Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926884 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5850 on: September 09, 2015, 11:00:41 pm »

The realism and open world of ARMA combined with the stylistics of COD, set as a massive planetside-like. Preferably fighting over post-apocalyptic USA.
ARMA-Level realism meets Planetside 2.

Essentially.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: September 10, 2015, 04:52:53 am »

Also, I'd especially like to see a spacefaring 4x where population increase provides no material benefits even in the beginning of the game. It always struck me as bizarrely anachronistic that population would be strongly correlated with material .production in an interstellar civilization.

I could kinda see that. A 4x where there are (movable) caps on productivity. Up to a point more population will grant a benefit, but as soon as you hit that cap, extra population just becomes an unemployed drain on your resources. So you'd need to actively handle that. Induct them into the army and get them killed off at far-away stars. Tear down the rainforests and build mines for them to work in. Maybe raise education and standard of living so they'll go into service industries (won't raise productivity, but will stop the economic drain that they were when unemployed). Or enter a boom/bust cycle, where the population grows until it starves, and then starts growing again when enough people have died off.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: September 10, 2015, 01:33:22 pm »

I've been playing a lot of Rome II and I recently rewatched Mad Max Fury Road. Thus:

A post-apocalyptic car-wars game, RTS-with-pause (at least single player). In battles, everyone races in the same direction, or around in a wide circle, keeping the active battlefield a reasonable size, and any vehicle that can't keep up gets left out of the fight. (Settlement defenses can be different.) Thus, escape can be possible and might be desirable in certain situations. Like in Mad Max you'd have gangers leaping from car to car, bombs/guns/spikes/crossbows/flamethrowers etc. Faction-specific vehicles plus faction-specific customizations to said vehicles. (Also, since there's boarding, you can capture another faction's car and apply your mods to it.) Also hero-type people who get different RPG upgrades and you can slot them in different cars. A few different strategic resources but mainly gas, water, food, bullets. Sounds fun yes?

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: September 10, 2015, 02:19:42 pm »

And while you wait for this one, have a Convoy :

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: September 11, 2015, 12:49:22 am »

I want a Source remake of Deus Ex. I guess the engine doesn't really matter since anything is possible in any game engine given enough work, but typical Source games (L4D, TF2, Black Mesa, etc) have the closest feeling and energy to old-school shooters like Deus Ex.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: September 11, 2015, 01:05:52 am »

The realism and open world of ARMA combined with the stylistics of COD, set as a massive planetside-like. Preferably fighting over post-apocalyptic USA.
ARMA-Level realism meets Planetside 2.

Essentially.
Galaxy Drops go from paratroops to the XCOM Skyranger. I am totally okay with all of this.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: September 11, 2015, 09:36:08 am »

And while you wait for this one, have a Convoy :

That reminds me of "Momentum Missile Mayhem".
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: September 11, 2015, 09:39:18 am »

This is a thread I wished existed. And it does. PTW
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: September 12, 2015, 09:15:58 pm »

... I'd like to see more games with a playstyle ala Quylthulgs at their most furious, as per something like PosChengband, just... maybe real time or larger scope or somethin'.

Basically, a Q is an impeccably squishy critter that summons other critters and can teleport around, but it does so in big ways (relative to most other things in the games they're in, anyway). It wins fights by burying absolutely everything in bodies, bodies of all sorts and shapes and abilities and in great, great, basically unending numbers. It's the alien spawners in Infected Planet, the monster lairs in Gauntlet, the k-bot factory being guarded by a few hundred construction planes in Total Annihilation, except actively trying to hunt you down and drop things on you. Played by a human, it takes the opposing forces and spews them back at them, matching enemy for enemy and going beyond, an unending wave of flesh, piling corpse on top of corpse to achieve its goals. And... I want more of that. I want to drown my foes in flesh as they struggle and tear through my bulwarks of disposable minions, wield teleportation to gain absolute control over the battlefield, throwing myself and my foes and everything else around like toys, meet unstoppable force of numbers with unstoppable force of numbers and probably die anyway.

Just... more personal than your average high disposable unit count RTS, heh. Game with summoning/minion creation as a focus, but not some pissant weak summoner like you get from something like Geneforge or your average squad-based defense games or whatev'. I want to throw out dozens upon dozens of minions, constantly, forced to by the steady death of everything I send out as it all locks tooth and claw with forces equal and furious, dying and reinforcing just as quickly. Sci-fi equivalent would be probably be playing as an infinite-compliment carrier or missile ship in any number of space based games. That's good, too. Reassembly does a good job for allowing for that, actually, but... I don't want it being allowed, I want it the focus of the game, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: September 13, 2015, 02:24:19 am »

Also, I'd especially like to see a spacefaring 4x where population increase provides no material benefits even in the beginning of the game. It always struck me as bizarrely anachronistic that population would be strongly correlated with material .production in an interstellar civilization.

I could kinda see that. A 4x where there are (movable) caps on productivity. Up to a point more population will grant a benefit, but as soon as you hit that cap, extra population just becomes an unemployed drain on your resources. So you'd need to actively handle that. Induct them into the army and get them killed off at far-away stars. Tear down the rainforests and build mines for them to work in. Maybe raise education and standard of living so they'll go into service industries (won't raise productivity, but will stop the economic drain that they were when unemployed). Or enter a boom/bust cycle, where the population grows until it starves, and then starts growing again when enough people have died off.

I see it more as a certain minimum is required for the colony to stably exist, but even they ultimately consume more than they produce. All of the population produces resources, but all consume significantly more (how much more depends on culture, repressiveness, and - perhaps most importantly - the efficiency of your technology). The resources produced by a colony's population - that's gross production, before consumed resources are subtracted - is negligible compared to what is produced by the colony's machines; several orders of magnitude smaller. Perhaps happiness of the population would be a major scoring issue or campaign goal however, or uprising could be a threat - therefore you could not simply order purges or provoke useless wars. Plus, perhaps population could also produce reseaech/tech poimts
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: September 13, 2015, 10:33:48 am »

This may likely already exist, but I want a mouse-and-keyboard-driven 2d shooting/beat 'em up game with constantly spawning enemies and a large selection of weapons in the style of the Newgrounds "Madness" games or the Thing-Thing series. But not browser-based.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: September 13, 2015, 11:35:05 am »

I want a spy game. Realistic, but made in A way so the player isn't misunderstanding the double meanings and code words. In other words, I want a game that makes me feel like a spy, and I want it during the Cold War. Because that would be awesome!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: September 13, 2015, 12:38:28 pm »

I want a spy game. Realistic, but made in A way so the player isn't misunderstanding the double meanings and code words. In other words, I want a game that makes me feel like a spy, and I want it during the Cold War. Because that would be awesome!

That sounds like a legit game, I want this too. The closest game to this type of thing is Alpha Protocol, an action/stealth RPG that's all about the spy world and shiznit. It's pretty good and it tracks all those relationships you make throughout the game. The bad part is that it's set in modern times. I would love to see a more polished version of the game set in the cold war, I would throw all my money at the monitor for that.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: September 13, 2015, 03:49:40 pm »

I want Half-Life 3 to come out and for the game to start like Postal: Paradise Lost, with the previous installment being dismissed as a bad dream, and for it to end like South Park: Stick of Truth (SPOILERS!) or Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (SPOILERS!) with the previously silent protagonist suddenly telling everyone off.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: September 13, 2015, 03:54:26 pm »

Because that would definitely sit well with the masses that genuinely want Half-Life 3. Because they, you know, want a conclusion to the story. Not 'it was a dreeaaaammmm'.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 577