Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929447 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4365 on: August 29, 2014, 10:26:40 am »

1. DO WANT. Not sure how viable this would be, though, since it would have to be really, truly open - enterable buildings in the area, that kind of thing. Something like an open world Hitman game.

2. I actually would like the opposite - Ace of Spades in all its voxely glory, but also in its original WWI-ish glory. Basically redo the development of the original, free version and take a different road - rifles only, with possibly machineguns but only if they are to be deployed to fire and maybe off-map artillery, definitely no vehicles.
1. Subversion. Really. That is just a description of subversion.

2. You can get pretty much that from 'Build and Shoot', which is what the old version of AoS, from before Jagex got their gnarled, monetising claws into it, distributed under a different name. Since they didn't have the rights to that version, or something like that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: August 29, 2014, 11:05:19 am »

An open world rpg set in a city/region with surrounding swamp/jungle area, using Voodoo as a magic system. If you got someone's hair or blood you could create a voodoo doll, or perform a ritual to put a hex on them, etc. Practicing voodoo would attract dark spirits/creatures, and too many strange events/dark spirits would bring about a witch hunt, so the player must move bases fairly frequently, and different bases are more or less suited for certain voodoo practices. There would be a sandbox mode, and multiplayer where several players try to get each other attacked by dark spirit/burned at the stake, and a story mode with a many-branched quest line.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: August 29, 2014, 12:27:53 pm »

1. DO WANT. Not sure how viable this would be, though, since it would have to be really, truly open - enterable buildings in the area, that kind of thing. Something like an open world Hitman game.

2. I actually would like the opposite - Ace of Spades in all its voxely glory, but also in its original WWI-ish glory. Basically redo the development of the original, free version and take a different road - rifles only, with possibly machineguns but only if they are to be deployed to fire and maybe off-map artillery, definitely no vehicles.

2. You can get pretty much that from 'Build and Shoot', which is what the old version of AoS, from before Jagex got their gnarled, monetising claws into it, distributed under a different name. Since they didn't have the rights to that version, or something like that.
2. The terrain in that game was too destructible. Also for WW1 simulation what you need is a lot of NPC soldiers, a lot of constant artillery fire everywhere, with chemical shells on good days, and also - trench lines and barbed wires. Which would require special equipment to go through.
._.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4368 on: August 29, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »

..trench lines and barbed wires. Which would require special equipment to go through.
Tanks!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: August 29, 2014, 01:06:25 pm »

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4370 on: August 29, 2014, 01:07:38 pm »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: August 29, 2014, 03:20:37 pm »

Subversion is apparently canceled D: Also had a bit broader scope, more spy-ish, apparently.

I actually never played Jagex's monstrosity. I've been playing AoS since Notch plugged it on his... Twitter, I think? April 2011... wow. I feel old. But the original AoS/current BnS have diverged from what I'm thinking of here since the addition of SMG and Shotgun, plus some other changes. It is by no means a *bad* game, but not what I'd like to see.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: August 29, 2014, 03:57:36 pm »

When I used to play Runescape, which I stopped when I realized it was a dull grindfest with only the detail and humor of the flavor making it interesting, it at least only had the $5 subscription fee to get most of the game as the only monetization. If they've since done the usual MMO thing with microtransaction cash shops, I can't imagine it's even worth anyone's time anymore.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4376 on: August 29, 2014, 04:31:53 pm »

When I used to play Runescape, which I stopped when I realized it was a dull grindfest with only the detail and humor of the flavor making it interesting, it at least only had the $5 subscription fee to get most of the game as the only monetization. If they've since done the usual MMO thing with microtransaction cash shops, I can't imagine it's even worth anyone's time anymore.
Runescape is extremely fair in that sense compared to most other MMO games. Getting premium is relatively cheap and unlocks a shitload of content. I only ever played for free, but seeing some of the cool things other people had was a pretty great incentive to get people to shell out without actually keeping anything too terribly important from the players. Some of the quests were pretty interesting as well.

Trading was so annoying though. I lost my part of my gilded rune armor at one point and a friend of mine picked it up for me. Couldn't trade it back because it was so damned expensive. >_>

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: August 29, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »

Trading was so annoying though. I lost my part of my gilded rune armor at one point and a friend of mine picked it up for me. Couldn't trade it back because it was so damned expensive. >_>

Ah yes, the fair trade system. Before that, I remember getting a bunch of rune weapons from some guy who must have really needed a small fishing net.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »

I want a game where you work with other players to create a village, maintain a settlement, fight a war, etc.

Kind of thinking the sandbox and roleplaying type.

Players only have a select amount of abilities, so they almost fit into different roles

One player can not hope to be able to do everything, but a group of players working together competently runs like a well oiled machine, while one that doesn't goes down in a stressful fit of flames with everyone yelling at each other.

I know I'm kind of describing Space Station 13 but I'd like something a bit like that, but different.

A roleplaying aspect would be great too.

I don't know too many games, so maybe someone can help me. I'm a bit bored of all my current games.

Wurm Online ticks allot of those boxes.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: August 30, 2014, 12:48:03 am »

Maybe the unbearable tedium and repetitive clicking box needs to be unticked.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 577