Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929410 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4545 on: October 01, 2014, 12:01:28 pm »

Xantalos vs. Janet

Descan vs. LSP

Cacame Awemedinade vs. Tholtig Momuzidek Lelumdoren

Oh man that sounds awesome.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: October 01, 2014, 01:57:47 pm »

Captain Ironhand and his cabinet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: October 01, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »

*Ironblood, and YES!

Wait. We could actually make this a thing, if we could be arsed.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: October 01, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »

Heh, a dwarf mother and a baby with a knife.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: October 01, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: October 01, 2014, 02:29:14 pm »

*Ironblood, and YES!

Wait. We could actually make this a thing, if we could be arsed.
Ironblood VS Urist McFighter
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: October 01, 2014, 02:36:07 pm »

I fear that the only way to do Boatmurdered justice would be to make a single character a conglomerate of the whole thing. Some sort of elephantine form that spews magma and has dwarven faces all over it producing emotions that range from panic to despair to disappointment to "Hi! I', a migrant!" and discards bodyparts on a regular basis and is constantly oozing blood that never goes away...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: October 01, 2014, 02:46:26 pm »

Or we could do several characters. Sankis, SRM, that last surving guy with the two swords. Gotta whole roster to fill...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: October 01, 2014, 02:48:42 pm »

Hmmmm.

What about famous mods? Surely, we'd need something from maybe Masterwork. And then there's Forgotten Beasts!

So many options.

somany
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: October 01, 2014, 02:57:27 pm »

How would you represent Toady?  Would he be like Chuck Norris and have no hitbox?  Every move a OHKO?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: October 01, 2014, 02:58:50 pm »

Nah, nah! He's a giant toad. He attacks with streams of
Code: [Select]
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: October 02, 2014, 08:23:52 pm »

Or we could do several characters. Sankis, SRM, that last surving guy with the two swords. Gotta whole roster to fill...
That all sounds far too coherent. How could you do that to Boatmurdered?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: October 05, 2014, 09:49:46 pm »

Oregon Trail: The Board Game. It seems like a very easy game to adapt to that format, and it might get schools interested in the educational aspect again since a board game would be more of a group activity.

ADDITION:

A PC port of the SNES Clock Tower game that ran at about 1.5x normal speed would be nice. Maybe I'm just not playing in the proper atmosphere but it seems like this game is moving ridiculously slow. And sometimes there's a pseudo-slow motion effect in cutscenes, but it just looks like horrible lag.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:23:27 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: October 10, 2014, 12:15:27 am »

There was a remake that was done for the pc.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4559 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:34 pm »

I've seen screenshots, video clips, and animating gifs of various games with beautiful water effects. There are games that involve doing some scuba diving and such. Now where are my First-Person Oculus-ready surfing games?

Think about it. I have done some actual surfing, and it's a fun experience, but I kinda lack the balls to take on competition-sized waves. You know the kind I'm talking about. Overhead-sized waves (anything that crests over 6-10ft). But what about something more extreme, like the kinds of waves that require getting towed into them (20-40ft titans, like Jaws and Pipeline)? I'm talking about the kinds of waves that Laird Hamilton and Kelley Slater take on.

Pick a location, pick a time (sunrise, noon, afternoon, dusk, and if you're up to it, nighttime (moonlit while at it)), cloudy or clear skies, or slightly rainy to hurricane downpours and surges, or generate your own (workshop?), pick a board, or carve/design your own (more workshop), and surf's up.

An FPS (First-Person Surfer) game would utterly rock, especially with the Oculus on the horizon and our latest graphics to render the water and scenery to surreal levels (hell, even duck-diving under waves would look awesome). I know I don't normally value graphics all that much, but being out in the water, you need something awesome to look at, like the shores of Hawaii, Tahiti or something in full-force; even through the tube of the wave (reflections and refractions in first-person would be unreal; difficult to accomplish in real life, now the experience can be shared for the less-ballsy); especially if you're looking through some VR-lens.

Just as well, we need surfing games again. Especially ones with today's graphics that would also allow for first person perspectives (Cry-Engine or Unreal Engine 4 seems up to the task for rendering power for such a game). Naturally, rendering water, and it's physics, must be a bastard to master.

Videos:
http://youtu.be/VOLVowDWuik
http://youtu.be/UCgd9Ji6aXo
http://youtu.be/T8HCF2cef74
http://youtu.be/7woVTuN8k3c
http://youtu.be/M9-CaewvynA

EDIT:
Uplink to Google Earth, and pick a location, and it generates a location based on the image (interpreting the breakers and topological information, and even the water color (of course, aligning the images with the generator so it can process properly (topomaps, and calculating surf conditions based on image references (reads metadata of when pic was taken and where for further accuracy)); and with Live Weather Maps, interpret the kind of surf you'll take on, on the spot. Kinda like Flight Simulator does, except for the waters.) and some tweaking, and you're set. Have fun with my town under the right settings. There's a reason we have some of the best surfers from here.

Additionally, you can always see other people's replay information, and edit your own surf videos and take snapshots, for the creative, yet unskilled surfers.

The VR experience would be the definition of awesome; but experiencing the real thing still surpasses even that. Can't beat real life experience. However, unlike real life, the VR experience won't kill you if you botch a 40ft monster wave, and hit a reef while at it.

EDIT EDIT:
Since we're on boards anyway, why not also make the same thing with other games like BMX and skating games? Sponsored by Nitro Circus maybe? A Nitro Circus game would be pretty damn fun. Speaking of which, Nitro Circus Live is back with a new season. 11PM on Tuesdays on MTV2 for anyone interested. It's worth the watch.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:38:41 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 577