Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926926 times)

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4335 on: August 13, 2014, 12:07:05 pm »

Another game I would really enjoy is a good castle/feudal simulator, focused mainly on building the castle and the surrounding town.
I don't mean simply adding predefined blocks/buildings like in a RTS. I'd like to customize my castle, building myself every hall, tower or wall.
Strong emphasis should be put on the economy and management of the people, maybe with a little military on the side.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: August 13, 2014, 12:10:37 pm »

Another game I would really enjoy is a good castle/feudal simulator, focused mainly on building the castle and the surrounding town.
I don't mean simply adding predefined blocks/buildings like in a RTS. I'd like to customize my castle, building myself every hall, tower or wall.
Strong emphasis should be put on the economy and management of the people, maybe with a little military on the side.
We'll get there one day. For now minecraft with mods could work.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: August 13, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »

I'm thinking a building system more like Wurm online. Not done manually by myself, but by my subordinates.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: August 13, 2014, 03:02:20 pm »

I want to see a game explore being powerless, since most games are based, in one way or other, around having, gaining, and exercising power.
Tales of Symphonia? It explores the notions of being too weak to do anything, but it also explores idealism and various other concepts... I guess it does eventually become gaining and exercising power, but also rejecting it in a way.

Actually, almost any "Tales of..." game would fit if Symphonia would.
Symphonia is a damn good game. But perhaps not quite what you're looking for.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: August 13, 2014, 07:09:59 pm »

Not really a match, but you should at least be made aware of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castles_II:_Siege_and_Conquest...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: August 14, 2014, 03:33:29 am »

I want to see a game that makes the player completely helpless and powerless.
Clock Tower 1 and 2, Silent Hill 1-4, Rule of Rose and Lone Survivor are all really good examples, and I'm a big fan of all those series. Clock Tower especially is an amazing experience that evokes some genuine feelings of terror in me. It's a really cool game which I played very recently and I'm very happy that it scared me as much as it did. The fear isn't really nightmare inducing, it's a lot more immediate as you try to escape this guy who's trying to kill you. Meanwhile Silent Hill has that oppressive, uncertain and supernatural atmosphere in spades that make you look over your shoulder while you're playing the game.

To date Silent Hill 1 is the only game I had to stop playing because I was so scared. :c

All horror games, which seem to be the main genre that people are suggesting. Well, you and Neonivek are suggesting. I wish I wasn't so terrible at horror games.

Tales of Symphonia? It explores the notions of being too weak to do anything, but it also explores idealism and various other concepts... I guess it does eventually become gaining and exercising power, but also rejecting it in a way.

Actually, almost any "Tales of..." game would fit if Symphonia would.
Symphonia is a damn good game. But perhaps not quite what you're looking for.

It's hard to say. I know next to nothing about JRPG's.

I got to thinking about this when I was thinking about games where your character has to make a decision that determines whether another character will live or die. And thinking about what it would be like for you to be on the other side of that decision, maybe not even from a life or death perspective, but being at the mercy of someone who doesn't know you and may not have your best interests at heart.

I've become kind of sick of that mechanic, really, because it often seems to be presented like the other people have no... agency? If that's the right word. So I want to see the player put in the position of not having control of their fate, in some way.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4341 on: August 14, 2014, 10:38:35 am »

I want to see a game that makes the player completely helpless and powerless.
Clock Tower 1 and 2, Silent Hill 1-4, Rule of Rose and Lone Survivor are all really good examples, and I'm a big fan of all those series. Clock Tower especially is an amazing experience that evokes some genuine feelings of terror in me. It's a really cool game which I played very recently and I'm very happy that it scared me as much as it did. The fear isn't really nightmare inducing, it's a lot more immediate as you try to escape this guy who's trying to kill you. Meanwhile Silent Hill has that oppressive, uncertain and supernatural atmosphere in spades that make you look over your shoulder while you're playing the game.

To date Silent Hill 1 is the only game I had to stop playing because I was so scared. :c

All horror games, which seem to be the main genre that people are suggesting. Well, you and Neonivek are suggesting. I wish I wasn't so terrible at horror games.
Well helplessness is invariably a big part of fear, so yeah the horror genre is pretty much the only place you're going to find that sort of feeling.

There are moments where things feel pretty hopeless in XCOM.

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: August 14, 2014, 01:06:44 pm »

Not really a match, but you should at least be made aware of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castles_II:_Siege_and_Conquest...

Thanks, will try it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: August 15, 2014, 10:11:44 am »

Someone to make Patapon again...
I want to play Patapon again T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: August 21, 2014, 03:24:00 pm »

There are two games that I want to happen at some point:

1. An open world, possibly ASCII game where you play as the evil mercenary/assassin/hired gun in a near-ish future world in an enormous city. You get pseudo-random assignments to eliminate a specific target/steal something/whatever in any way, shape or form.
Do you just go into the CEO's house and stab him while he's asleep or do you booby trap his flying car? Or maybe you go through the windows of the skyscraper with a jetpack and shoot him in the head with your akimbo revolvers and fly off? There is a day-night cycle and all or almost all characters of which there are MANY have regular lives with their daily routines and such, and there is always a plethora of options to approach any given scenario.

2. The original Ace of Spades on the scale of Planetside 2, possibly with some modifications like some vehicles and artillery thrown in. And I guess some anti-griefing measures to keep things smooth. (and a periodical global map reset)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: August 21, 2014, 03:28:02 pm »

1. An open world, possibly ASCII game where you play as the evil mercenary/assassin/hired gun in a near-ish future world in an enormous city. You get pseudo-random assignments to eliminate a specific target/steal something/whatever in any way, shape or form.
Do you just go into the CEO's house and stab him while he's asleep or do you booby trap his flying car? Or maybe you go through the windows of the skyscraper with a jetpack and shoot him in the head with your akimbo revolvers and fly off? There is a day-night cycle and all or almost all characters of which there are MANY have regular lives with their daily routines and such, and there is always a plethora of options to approach any given scenario.
And another tally on the 'Subversion' section of the table.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: August 21, 2014, 04:52:00 pm »

This sounds like a great mod for Sims...

You could even place contracts on your annoying neighbours and then play as an assassin to take them out...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: August 21, 2014, 07:33:30 pm »

A Power Rangers/Super Sentai MOBA, in which the players can morph/join together/whatever and become one giant robot to stomp the enemy team.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: August 21, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »

A Power Rangers/Super Sentai MOBA, in which the players can morph/join together/whatever and become one giant robot to stomp the enemy team.

Obligatory music theme dependent on what Ranger you're playing as when you're kicking ass.
You know you want it! It's like Awesomenauts' killing sprees but taken up to eleven!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: August 21, 2014, 08:10:39 pm »

This sounds like a great mod for Sims...

You could even place contracts on your annoying neighbours and then play as an assassin to take them out...
Here you go.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 577