Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929239 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3915 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:17 am »

Edit: Oh wait, there's a new MGO coming out?! :o
* Yoink is happy now.
Yeah Kojima is working on that one.. Since before Phantom Pain I think..? I really hope it's like the original MGO, or at least in the vein of Peace Walker.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 14, 2014, 04:41:01 am »

After all this discussion I went and looked up Ryzom. I then learned that I already had it installed on my computer and had promptly forgotten all about it. I guess MMOs aren't for me.

Wasn't Ryzom that game that had a really interesting tutorial that made it seem like it was a really different MMO but then when you got to the "main" map it turned out it had a ton of micropayments or something...
No, unless they changed it drastically, Ryzom always only had a monthly payment model.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 14, 2014, 10:36:55 pm »

More of a question than a wish but does anyone know of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R mod for ARMA 2? Is there such a development going on with a noticeable amount of progress?

I've seen some videos of DayZ and all I can see is the potential for a huge, irradiated zone full of anomalies and mutants. Though I have no idea how well the ARMA 2 engine does underground areas, or if it can do them at all.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 17, 2014, 01:51:07 am »

Some sort of ridiculous amalgam of:
Emperor
Majesty
Dwarf Fortress
EU4
CK2
KoDP
Dom4
Warlords Battlecry

As to the order of influence, doesn't matter.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 18, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »

Know all the times in...pretty much all media, really, where the protagonist receives a "magic pencil" artifact-kinda-thing that (s)he can use to draw objects that spontaneously come to life? (probably most notable example would be Scribblenauts)

I want to see a fantasy game whose magic system revolves around that, with people running around with magic pencils and erasers. You could use your mouse/stylus (who knows) to draw objects (and their quality (based on the similarity to the "default" drawing, which the player could have a look of in their "spellbook") would affects its stats like damage (if it is, say, a sword) or speed and HP (if it's some sort of summon/elemental).

There would be multiple colors of the magic pencils, and they would be essentially the equivalent of elements in other such games (so a red-colored drawings would have sort of fire aspect tied to them, while dark blue would be water etc.).
Over time the pencils would eventually break and you'd need to find magic sharpeners to sharpen them (until they completely run out, which could or could not take a while) so one pencil would not last you for the entire game.
Paintbrushes could also be a thing (which would require paint), and endgame would probably feature drawing styluses, but that'd be stretching it, maybe.

What genre would it be? I dunno, could be an RPG, could be a puzzle game, could be a strategy for all I know and care. But I would really like to see this (slightly comedic) concept incorporated into some game.

Obligatory concept picture, feat. a pencil sorceress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If nothing else it would make for a sweet forum suggestion game.
In fact, I may start one soon enough.
* DarkDXZ shifts his eyes

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: April 18, 2014, 05:29:09 pm »

Know all the times in...pretty much all media, really, where the protagonist receives a "magic pencil" artifact-kinda-thing that (s)he can use to draw objects that spontaneously come to life? (probably most notable example would be Scribblenauts)

I want to see a fantasy game whose magic system revolves around that, with people running around with magic pencils and erasers. You could use your mouse/stylus (who knows) to draw objects (and their quality (based on the similarity to the "default" drawing, which the player could have a look of in their "spellbook") would affects its stats like damage (if it is, say, a sword) or speed and HP (if it's some sort of summon/elemental).

There would be multiple colors of the magic pencils, and they would be essentially the equivalent of elements in other such games (so a red-colored drawings would have sort of fire aspect tied to them, while dark blue would be water etc.).
Over time the pencils would eventually break and you'd need to find magic sharpeners to sharpen them (until they completely run out, which could or could not take a while) so one pencil would not last you for the entire game.
Paintbrushes could also be a thing (which would require paint), and endgame would probably feature drawing styluses, but that'd be stretching it, maybe.

What genre would it be? I dunno, could be an RPG, could be a puzzle game, could be a strategy for all I know and care. But I would really like to see this (slightly comedic) concept incorporated into some game.

Did you ever play Magic Pengel? Its sortof like a pokemon esque version of what you're describing.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: April 18, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »

Did you ever play Magic Pengel? Its sortof like a pokemon esque version of what you're describing.

*googles Magic Pengel*
*opens the Wikipedia article*
*Platforms(s): PlayStation 2*

Nope.
Which sucks because the description sounds kind of amazing.

Although the concept I'm describing wouldn't really be limited just to live creatures, although that would certainly be one of the stronger aspects.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: April 20, 2014, 12:30:47 pm »

Okami is sort-of tangentially related to your idea, though it's for ps2 as well.  There are plenty of PS2 games worth emulating if you don't want to buy a PS2.

Really, really tangentially.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:50 am »

From the Aurora thread:
As I said, using decoys and two-stage swarms can work, but ultimately you're allocating resources and magazine space to a specialized weapon which is of dubious effectiveness for one task and markedly inefficient for all others....

I just got the desire 1) to stat/draw a ton of weird missiles and a missile destroyer/cruiser to launch them 2) Play a space-sim with those features. 

Basically, FS2 nebula missions, but you're playing a  Missile Corvette.  You've got sensor missiles and have to set-up sensor screens around gas miners and set up missile mine arrays to intercept shivan bombers.  Then, you could have a missions where you load your Deimos with a full volley of huge torpedoes and a ton of anti-subsystem munitions and dive bomb Sathanas' with fighter support.  It'd be awesome to deploy torpedo sized maxim mines.  It would end up being a puzzle/tactical twist on combat in space sims.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: April 27, 2014, 06:50:16 pm »

Yeah, I know I just described a game that would be much more easily made as a tabletop role-playing game, but I had to tell somebody. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: April 27, 2014, 11:10:57 pm »

A turn based strategy with ships like FTL... but instead of weapons doing damage, they create a robot on the target ship, which the defenders need to fight off.  There are also defense systems that create barriers the attackers can't cross, and buff systems that can boost a friendly unit on any ship.  You can either aim to destroy the enemy systems and slowly wear them down, or rush a win by destroying a few key structure systems and destroying their ship.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3927 on: April 27, 2014, 11:29:23 pm »

A game where you have a big desert to walk around. Massive. Changing weather and day night cycles. And you just wander. And stuff might happen. I'd like that.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: April 28, 2014, 12:50:46 pm »

A game where you have a big desert to walk around. Massive. Changing weather and day night cycles. And you just wander. And stuff might happen. I'd like that.

So... Kenshi 1.0, whenever it comes out? http://www.lofigames.com/

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: April 28, 2014, 01:00:52 pm »

That someone came along and mix Freeciv with 0AD. A completely open and free turn based strategic game with real time tactical battles.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 577