civilisation IV. I'm sure of it even though I haven't checked.

I remember seeing images of a mod for StarCraft 2 that recreates Warcraft III or something like that.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: March 26, 2014, 03:35:25 am »

Tell me, is there any games where you have a village to build and nurture from the ground up or from near ruins in a fantasy styled game? I mean like a game where the village grows giving you better gear to fight but it isn't a side thing that you do or anything like that. Kinda like how "Dark Cloud" does it...

Azure Dreams?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: March 26, 2014, 08:04:15 am »

Tell me, is there any games where you have a village to build and nurture from the ground up or from near ruins in a fantasy styled game? I mean like a game where the village grows giving you better gear to fight but it isn't a side thing that you do or anything like that. Kinda like how "Dark Cloud" does it...
Does this work for you?
Funny... PRETTY SURE I was the one that made the thread here on Bay12 on it...  (Not angry by the by)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127879.msg4359824#msg4359824

Azure Dreams?
I have heard of this, but I am really looking for something PC set. But I guess that most of these types of games come from the consoles...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: March 26, 2014, 09:15:16 am »

Well the "isn't a side thing" makes it hard. Breath of Fire 2 you got your own village and sort of customized it, and on your travels you met people that could move in (and they influenced shops differently), there's that game called Hinterlands which isn't very good.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: March 26, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »

Well the "isn't a side thing" makes it hard. Breath of Fire 2 you got your own village and sort of customized it, and on your travels you met people that could move in (and they influenced shops differently), there's that game called Hinterlands which isn't very good.

Hinterlands is fun, it just doesn't have all that much replayability to it. Still, for as cheap as you can get it these days, I'd say it is worth a play.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: March 26, 2014, 04:02:26 pm »

I loved the BoF 3 fairy village. I think any RPG should have a component like that, but you can ignore it if you prefer. CRPGs borrowed heavily from D&D, but early on they ignored several facets, and now CRPGs borrow more from other CRPGs than D&D, meaning the missing facets rarely emerge. One of the things that got left behind was the stronghold / village management / mass combat endgame.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: March 26, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »

A roguelike where the map will be randomized in any new place you visit, but if you make it back to town alive, the map will be fixed in place from then on and also for any subsequent adventurers. If you die before reporting back to town, however, anything you find outside of the previously mapped area will be randomized for your next character.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: March 26, 2014, 06:17:28 pm »

Genius, and !!Fun!!. You've got me thinking of playing a realistic average guy cyberpunk game with extra spice. Would that ever be roguelike material.

Just been looking around the forums (first post - incredibly long time lurker) and I'm currently a good ways into making this exact sort of Roguelike (I know this is from ages ago, but it got a bit of interest)! It's currently a bit too combat/dungeon delving focussed, and very rough presentation wise, but the hope is that it'll be more of a 'cyberpunk simulator' with a mix of about 70% roleplaying and 30% combat. Rent has to get paid, starvation battled, drugs taken. NPC's have schedules and follow them al a Skyrim, although they mainly just like to go and drink.

I've added some pictures in case anyone is interested:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: March 26, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »

A roguelike where the map will be randomized in any new place you visit, but if you make it back to town alive, the map will be fixed in place from then on and also for any subsequent adventurers. If you die before reporting back to town, however, anything you find outside of the previously mapped area will be randomized for your next character.
Sounds pretty interesting. Cartographer simulator 2014.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:59 pm »

Suicide runs to map/memorize the world and set up loot stores for the real adventurer ?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: March 26, 2014, 11:49:16 pm »

The whole point is that it's only saved if you come back to town to report what you've found. Example:

T: Town
?: ???
#: You know what's there

Start:
???
?T?
???

Then you explore a bit:

????
?T#?
????

And die.

The world then becomes
???
?T?
???
Again, and everything in ?s is randomly generated and not saved unless you make it back. You can't memorize it because it's not the same.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: March 27, 2014, 11:26:43 am »

Yeah, because I like how roguelikes generate new stuff for you to find every time you play, but I'm not so fond of the fact that, if you die, all your progress in that world is simply lost. Also it's a metagaming thing; you wouldn't be able to gather information about the surroundings from what a dead guy saw.

But I think you might be able to find the dead adventurer and loot his stuff, and you could use anything he brought back to town.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: March 27, 2014, 01:08:30 pm »

Yeah, because I like how roguelikes generate new stuff for you to find every time you play, but I'm not so fond of the fact that, if you die, all your progress in that world is simply lost. Also it's a metagaming thing; you wouldn't be able to gather information about the surroundings from what a dead guy saw.

But I think you might be able to find the dead adventurer and loot his stuff, and you could use anything he brought back to town.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead has this mechanic. Everything you do in the same world is still there with your next character. You may not be anywhere near it, and you don't know anything that the previous character knew, but the stuff is all there somewhere.

Well, not that the Town necessarily has any living NPCs in it, being a Zombie apocalypse and all, but the general idea still stands.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: March 27, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead has this mechanic. Everything you do in the same world is still there with your next character. You may not be anywhere near it, and you don't know anything that the previous character knew, but the stuff is all there somewhere.

Well, not that the Town necessarily has any living NPCs in it, being a Zombie apocalypse and all, but the general idea still stands.

I would like a version of Cata with just zombies! Just to see what it would be like to survive in a normal apocalypse, you know?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 577